GT 200MPH Speed Day/Mojave Mile Update Thread

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats to everyone. Impressive numbers. For those of you that got out run by Monica, you got beat by a GIRL!!! LOL

H

HHGT

Congrats to all. Kendall's attention to detail is amazing and these numbers prove it. Rumor has it he has a secret weapon to achieve these numbers.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Pretty damn impressive.

Go Blu!

Go Monica! Call Torrie for his Saturday Night Special Tune!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Pretty damn impressive.

Go Blu!

Go Monica! Call Torrie for his Saturday Night Special Tune!

Hahahahaaa !

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Am tired but one last note. Great part of the day for all of the cooltech TT group was kendall putting the hammer down with a 218.6 in apollo's TT. Congrats from us all and we are so happy and priviliged to have you as our car guru and friend.

Till tomorrow.....

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Rock on!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What a great day. Firs and foremost - just great people to be around - from the team driving down from Northern California to those TWO different owners who flew in from Hawaii. It was just a real pleasure as always to be around great people... and great cars.

Terry finally squeezed my fat but and tall frame into his GT helmet and all. Once the door was closed, let's just say I was "at one" with the car. By rule, I was required to do a first pass between 140-160. I did a 146.5 after first hitting 174 (accidentally) and then coasting down to the 146. I was then OK's to do a pass up to 220. Terry told me to just shift up through the gears and hold the RPM at 6500 in fift. any more RPM and I would break out of my speed. I swear, I was at the 6500 rpm with a 1/4 mile to go and I just had to modulate the go pedal to hold at 6500. Result was 218.6. Then, Terry took the keys away from me! No, seriously, the car is just absurdly fast and I had a blast!

I am literally falling to sleep as I type. Up early and then we're on our way back over to cheer the great Forum Members on!!!!!

Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Just a quick and exhausted note from Mojave. First: I was impressed, but not surprised, at the character and quality of my GT brethren. What a great bunch of guys and I enjoy the forum even more now that I have connected faces with names. Second, a big fat thanks to Tom, who pulled off a spectacular event while running some big league speeds on his own.

Third: I saw 210.1 in my Gen 1 Whipple with the mildest pulley and 91 octane tune. Standard grears, no sweat.

Full review to follow...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Back off and try to hold it down to 220!

Aloha GT - 236.7 and Apollo banged out a 238.6 on his final run of the day.

Gentlemen,

It's hard to grasp. These are street legal, door slamming, license plate wearing cars that can be used as daily drivers running at an altitude of 2800 feet and they are accelerating to OVER 236 MPH in 1.3 miles. Some of the most exotic race track only cars can't come anywhere near those speeds. And they are so stable and easy to drive that Terry LOANS HIS OUT for a 220 MPH joyride. "You need to back off and hold the RPMs down to 6500 so you don't blow past 220!" The TT Ford GT is an amazing car. Heffner built, Cooltech preped, and powered by the Ford GT Forum. :cheers

And.........Monica ROCKS!!!!!!

Chip

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
So after reading this thread yesterday you guys inspired me to take the Batmobile out to AREA 51 this morning and see what the old B2 bomber could do with a Gen 2 Whipple (21 psi and 100 octane tune) and stock gears. i hit 225 mph on GPS in 5th gear and my tach was reading 7,000 rpm's. it took me ~ 2 miles from a dead stop to hit this speed. the air temp was 55 degrees and my weather station reported a corrected Density Altitude of 1370 feet above sea level. there were no winds whatsoever but there was lots of humidity and fog this morning :cool

who needs a 300 foot wide runway when you got a 2 lane road runnin straight through the desert :lol

i will post a pic of my GPS when i get somebody to take a pic of it because i currently do not own a camera as the ex-wife took it when i served her papers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzeOQNwiLo

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Freddy

You need a vbox.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - i need twin turbo's :usa

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Very busy at the mile today. First runs AlohaGT 217.5, skyrex 217.5, Apollo 221.4. Good starts. Ladies running soon. Couple bikes went down including cycle record holder from last event. Everyone okay.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow, those are all strong miles for that elevation. What's the DA/weather like? Have to imagine those would all be well into the 220's in Texas.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - the air temps at Mojave have been very favorable yesterday and today. not sure what kind of winds they are having though....

Apollo's run would more than likely be 230 mph at the Texas Mile :driving:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Bikes went down? Crosswinds?

What's the wind like out there? Head/cross/tail?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Very busy at the mile today. First runs AlohaGT 217.5, skyrex 217.5, Apollo 221.4. Good starts. Ladies running soon.

Good luck today everyone. Be careful out there. Hope the bikes are ok. Great runs by the GT gang. Tom, love your new siggy!!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
The morning after the GT-day...... First of all, heads off to Tom and his lovely wife Summer for all the efforts, diligence and passion for the group and our GTs to make this event materialized!! Thank you, thank you!!! Tom was so encouraging that in between his runs, which were many, making sure the event going smoothly and everyone having a great time, he even asked Mrs. Skyrex to look me up to see how am I doing with my quest to reach my goal of 200mph, with my measly pulley&tune. Thank you bud!!

Also, a big thank to Terry and Monica for the constant encouragement, giving me pointers, helping me to tape the front and the removal of the wipers....all to give me additional chances to touch 200!! Thank you, guys!!

Well, not without trying, I made 15 runs, but came up a little short..... 198.7mph was the best I could do yesterday.... I may not have reached my goal, but a chance to catch up with friends and new faces, plus the runs were more than enough to overshadow the 1.3mph shortage.

Now, if we could put another one of these 1.3 mile private event together to give it another go at 200..... So, for now, I'm a member of 200mph club minus 1.3, hahahaha.

Big congrats to all the big #s!!!!! Good times, good times.

GTED

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
No wind today. Bike lost a side panel @220 @ 3/4 mile point and he lost it. He is okay. Only one run so far for terry and I. Kelvin cooked off a 220 and called it a day. Monica just did a 216.7. My wife got a 204.7 in her first pass , 4th pass ever and was upset because she had a bad shift. I may have created a monster. LOL

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
No wind today. Bike lost a side panel @220 @ 3/4 mile point and he lost it. He is okay. Only one run so far for terry and I. Kelvin cooked off a 220 and called it a day. Monica just did a 216.7. My wife got a 204.7 in her first pass , 4th pass ever and was upset because she had a bad shift. I may have created a monster. LOL

Watching your wife get upset because she blew a shift and still ran 204.............Priceless.