http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vs0R7xW-w

GT drivers lets the M3 get a little momentium first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkXUqYNjJg

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
That kind of looked like the Dallas North Tollroad ? Took my GT on Boardwalk Ferrari's spring rally, and it drew the biggest crowd at Southfork Ranch.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Watch GT Vs Lambo then read a few of the comments. One states " I own a GT but it is stock except for the exhaust. I think I'll add a supercharger like the guy in the video did":rofl
Another when arguing European Vs American supercars "Hey tard, the Ford GT is foreign just like the Lambo. It was designed in the US but built in Europe"
Damn, wish ida known I was buying a stupid foreign car! LOL

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA

You didn't know the Ford GT was Japanese?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Watch GT Vs Lambo then read a few of the comments. One states " I own a GT but it is stock except for the exhaust. I think I'll add a supercharger like the guy in the video did":rofl
Another when arguing European Vs American supercars "Hey tard, the Ford GT is foreign just like the Lambo. It was designed in the US but built in Europe"

I could write a book on the AMAZINGLY erroneous comments I've overheard from people at car shows/events that were being passed off to the uninformed as absolute GOSPEL (usually young guys trying to impress their non-car type gal).

'Had a '62 Biscayne in a show once. 'Guy and his girlfriend saunter over and look the car over. 'Guy proclaims to the gal, "This is a '62 Impala. 'Gotta 409 anna 4-spd. 'Don't see too many like this around." And he was 100% correct about THAT! In fact one never sees ANY around like this 409 Impala! ...If only because the car, as I mentioned, was a BISCAYNE ... powered by a dual quad LS-6 454 hooked to a 5-sp Richmond...and everything was right out in plain sight.:frown

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thats a pretty laim race, against an m3, and I always thought the gt is german doesnt gt stand for german technology:wink

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
thats a pretty laim race, against an m3

I know, it was barely worth posting except the guy was pretty sure he could beat the GT with 9.5 lbs of boost and race fuel. I guess he needs to look at some higher octane fuel... maybe nitro

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What I don't understand is why these guys thought it was necessary to do this MORE THAN ONCE????? What did either think would CHANGE in the "results" department after the FIRST one?

'Beats the stuffin's outta me...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I know, it was barely worth posting except the guy was pretty sure he could beat the GT with 9.5 lbs of boost and race fuel. I guess he needs to look at some higher octane fuel... maybe nitro

I've always had good luck with Nos cooled with Methanol. However I don't think much in the way of fuel was gonna rescue that BMW.:frown

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

to add insult to injury the gt was more than likely pullied and tuned probobly making in the 630hp range, poor m3 never had a chance against a stock gt let a lone a modified one, I raced my buddies stock gt against my 07 6sp M5 from a roll and I got the jump, but it was no compition he came by me like I was standing still, that m3 need a twin turbo setup with 30lb of boost to keep up with the gt. On the other hand I raced a heavily modified twin turbo porsche making 28 lb boost running c16 race gas making 810rwhp and I lost to him by about a car length(damn I wish I had a 200 shot that nite), but that was when my car was making 720rwhp, we had a chance to run again except he didnt have any race gas so he couldnt run ungodly amount of boost and it was no compition I went by him rather easily. btw he has blown that car up 3 times

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
GT v/s M3

GT v/s M3

GT = Pully+tune+cat delete
M3 = Turbo'd 16.5 lbs of boost + race fuel + tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8C4VdUNNg

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Fubar...with all of the YouTube postings, Ima thinkin it's you in the vid's!? :lol

But I have been wrong before.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fubar...with all of the YouTube postings, Ima thinkin it's you in the vid's!? :lol

But I have been wrong before.

I would never... never... admit to that.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
GT v/s M3

GT = Pully+tune+cat delete
M3 = Turbo'd 16.5 lbs of boost + race fuel + tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8C4VdUNNg

that m3 needs to be on 30lbs of boost.:biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Alright here is another M3 with the same kit + methenol injection. Susposdedly making 670 rwhp. Notice anything funny at the very end of the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cIH0LpivOI

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Quite an expensive kill for the M3 driver.... ouch

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Quite an expensive kill for the M3 driver.... ouch

Yes indeed... he won but it cost him the motor.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
oooopppppsssss the Bimmer boyz did not like my comment on you-tube....

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The guy with the M3 is a friend of mine. I didn't want to let the secret out of the bag for him as I am sure he is hating that turbo right now. The M3 boys are living it up on the M3 forums right now so let them have their fun. He sent his car off to the turbo shop for some new internal.

Here is a question for you smarty guys. The race was pretty close and I had a passenger (230lbs camera mount). Would that weight be enough to change the out come? I didn't think it would make that big of a difference from a 60mph roll on.

If losing the extra baggage isn't going to help... I think Mr. Whipple can. :rofl

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The weight couldn't have help you!

That M3 was damn fast, but it fits the saying...

"Fast, doesn't last!"

Get a Whipple and you can use your heavy camera mount without any problems.