GT Track Day at Sebring Int'l Raceway

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Stefan, I'd be there too! Any cars from your garage to rent out? :biggrin Per di piu', il mio italiano e' molto arrugginito...

gtx1

GTX1 Owner
Apr 5, 2006
I'll be there, I also live in Orlando and am willing to help w/ any logistics if needed Bob C

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
1/15/07 SEBRING TRACK DAY CANCELLED

I’m sorry to have to report that the 1/15/07 track day has been cancelled.

We had been told the day was set & for 3 wks have been waiting for Sebring to write up & send us the contract (which they said they were doing & which never came despite multiple phone calls). Skip Barber has asked for that day (full 3 day weekend) & Sebring has decided to give it to them instead of honoring their commitment to us. I am speculating that they were intentionally holding off on sending us the contract for this reason. I just spoke w/the GM/President of Sebring. He will discuss the matter w/the track rental people & will call back on Monday.

Sebring did let Chin Motorsports know that 1/1/07 (another Monday) is available. However, that’s right after New Year’s Eve – w/drinking & partying the night before, it’s probably not the best time to take the GTs to the track! Other possible dates (also Monday’s) are: 4/16/07, 5/7/07, 6/11/07, 8/27/07, & 10/8/07.

If they are willing to give us a big discount on another date (for the inconvenience & time/money already wasted), I will consider planning a future event w/them, though the idea of waiting until next summer isn’t too appealing. If not, I will look toward other track events to take my car to (ie, Road Atlanta) instead.

Chin Motorsports is not to blame. They have done everything they can for us & are also losing one of their weekends at Sebring (1/13 – 1/14) to Skip Barber’s driving school. I have been impressed w/Chin Motorsports from a mgmt standpoint & have heard nothing but good things about them from other people. Anything I’ve requested or inquired about they’ve been able to help with.

My apologies to anyone who has spent time rearranged schedules for this event.

(I'll post this on the other thread as well)

MJ

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This sucks.

Did you try calling Skip Barber to see if we could "buy" them for that Monday so they would back off?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Chris,

I'm guessing that Skip Barber just called the track & told them they wanted that 3 day weekend & the track said okay. They might not even be aware that others had already reserved the track. Let's see if I can get the day back on Monday when the GM calls me back. If not, I'll give you a buzz to let you know what happened & we can discuss "plan B". :wink

Florida Chris said:
This sucks.

Did you try calling Skip Barber to see if we could "buy" them for that Monday so they would back off?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So I should unstick this? Is plan B getting drunk in Florida in January, because I could be convinced to fly down just for that...

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
Sebring is more than a track

anyone who wants to come on down to Sebring I will show a good time maybe we can still get the GT guys to show up and I 'll provide a place were they can do thier magic. We'll eat up some gator tail , hot wings and kick back just let me know. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jimfro said:
anyone who wants to come on down to Sebring I will show a good time maybe we can still get the GT guys to show up and I 'll provide a place were they can do thier magic. We'll eat up some gator tail , hot wings and kick back just let me know. :cheers

maybe even a Rotary make-up?
Bloody shame that Sebring's (Dr. Panoz's) corporate ethics stink, maybe someone should send the good Doc a a Four Way Test coin?
Hope we can take you up on the hospitality. :biggrin

Meanwhile, the bar is open in FRES-YES! :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony said:
ahhh... MJ, how cute, is that your pussy? :biggrin Let me guess, her name is Margarita? :banana

maybe we could save the day and turn this thread into a pussy thread?

Attachments

• Fat Pussy.jpg
    Fat Pussy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 83

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
Dr. Panoz is not from Sebring

panoz is not from here he just came to town and bought off some of our dumb red necks who gave him not only the keys to the candy store but the whole store. Bony I can arrange all the Rotay make ups you want just come!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bony said:
Bloody shame that Sebring's (Dr. Panoz's) corporate ethics stink, maybe someone should send the good Doc a a Four Way Test coin?

Unfortunately most tracks are like this (as I'm learning). The answer is usually "We can give you that date...probably". The response to "what does probably mean" might as well be given in Cantonese, because it usually makes about as much sense to me. They could really simplify and say "probably...unless someone with a bigger wallet comes along".

