GT Track Day at Sebring Int'l Raceway

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:

Hey Chris :biggrin
Whats the deal with very fast yellow things on the ground and slow ones in the sky.... enquring minds.... and nosy XXX-XXXXES want to know :biggrin :banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
Hey Chris :biggrin
Whats the deal with very fast yellow things on the ground and slow ones in the sky.... enquring minds.... and nosy XXX-XXXXES want to know :biggrin :banana

You are so right. The 240R will smoke the WACO in a race. I dunno, I have always been partial to yellow and black color combinations ever since I was stung by a bubble bee in the first grade. Hmmm.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
You are so right. The 240R will smoke the WACO in a race. I dunno, I have always been partial to yellow and black color combinations ever since I was stung by a bubble bee in the first grade. Hmmm.

bumble bees according to my aeronautical sources are not supposed to be able to fly. I love yellow as well, FLY YELLOW specifically. Should we arrange a GT get together at SEMA :cheers :thumbsup :cheers Maybe a dinner at the Palm, Morton, Del Frisco, Alex???

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
slow ones in the sky

The weekend of the Sebring event is also Light sport Expo at Sebring Airport come and see how you can go slow up highand and still be cool on the ground

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
bumble bees according to my aeronautical sources are not supposed to be able to fly. I love yellow as well, FLY YELLOW specifically. Should we arrange a GT get together at SEMA :cheers :thumbsup :cheers Maybe a dinner at the Palm, Morton, Del Frisco, Alex???

When is SEMA this year? Can you get me credentials? Dinner's on me if you can pull that off.

jimfro said:
The weekend of the Sebring event is also Light sport Expo at Sebring Airport come and see how you can go slow up highand and still be cool on the ground

That would be fun to see at the same time. If I can't run my 240R I'll fly up in the "banana".

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just wish I could go....:-(

BUT come on fellas - stick to your GT's for this track day, and find out who's da man (or gal) with the braggin rights come Monday...
I mean, you didn't bring those British poxy sports cars to the rally, so keep this track day "GT clean"

Good luck MJ

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
When is SEMA this year? Can you get me credentials? Dinner's on me if you can pull that off.

Hi Chris,
10-31 through 11-3-06
I think I should be able to get you in under my company. I am checking now for some folks you know. As soon as I know I am on safe ground I will do a post. If you have never been to SEMA and you like cars and girls you will think you have gone to car heaven.
God Bless America,
daniel

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
one of 101 said:
I just wish I could go....:-(

BUT come on fellas - stick to your GT's for this track day, and find out who's da man (or gal) with the braggin rights come Monday...
I mean, you didn't bring those British poxy sports cars to the rally, so keep this track day "GT clean"

Good luck MJ

Hey, every race needs a back marker. Of course it would be a shame if it wasn't a "British poxy sports car". :biggrin I have dented too many race cars in my time and am too much of a chicken to push my prized GT on a track. Of course the Lotus is disposable. :lol

Actually there were some non-GTs at the rally. An F-car, a Gulf stickered 300, and a Range Rover if I remember correctly...

bony said:
Florida Chris said:

Hi Chris,
10-31 through 11-3-06
I think I should be able to get you in under my company. I am checking now for some folks you know. As soon as I know I am on safe ground I will do a post. If you have never been to SEMA and you like cars and girls you will think you have gone to car heaven.
God Bless America,
daniel

I tried to apply a couple of times with my company and was turned down. Hard to make a real estate company look like it's in the auto trade. Somehow I manage to get into Comdex and the CES, but not SEMA.

I have never gone :frown but would love to.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
bony said:
I tried to apply a couple of times with my company and was turned down. Hard to make a real estate company look like it's in the auto trade. Somehow I manage to get into Comdex and the CES, but not SEMA.

I have never gone :frown but would love to.

Hi,
I will do my best, I have actually imported and exported cars for my own account.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Florida Chris said:
I'd like to come, but I prefer to track my Lotus 240R Cup car. Is that OK?

240RCup.jpg
Chris is that one of the bio fueled cars http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=14864 :confused :confused :banana

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Todd-

Your link is not good, but no, it is not a bio fuel car. Runs best on race gas, 98 RON minimum. It is the track only version of the European 240R. Basically a stripped out Exige with a supercharger, track suspension, roll cage, fire bottle and cut-off switches so that it is SCCA track legal. Comes from Lotus with Yokohama slicks.

Not street legal in the US.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Florida Chris said:
Todd-

Your link is not good, but no, it is not a bio fuel car. Runs best on race gas, 98 RON minimum. It is the track only version of the European 240R. Basically a stripped out Exige with a supercharger, track suspension, roll cage, fire bottle and cut-off switches so that it is SCCA track legal. Comes from Lotus with Yokohama slicks.

