GT Getaway Weekend 3- The Southern Tour

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
It's that time of the year to start making plans for the annual GT Getaway Weekend. This year, the tour will be in the Southern part of our beautiful state of Arizona, ranging from Scottsdale to ?????

Details are still being worked out, but the dates are set. April 25-27 2014

Plan on packing your cow person (see, I can be PC) hats, and if things go real right, your helmets. There will be something for everyone to do and see. As participants of the last 2 events can tell you, plan on lots of miles on your car. Remember, as always, GTs are not required, but a great time is.

Keep checking this thread for updates.

Hope to see you there.

Rich (GT Tech) :thumbsup

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Plans are starting to gel for our little event.

At this time, I would like to get a "soft" number of those people who may be interested in attending. It makes it much easier to line up hotels, food, and activities when I have a rough idea of bodies.

I will be traveling the prospective route next week. Once that is done, I'll start posting details.

Thanks
Rich (GT Tech) :thumbsup
Chip, can you make this post a "sticky"?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I won't be making it this year, Rich. I won't be picking up my car in Michigan until the end of May.

Sorry, Ralphie

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rich,

I certainly can and I will obviously be there.

Chip

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Rich

Elana and/or I will likely be there. Looking forward to it. We will know better closer.

Steve

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Sorry I will be in Ohio for the tour! I'm on my way to Arizona today.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Count me + better half for the BBQ friday night.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
should be able to answer this weekend. Stay tuned....
Lady Moose

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
!! Update !!

Plans aren't finished yet, but here is what we have so far.

April 25th Friday

Cook out at John's GT Super shop and Hangout in Scottsdale.. 5 PM until ???

April 26th Saturday
Final details are not firmed up yet, but it looks like there will be some track time at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, Arizona
. This won't be a hard core day of racing, but a few hours of playing around. I'll be meeting with track people on Tuesday to finalize plans.

I will be posting overall plans next week, but I will need to start getting a hard body count ASAP. I would like everyone who is going to let me know, and I'll send full details to each person who signs up by PM when everything is set.

Thanks
Rich :thumbsup

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sounds great Rich.

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
UPDATE !

Spent the day at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox. What a great facility. Rode for a few laps in some type of I talian car. 430 Scooter or something. Crude

We will be spending Saturday afternoon running laps at the track. No serious racing, but everyone can get out there and play. Ladies, this is the chance to show everyone what you've got behind the wheel.

Dinner will be catered in the track's mini museum.

I've gotten a special rate for every one at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilcox. If you are planning to go, You will need to make reservations ASAP.

Times getting close here kids. NEED Numbers.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Barry is in. Arlettte may come down the first night. Ralphie, get your car back early and I'll promise to try and NOT throw anything at your windshield.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Plans for our little weekend escape are all made. It looks to be a GREAT weekend. Starting with the cook out at the shop on Friday night, and the track time on Saturday. Sunday will be a very full day. For those who attended last year, We will be going back underground on Sunday. Different place, but just as cool. (47 degrees year round)

Reservations at the Hotel in Wilcox for Saturday night need to be made ASAP, as rooms sell out very fast. Sign up for all the details to be sent by PM.

Travel books will be give at the cook out Friday night for those who are doing the event.

Remember, you don't need a GT to participate.

Here is the starting list

GT Tech - 2
FlagstaffGT - 2
Colton74 - 2
Partssman - 2
ChipBeck - ?
JBG - ?
Blue Moose - 2
ILIV2XLR8 - 2

Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Hello Rich, Michele and I are in!! Reservations made. I met Kai Goddard from Inde Motorsports Ranch http://www.indemotorsports.com/site/index.php at Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale on Saturday. Great guy and he is very familiar with the GT as he has raced the SNT Motorsports / Muscle Milk Ford GT in the 25 hrs at Thunderhill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihOuh2WwtA (watch it all and it gets good at the 8:20 mark) He is looking forward to our group visiting. We will not be bringing the GT but rather something else I have wanted to track for a while. Rich, How do you find this stuff? Thanks for putting together a great weekend! John.

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Glad to have you guys on board. I promise you a great time. You mentioned you wanted to try a different car on the track. I thought Mich got rid of the "Smart For Two"?

ILIV2XLR8

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Scottsdale AZ
Rich: I will be joining the party also. Should be a lot of fun. Now I have to figure out what to do for a spare (emergency) tire.....Jeff

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Glad your joining us Jeff.
I know you'll have a great time.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Glad to have you guys on board. I promise you a great time. You mentioned you wanted to try a different car on the track. I thought Mich got rid of the "Smart For Two"?

Rich, because I can't get any Hoosiers for the smart car :lol, the GT is back in the GT Getaway Weekend Southern Tour. We are really looking forward to this! Thanks, John.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Time is almost here. Plans are all made, travel books all printed up, and everyone is getting excited. Looks like we have a really great group of friends doing the "tour".

Still time for anyone else wishing to go to sign up. Once we start putting up pictures here, you will regret you missed it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Wish I could be with you, Rich - - - it's snowing here in Mammoth this morning!

Have a great tour!