GT general information

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thanks for posting this! I'm beginning my long, slow climb from being a GT Newb toward at least being able to talk intelligently about my latest passion/acquisition!

Well, on that accord......

Attachments

• Listed below are the specifications and dimensions for Ford GT.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 2005 FORD GT tech specifications.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 89

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Thank you Kingman! DJ

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Kingman

I posted this request this morning, was out all day, not only did you get the exact file I needed but many other, thank you very much. Not to seem ungrateful but was their also a TV show on the GT, not a "Car Crazy" or other show highlight but more a documentary on the entire project?

Steve

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
It was on the Discovery Channel and there was a DVD you could buy at the Discovery Store but I don't see it on there any more.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Kingman, those were all very good.

I too have only seen the two SAE papers in pdf format that you listed. For the others, which are all very good as far as technical documentation, I believe one has to purchase the "PT" document.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
..............but was their also a TV show on the GT, not a "Car Crazy" or other show highlight but more a documentary on the entire project?

Yes there was. The History Channel/Discovery Channel had a show called, "Rebuilding a Race Car Legend/Ford GT 40". It was out on DVD, but I believe the stock has run dry. Excellent show.

Other channels produced "Great Cars, GT 40" and "Automobiles, The Ford GT-40" that were both on DVD. You can also find several segments on YouTube where 'Top Gear' produced several episodes that discussed the GT 40, the GT, and the GTX1 (Kip Ewing the designer frequents the Forum). YouTube also has segments from 'Fifth Gear' as well.

Super Bowl 2004 Advertisement pics below.

Attachments

• pic32702.jpg
    pic32702.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 104
  • pic14989.jpg
    pic14989.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 102
  • pic32609.jpg
    pic32609.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 106

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sadly the discovery DVD is awesome, and long gone. There have been past posts, about correspondences go see if they would release it again, and it did not look good. Glad I was lucky enough get one back in the day.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I tried to upload the 30 second and 1 minute Superbowl Ford GT commercials, and also the Ford GT Screensaver, but this program wouldn't accept them. If you want them, PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send them to you.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
On ebay you can find the Gt videos

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Thank you very much for the documents, now I have to find the time to read them all.

Thanks again, Steve