Not street legal in the US.
http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=14864
I hope this link works. I was looking at the piston head website and found a biofuel lotus 265E. :willy

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Count me in, so long as I can swing the time off, and track novices are allowed. Probably can convince another GT owner in town to come as well. Post costs when available.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
To Tachy, Chris, & everyone else!

It's been a few days, but I haven't forgotten you guys!!! :biggrin Have been making a ton of phone calls! There have been some insurance challenges for allowing track/racing cars like Bony & Chris have (problem solved). I wanted better, more experienced instructors who will give 1-on-1 service & provide full classes to new drivers (found them). A way to get each person max track time (4-5 hrs) regardless of experience level - in an organized & safe fashion (done).

Thanks for being patient!! The goal is to have a hassle-free, well organized, smoothly run event & that's what you'll get! Will you have to pay more than the estimated $1000-$1500? No, you'll actually be saving money!! :thumbsup I'm just waiting for one important phone call & we'll be ready to go, with prices & everything!! :banana

MJ

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sounds great, will my Abrams Battle Tank be allowed if I switch to rubber track? :cheers :thumbsup :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
sounds great, will my Abrams Battle Tank be allowed if I switch to rubber track? :cheers :thumbsup :cheers

I hate to tell you this Bony, but the "M1" in M1 Abrams Battle Tank does not stand for "Mark 1" or "Mach 1". :lol Let's see... Slower than molasses, heavy enough to crack the track, it would crush any GTs in its path... Try again. Better yet! Since you won't be able to go... Perhaps I could choose which of your cars to send down here!! I would take GREAT care of exercising them on the track for you!!!!! :banana :biggrin :banana

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I'd be in for this. I've been to a Panoz school at Sebring where we ran the GT-R cars wheel to wheel for 3 days. An awesome track; I'd love to get some seat time in my GT there.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
I hate to tell you this Bony, but the "M1" in M1 Abrams Battle Tank does not stand for "Mark 1" or "Mach 1". :lol Let's see... Slower than molasses, heavy enough to crack the track, it would crush any GTs in its path... Try again. Better yet! Since you won't be able to go... Perhaps I could choose which of your cars to send down here!! I would take GREAT care of exercising them on the track for you!!!!! :banana :biggrin :banana

ok, no abrams tank, I did not say no, I said your event conflicts with Barrett Jackson, Russo & Steele and RM's auctions. You have to convince me I will have more fun at Sebring than I will have attending a week of auctions, parties, fine food... start selling MJ :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
ok, no abrams tank, I did not say no, I said your event conflicts with Barrett Jackson, Russo & Steele and RM's auctions. You have to convince me I will have more fun at Sebring than I will have attending a week of auctions, parties, fine food... start selling MJ :thumbsup

You mean other than the fact that I'll be there? :biggrin I am not much of a seller my dear Bony (especially at 4:30 AM), but this one seems to be no contest! You decide to go to the auction, you'll spend a lot of $$ on a car you decide you need to have. Then you'll have to buy something nice, useless, & ridiculously expensive for the wifey (aka jewelry) for letting you get the car (on top of the new furniture & remodeling). Not to mention the whole time you are there, you'll be thinking about all the fun you are missing out on!!! :eek

Instead, you can come to FL and hang out for the weekend w/a bunch of crazy Floridian GT guys (& me). We may not have formal dress up parties :ack and eat at all the 5 star restaurants, but you will definitely be hanging around some 5 star people! Plus, the energy, excitement, & fun we're going to have will make it feel like one big ongoing party! :party :club

You were just at Monterey, surrounded by these very same auction houses. You go to auctions all the time... When's the last time you were on the track going fast in a cup car? Your cup car will be here anyways, right? That's fate!!! :thumbsup Take her out on the track & see what she can do! It's what she's made for! How are you going to show her a good time if you're sitting at auctions???? :frown Plus, you will have an absolute blast w/all of us & you know it! :banana :cheers :banana

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Track day

Anyone wanting a “Pre-Sebring” shake down may want to consider an event at Roebling Road in GA. November 10, 11th 12th. It's PCA Empire Region’s event. Usually “other marque” friendly. Driver’s are categorized by track experience and instructors are provided. (Novice groups fill up fast) Cost is in the $+/- $200 range for the week-end, about $100 more if you do Friday’s open track. as well. I’ll be running the GT and my 914-6. This is a very safe school at a great track which is being repaved at the moment, so it will be in good shape. They run about 20 cars at a time in five different run groups.

See http://www.cerpca.org/ (link appears to be down at the moment)
See http://www.trackschedule.com/ for other events too.

Gordon.

Last edited: