GT Track Day at Sebring Int'l Raceway

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Did anyone talk to Saleen about bringing an S7 or two?

I'd pay for a ride around the track in an S7, especially if I could drive :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Bony was going to get the award for traveling the farthest, but looks like you'll be taking the gold!
I demand the west to east award....
John gets the south to north award...
:biggrin

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Bony, if you make it to Sebring, I'll try to get one of those awards like DBK and GTJoey have that declares you the official trailer king, (or queen if you want) :biggrin
Unless one of our Euro Friends makes it :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SuperB said:
Bony, if you make it to Sebring, I'll try to get one of those awards like DBK and GTJoey have that declares you the official trailer king, (or queen if you want) :biggrin
Unless one of our Euro Friends makes it :biggrin

Good idea about the 'king' award.... should be for longest travel East to West (Stefan), South to North (Jasper-John), and of course West to East (Bony).
Looking forward to having a great time. :wink

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
distance awards

I want the shortest distance award maybe all of 8 miles from my house to the track.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Maybe you could be our managing partner of the Gecko that Brian wants to invest in :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
deleted, couple ahead

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jasper said:
mj;
daewoo do they still have them there, i'll walk the track before driving
a gm branded product :biggrin

doing good

John, I think there are some on the road... they all smell of kimchee and are recycled Fosters cans.... suit yourself mate, I can walk the track faster than any DAEWOO can circulate it.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
mj;
daewoo do they still have them there,wash your mouth out with soap.
i'll walk the track before driving a gm product :willy

doing good

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
track day update...

Hello all! Here’s a quick update…

Password protected on-line registration is being set up as we speak. It will be available early next week. As soon as I have the green light, I’ll send a post & off we go! :banana Once it’s open, I’ll e-mail everyone who wants to register the password. When you register, you’ll be able to see who else has registered, as well as being able to view info on the event. Also once you register, Rich or Dennis from The GT Guys will get in touch w/you. The price/pp will be $1000. It will be an additional $200 for passengers, $200 for a 2nd car, & $350 for a 2nd driver. Guests will be allowed at no additional charge, but please indicate how many you bring on the registration (so that I know how much food to have ordered for lunch).

You can book your hotel on-line when you register at the Chin Motorsports special rate of $95/night @ Chateau Elan (a 4 point Sheraton hotel located on the track). The hotel itself has limited rooms, so I’m looking into 2 other hotels as well. Info on these hotels, along w/their web-sites will be posted w/the on-line registration info next week.

The track itself doesn’t rent out cars. I have a call in to Panoz & a few other places that rent cars for the track & am waiting to hear back. Will post when I know more.

All important info will be listed on the 1st post of this thread once registration is up & running (so you don’t have to flip through to find anything). I’ll be in Sebring next weekend to check out the track & will meet with Jim to start putting together some activities for that weekend. From some of the e-mails I’ve been getting, it sounds like we’ll have a lot of fun both on & off the track!!! :banana :cheers :banana

MJ

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
First off, me and Bony are having serious cocktails on the 13th, as we'll be the only guys in town.

Second, beat me to it.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'm gunna shove the longest distance award up a Gecko's ^$$ :wink

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
track car rentals available

This is for those of you traveling a long distance & for those who don't want to track your GT.

Panoz isn't able to rent out their cars. However, Sports Car Driving Experience (www.corvetteschool.net) has 10 C5 & C6 Corvettes from their driving school that they will rent out to us. These cars are very well prepared. There are 3 that are race ready (roll bar, 5 pt harness, slicks, etc) & can be rented for $1600. The other 7 are track ready (not street cars & also have the 5 pt harness). These can be rented for $1400.

If you are interested, please contact Henry Gilbert (954.258.6613).

On-line registration should be ready on Monday. Info on that will be posted at that time.

MJ

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
This is for those of you traveling a long distance & for those who don't want to track your GT.

Panoz isn't able to rent out their cars. However, Sports Car Driving Experience (www.corvetteschool.net) has 10 C5 & C6 Corvettes from their driving school that they will rent out to us. These cars are very well prepared. There are 3 that are race ready (roll bar, 5 pt harness, slicks, etc) & can be rented for $1600. The other 7 are track ready (not street cars & also have the 5 pt harness). These can be rented for $1400.

If you are interested, please contact Henry Gilbert (954.258.6613).

On-line registration should be ready on Monday. Info on that will be posted at that time.

MJ

I sent him and email and left him a voice mail, this is the cheap way out for me. Hope this bow-ties get along with the blue ovals :biggrin I have asked for a couple of quote to transport the GT, and I expect them to be about $4500 round trip... this is a deal. Thanks MJ :banana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Danny boy---I'll rent you my prius- 100 bucks, including gas, and better breaks than the gt - what do u say? Best deal in town.

Manny

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
1418 said:
Danny boy---I'll rent you my prius- 100 bucks, including gas, and better breaks than the gt - what do u say? Best deal in town.

Manny

YEAH, GREAT, THANKS MANNY. .. do I have to join the Sierra Club and wear a Jerry Garcia tie die shirt and affix 'save the Manatee' bumper sticker??
By the way are those Manatees good eatting, might make an interesting barbeque at Sebring :banana :cheers :banana

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
daniel;
no point bringing the fastest gt :biggrin

manny whats a prius?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Avacado's and the Prius is all Manny ever talks about :biggrin
I'm going to have to look into a Prius, something with so much hype from a GT owner must be worth looking into.

Prius is a Hybrid by Toyota, a very ugly Hybrid :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SuperB said:
Prius is a Hybrid by Toyota, a very ugly Hybrid :lol

Hey Brian, aren't you being a little hard on Manny...??? guess you could have said "butt ugly"... nah, I am sure he agrees it is fugly :biggrin :lol :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Thats it Brian! NO guacamole for you at the party! And its cute, in an very fugly, boring sort of way.

Bony--some people in Cuba occasionaly have eaten manatee. I thought they would say it taste like chicken, but no, they say it taste like pork.

Manny