GT...40

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Good times. Great memories. Mark II here you come! Here’s to hoping it will be just as good second time around.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
David,

Like my son Charley, you are not very sentimental. I think that's a big advantage as it's held me back from moving on many times in my life. I REALLY liked the color and spec of H040. It was the first new GT I ever drove and the first I rode in as well. The color lock option wasn't available back when we ordered but your car should have never been duplicated. In hindsight I think Ford would agree. I'm sad to see it go and even sadder to see the buyer lie about his intentions and flip it. No good deed goes unpunished. Onward. Cheers brother.

Chip

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
I loved HO40 from the first photo. Dave your passion and energy for all these GTs and the great people you have woven together as this weird family has been an unbelievable trip. Thank you. There are always bumps in the road that drive you crazy but if it were easy everyone would be doing it or as another Michigan son Mr Seger would put it. Some times you just have to “Turn the Page”

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Weird family? Speak for yourself John. Ha ha.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I loved HO40 from the first photo. Dave your passion and energy for all these GTs and the great people you have woven together as this weird family has been an unbelievable trip. Thank you. There are always bumps in the road that drive you crazy but if it were easy everyone would be doing it or as another Michigan son Mr Seger would put it. Some times you just have to “Turn the Page”
LOL! "weird family" Ha! That is the definition of me & Dr Frank! Yes, lots of bumps & crazy stuff for Mr DBK. Lucky he has us, his "family" for support. Perfect John!

Ed

Reactions: Vince H

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Well said John. Dave, your passion for this GT group and for all Ford GT's, first generation or later, has been awesome. Can't wait for the next chapter of what is in store for you. Thanks for all you do.

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
Who would have ever thought that that first gathering in Detroit to honor the end of production more than a decade ago would have resulted in all this - the excellent rallies in so many different locations, the events, the scavenger hunts, the race tracks.... and the best of all as noted by so many is the camaraderie and friendships that have developed. Dave, you are an astute, honorable, and appreciated host! Thank you for all you've done (and continue to do). God bless America, God bless you. xxoo

Last edited by a moderator:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Dave, I would like to “second” all the excellent comments made about you and the Forum with one exception; I don’t want to send you all the hugs and kisses that Lady Moose sent you. Other than that I’m on board. Alright maybe one hug.

Last edited:

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Dave, although I'm (still) decades away from GT ownership I've admired your efforts and GT camaraderie for almost a decade now. You've created a genuine community of fine people on the internet, not an easy task to do not an easy thing to maintain. I try my best to keep my posts to a minimum, but your efforts do not go unnoticed.

All the best to you in the next chapter of GT forum leadership.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who would have ever thought that that first gathering in Detroit to honor the end of production more than a decade ago would have resulted in all this - the excellent rallies in so many different locations, the events, the scavenger hunts, the race tracks.... and the best of all as noted by so many is the camaraderie and friendships that have developed. Dave, you are an astute, honorable, and appreciated host! Thank you for all you've done (and continue to do). God bless America, God bless you. xxoo
Totally agree!!!!!!!!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
That one moonlight reflection pic will forever be my favorite of HO40 or any other GT. Bad Karma will ride along with that buyer for a long time. (see "My Name is Earl" series.

Reactions: steved57

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The sucker got the SHAFT! $875,000 no Sale! That’s what he deserves! What goes around comes around!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Terrible venue for that car.

Reactions: Cobrar and GKW05GT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Got an e-mail last night there are lots "still for sale", there are 147 lots available still.... seems like a lot.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
there are 147 lots available still.... seems like a lot.
A lot of lots...

Reactions: BAT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dave, ... Alright maybe one hug.

Make it a side hug!

Ed

Reactions: Vince H

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Who would have ever thought that that first gathering in Detroit to honor the end of production more than a decade ago would have resulted in all this - the excellent rallies in so many different locations, the events, the scavenger hunts, the race tracks.... and the best of all as noted by so many is the camaraderie and friendships that have developed. Dave, you are an astute, honorable, and appreciated host! Thank you for all you've done (and continue to do). God bless America, God bless

Amen to this! And others comments too.

Hugs? Sure, why not, any old time!

Kisses, sorry no can do.
Just to much facial hair for me!
😆🤣

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
My take ....

All of these incredible experiences and opportunities that were afforded to us were done so because of you DBK. My family and I are forever grateful that you allowed all of us to participate in this journey. The Ford GT race program, the application, building and ownership of the new Ford GT, the races (Le Mans!!!) and access to all the key people involved, not to mention the Ford Family themselves, all from front row seats is unbelievable. I'm sure many of us wouldn't believe it if we didn't just live it! Haha! H040 will always remain DBK's GT in my mind and one of the greatest color choices ever made. To say you did your part is an understatement. Thank you, thank you , thank you for all you do.

Vince H

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Dave

I've have always very very much appreciated what you do for the GT community. I had the pleasure of meeting you in Le Mans. With all the pain and BS you have talked about (tip of the ice berg), know that I, and 99.99% of our family here sincerely and deeply understand and again appreciate what you do here...

Thank you.