GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
PRICE/PP BASED ON # OF DRIVERS (total cost = $17,000):

15 drivers $1135/pp
20 drivers $850/pp
25 drivers $680/pp
30 drivers $570/pp (Piccola's goal - 1/2 way there!!!)
35 drivers $490/pp

As of 9/5/06

Total confirmed: 16
Cost/pp: $1050

Piccola (MJ) - hotel 1/14
Townshend (Erick) - hotel 1/14
Florida Chris - hotel 1/14
jtcanal (John) - hotel 1/14 & 1/15
1418 (Manny) - hotel 1/14
Abolfaz
Tachy (Eliot) & son - hotel 1/13 & 1/14
BigsGT
Beach GT (Don) - hotel 1/14
Joseph Spina & wife
Sinovac
DirkP - hotel 1/14
DBK (Dave) - hotel 1/13, 1/14, 1/15
SuperB (Brian) & wife (2nd driver) - hotel 1/14 & 1/15
Bony - hotel 1/13, 1/14, 1/15
Jasper (John) - hotel 1/13, 1/14, 1/15

Quite a few people have mentioned putting together a track day, as well as future opportunities for GT owner gatherings. Since it looks like there’s a good chance next year’s “rally” will be somewhere on the west coast, I thought it would be a good idea to put something together on the east coast for those on this side of the Mississippi.

The track at Sebring, FL is available on Monday, 1/15/07, when the weather in FL is at it’s best – cool, dry, sunny... We can rent the track, bring some of the pro racers & instructors, get it classified as a “GT driving school” (GTs would be insured), have a group photo shoot at the track, possibly get some of the top racers there for autographs, get some timed trials on the straight, video in the cars, & take advantage of all the extra space for food, vendor tents, child/family events & activities, etc.

FL also has an incredible amount of racing history, car/racing related attractions & sites (as well as Disney, Sea World, Universal, etc), which are just a short drive from Sebring. If we have enough interest to rent out the track, it would be easy to fill the entire weekend (1/13/07 – 1/14/07) with events & activities for the group. I would be more than happy to organize this, but need to get an idea as to how many people would like to attend.

MJ

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Sebring

Let's GO! :banana

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm in.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
What's the total cost of the track for the day.
With that, it's easy to decide if it's a go or not, then sign people up.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Sounds cool!

I'm in. Here are the running classes:

Class I : Joe Speed
Class II: The rest of us :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I put in a couple of calls & within the next day or two I should have a good idea what estimated total costs will be. Cost per person is tricky as most of the costs are fixed & it's hard to tell at this point if we should expect 15 GTs or 50. I will put some money down to reserve the track. Based on the response I get from you guys & after talking w/the instructors, I should have a decent idea about what your costs will be.

By Monday morning, I'll put up an official sign in sheet on the forum with payment details & give you a brief outline of what to expect.

For those who are interested, this is a quick break down of the track costs. January is considered "in-season".

$9,000 12 hr course
$6,500 road course
$6,500 modified course
$2,000 skid pads

The deposit is 50% of the track rental including 7% tax. This is due with a signed contract to hold the date. The balance is then due 30 days prior to the event.

Track rental includes ambulance, fire/rescue, and a hook wrecker. We will need to pay $100 per corner worker.

They do not rent gear (ie, helmets), but I will be able to get someone out there to supply the necessities for those that don't have them or forget to bring them. I will also post a list of what is needed (for both you & options for your car) with web sites & price ranges, so that you can purchase these beforehand.

As far as the instructor costs & insurance, I will have more info at the end of the weekend.

The track insurance requirements are as follows (& you need to obtain your own insurance - though I'm working on doing this a little differently):

Liability Coverage:
$5 million combined single limit
$5 million participant legal liability

Participant Accident Coverage:
$10,000 AD&D
$10,000 blanket med expense
$100 for 104 wks Weekly Indemnity

Certificate Holder:
Sebring Int'l Raceway, Road Atlanta, Panoz Motorsports, Fountainhead Development

Add'l insured: Sebring Airport Authority

As mentioned before, I am trying to set it up as a driving school, which would legally allow us to insure the cars. I am also aware that there is a variety of experience out there. Some of you have racing license & frequent the track a lot. Others have been there a few times. For many of you, this may be your first time at a track. I will find out the requirements for going w/o an instructor, as well as insurance options for that.

If you have further questions or suggestions feel free to post them or e-mail me directly at: dzgirl_77@yahoo.it

MJ

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We may want to see what kind of room availability they have at the Hotel Elan there at the track. :wink

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I've contacted Chateau Elan & am working on a group rate for Sunday & Monday night (track day is Monday).

I think that those traveling to Sebring for the track day will want to see other places over the weekend & will have different accommodations for Friday &/or Saturday nights.

Thanks! MJ :cheers

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Probably in - Very excited.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, I couldn't stand to miss all the cold weather and snow up here in the winter. I can't get away from work either.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
So to cut to the chase, if we get 20 GT's the cost should be about $1,000 to $1,500 per?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
SuperB said:
So to cut to the chase, if we get 20 GT's the cost should be about $1,000 to $1,500 per?

Brian,

I'm still at work & haven't had a chance to put all of the costs together & estimate a price/pp. I am waiting to hear back from an instructor to get those costs & then will figure in any of the "extras". Yes, probably between $1000 & $1500.

MJ

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am interested, but will the event be limited to GT's. I prefer to drive something with a full cage like a Cup Car.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
I am interested, but will the event be limited to GT's. I prefer to drive something with a full cage like a Cup Car.

Anything for you Bony! :wink Won't be a problem. Would be great to see you there! :cheers

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I think it sould be GT's only, but as long as it's Bony, I guess it's ok :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd like to come, but I prefer to track my Lotus 240R Cup car. Is that OK?

240RCup.jpg

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Tempting me with such a beautiful car, are you? :wink

I'd love to have you there Chris, but it really is meant to be for the GTs. At this point, I don't know how many GTs we will have or how quickly we will fill up. Official sign in will start tomorrow. I'm giving the GT's top priority for registering. Let's see where we are in a few weeks. If it looks like there will be enough extra room without having to turn away a GT driver, it's a possibility. I'll have to get back to you on that...

MJ

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
:frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:

240RCup.jpg

I WANT ONE!! Waiting for the XXXL version, at Lime Rock you will lap the GT's.
Damnit, I just simply don't fit in one... yes, I tried. :thumbsdow :confused

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Florida Chris said:

240RCup.jpg

Heres a neat little vid. of your cars little brother.
www.autospies.com/news/VIDEO-Supercharged-Lotus-Exige-S-5990/