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
DBK said:
Unfortunately most tracks are like this (as I'm learning). The answer is usually "We can give you that date...probably". The response to "what does probably mean" might as well be given in Cantonese, because it usually makes about as much sense to me. They could really simplify and say "probably...unless someone with a bigger wallet comes along".

Yes, well... Had they ever indicated "probably", I wouldn't have done anything until it was set. Initially they said they could hold the date for just a few days & would need an answer ASAP. I gave them the answer (ASAP) - YES, WE'LL TAKE IT. Then we discussed every detail w/them, went through how much everything would cost, deposit amt when the contract was signed, & when final balance was due. I was told SEVERAL times that everything was set & they were writing up the contract & would send it to me. Their track rental person kept saying she was really busy & I just assumed she was slow at getting to our contract or behind in her work. In hindsight it looks like she just wanted to hold onto that contract in case someone more important came along. :frown That's poor business & why I'm upset w/them. :thumbsdow

this was my 1st time dealing w/the track. lesson learned...

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Track use

Feel really sorry for you guys !
Before you don't have a signed and best -deposit paid- written agreement, You don't have it.
Could also have been that the other guys are frequent users, had a copy to sign and return in front of them, and the track people were waiting for it to return.

Seriously, should I look into Nardo ?

To make you feel better, you are all invited next Sunday to Fiorano, house course of the other F car brand...in Maranello :wink
I'll also bring the GT there (with the new racing clutch), but doubt it they will let me go on it... will use the red one.

Stefan

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
You're right Stefan. I should know better than to just take people at their word. A mistake I don't plan on repeating. At least now you aren't missing out on anything.

My wonderful boss would throw a fit if I told him I was going to Italy again next week. :biggrin But, would LOVE a reason to go back there. I don't know about everyone, but if you set something up a little more down the road (even if not a track day), I'll fly out. :banana

PS: any pix of your GT in Italy? :wink

SLF360 said:
Feel really sorry for you guys !
Before you don't have a signed and best -deposit paid- written agreement, You don't have it.
Could also have been that the other guys are frequent users, had a copy to sign and return in front of them, and the track people were waiting for it to return.

Seriously, should I look into Nardo ?

To make you feel better, you are all invited next Sunday to Fiorano, house course of the other F car brand...in Maranello :wink
I'll also bring the GT there (with the new racing clutch), but doubt it they will let me go on it... will use the red one.

Stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
You're right Stefan. I should know better than to just take people at their word. A mistake I don't plan on repeating. At least now you aren't missing out on anything.

My wonderful boss would throw a fit if I told him I was going to Italy again next week. :biggrin But, would LOVE a reason to go back there. I don't know about everyone, but if you set something up a little more down the road (even if not a track day), I'll fly out. :banana

PS: any pix of your GT in Italy? :wink

Can I pay my track fees in Tito Vodka?

It is sad that you can't take a professional based on their word. If it was me, a lawyer letter demanding another workable date plus for his Sebring staff ethics training would already be sitting on Dr. Panoz's desk, :thumbsdow :bs

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
Can I pay my track fees in Tito Vodka?

Only you would think of that Bony! :lol If you plan on drinking your fees, you must give me your GT keys first! :rofl Maybe we'll still have a weekend get together either in Sebring or somewhere else in S FL & maybe we could get the GT Guys to come to that. John still wants to fly out here & FL is a great place for people to come to in winter time. Maybe even Dr. Pikul & Stefan would show up!!! :biggrin Bony, you'd be in charge of alcohol! First I need to have a nice little chat w/Sebring's GM on Monday... Whatever happens, we'll put something together. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
salvage this thread... post pictures of your favorite pussy

here is a start...

Attachments

• index-1.jpg
    index-1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 30
  • index-2.jpg
    index-2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
  • index-3.jpg
    index-3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 29
  • index-4.jpg
    index-4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 33

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
pussy galore

Attachments

• budpussy.jpeg
    budpussy.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 43
  • poppedpussy.jpeg
    poppedpussy.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 37

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Bony, you are soooooo corrupting this thread. Keep it up & you will be in the dog house. Pussy not allowed in dog house.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Bony, you are soooooo corrupting this thread. Keep it up & you will be in the dog house. Pussy not allowed in dog house.

good advise MJ, here is a picture of a dog in big trouble,.... his nuts are going in the fire :wink

Attachments

• index-2.jpg
    index-2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 96