GT...40

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
And I am looking forward to that day Ed!! See you in a couple weeks. :)
Heidi will make you one of her famous Bony manhattans!

Ed

PS After you help unload the GT - LOL!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Dave, I would like to “second” all the excellent comments made about you and the Forum with one exception; I don’t want to send you all the hugs and kisses that Lady Moose sent you. Other than that I’m on board. Alright maybe one hug.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Unbelievable! Sick feeling in my stomach reading this(and I am a “stomach Doc!”). Ruins it for everyone! Toatally understand now why no recent national rallies. Community has definitely grown with NFGT production. Logistics would be a challenge. Though really miss them!!

Button

Jul 11, 2009
St. Paul, MN
Dave, although I'm (still) decades away from GT ownership I've admired your efforts and GT camaraderie for almost a decade now. You've created a genuine community of fine people on the internet, not an easy task to do not an easy thing to maintain. I try my best to keep my posts to a minimum, but your efforts do not go unnoticed.

All the best to you in the next chapter of GT forum leadership.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who would have ever thought that that first gathering in Detroit to honor the end of production more than a decade ago would have resulted in all this - the excellent rallies in so many different locations, the events, the scavenger hunts, the race tracks.... and the best of all as noted by so many is the camaraderie and friendships that have developed. Dave, you are an astute, honorable, and appreciated host! Thank you for all you've done (and continue to do). God bless America, God bless you. xxoo
Totally agree!!!!!!!!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
There is nothing wrong with the world today, just some of the people in it.
Just when you think you've heard it all too! Sorry you had to go through something like this, friggin crazy shat.

Reactions: steved57 and Apollo

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
With all those red Ferraris there your GT is basically a Riviera Blue middle finger. Well done sir. That post made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow! :(

So sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Lucky there are more nice people on this forum than bad people.

Ed

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
I've gotta stop looking at this thread. I keep second guessing myself on not doing a custom color with the 17' I've got on order. I just got too nervous with screwing things up and then being stuck with things.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I've gotta stop looking at this thread. I keep second guessing myself on not doing a custom color with the 17' I've got on order. I just got too nervous with screwing things up and then being stuck with things.
Nah, you are good. Every color looks fantastic on this car. Really not a bad choice out there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I presume it was noticed? How did the crowd react?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Wow! :(

So sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Lucky there are more nice people on this forum than bad people.

Ed
Yep, I agree. And although it would take a lifetime, scumbags should be weeded out of the flowerbed one at a time.

@DBK thank you for all you do for those of us NOT trying to screw you or Ford over! The vast majority of us are here for the right reasons.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I presume it was noticed? How did the crowd react?
+1, might have been fun to catch a few reactions on video.:lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You are already a GT legend!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Nah, you are good. Every color looks fantastic on this car. Really not a bad choice out there.
I agree. If you choose it and love it, then it is the right color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Thank you sir!

You want balls of steel? How about sneaking into the Ferrari parking area at the Concours with a blue Ford and putting the LM winning suit Joey Hand wore on the dash? :lol

LOL, you just like looking for trouble!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
DBK has already said he will help you & anyone else with custom color process. For a fee! LOL. Not easy for sure!

Ed

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's awesome Dave.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Dave don't let a couple of greedy, self-indulgent, vindictive, spoiled brats ruin our fun events. There will always be a few spoiled apples in a bushel barrel, but that doesn't mean to throw the whole bushel barrel out. You do a fantastic job organizing these Rallys and should be able to sleep well at night despite these trouble makers. I sure hope you haven't thrown in the towel because of 2 people.

Reactions: LOVE CHP

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
yes very cool. Margaret and Megan and Ryan and I went over to see it once Dave showed us where he parked... We took a series of family pics in front of Dave's car.
I asked one of the Ferrari guys if he would mind taking a pic of my family. He asked " in front of which car? I answered ..."The Blue Ford GT of course."!
He took the pic. , we thanked him and moved on... all the Folks there, to their credit, were treating the vehicle with utmost respect.

Andy (ajb)