GT trivia question

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Were there any only-blue Heritage paint GT's made - no orange / no roundels?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
No......, the only "one off" paint jobs that were done were the SONIC BLUE, and the one MIDNIGHT BLUE car that has SILVER stripes instead of the usual White Stripes

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I can't tell from the photo if that's Gulf blue or Calypso blue but either way looks great. Haven't seen a photo of the Midnight blue & silver car but that sounds handsome. I've always thought that Midnight Blue with yellow (ala Donohue / Sunoco team colors) would look impressive too.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Hertiage Blue

Yes, one of the prototypes was painted that way for a while then it was changed to a Tungsten/silver stripe car that is still currently in MI.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I like it
It looks well done

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I assume he was asking about production cars. Not customs or prototypes......

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Actually, it was a production car with a standard VIN. It is included in the option reports I got from Ford. There were only TWO GTs built with custom paint - the Sonic Blue car (5-0348), and the Heritage Blue 2005 (5-0036) that did not have any stripes or roundels. The Blue car with the Silver stripes was ordered as a stripe delete car, then brought back in to Saleen to have Silver stripes added to it.

This is 5-0036 in Heritage Blue, as it was originally built:

normal_5-0036_B.jpg

This is 5-0036 in Tungsten Grey, as it finally left th efactory:

normal_5-0036.JPG

This is the one and only Sonic Blue GT:

normal_5-0349.JPG

And this is the Midnight Blue Metallic stripe delete GT with Silver stripes added:

normal_5-0804.JPG

regards,

Jeff

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ok, I stand corrected. But it is a ford owned car, correct? Wasn't sold to the public?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It was sold later. Guy around here has it.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
So, other than the couple of non-standard painted cars and possibly the first few serial number cars and last serial number car, are there other unique or future-historically significant GT's (ok to conjecture) ?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
No. These GTs mentioned are the only unique production cars that were out of the normal color and options. The ALL heritage blue car I thought was a pre-production car since it was retained by Ford for so long, but I guess if Cobra is right, it may have been an actual production car. Sonic blue is the only true production car I am aware if that was painted a truly "unique" color, hence it was kept and auctioned of for charity.