Good news, bad news.

2manytoys

Feb 20, 2019
I'm two for two on applications, I received my rejection email yesterday. Pretty much the same feeling I had last time, in retrospect I'm not sure why I thought this go around might be different. I'm original owner of 5 SVT vehicles including 2- GT's, 25+ ford vehicles in collection and fleet, Forum member, etc... However, I'm not into social media, probably considered an old dinosaur in most circles. There's a Ford dealership near San Antonio Texas that has a NFGT on the floor, the sales dept. boast about putting up for auction in a year. Maybe there's more to the story but this is the part of the selection process that's hard to swallow, when investors and celebrities are chosen over the true blue car community. I'm glad a Forum like this exists for all of the enthusiasts out there and best of luck to all the other applicants.

Reactions: Mpinelli24

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Lol. Well congratulations on the future Ford GT.

What color are you getting?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Just received my email stating I've been selected for the opportunity to buy a NFGT. Thats the good news. The bad news is how am i going to convince by wonderful wife Linda that I want to spend a half million $$$ on a NFGT
Err, it’s a lot more than half a mil..........you better make sure she is sitting down when the concierge gives you the final figure!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I got the bad news yesterday that I was not selected!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I am hoping the 2020 LM103 option will retrofit. I heard its track only and prgm is for 103 octane or higher. But the extra 43hp got to be worth it.

Enjoy the process
It’s April 2nd, not April 1st.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Looks warmer than when I visited a month ago, and the snow is almost gone. Every owner should take this incredible opportunity to visit MM and see their car being built.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Add "only smidgen over 600"
That's all 😁

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
"Well I think there's an intitial deposit, and then another large payment later of around 300"

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Payment terms are 50% upon the order, 50% just before delivery. Big numbers.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Congrats!! look up the Heinz ketchup anticipation song. You are going to need it!!
But well worth the wait.
Enjoy the experience.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats Gary !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
someone told me, its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I think the phrase is " easier " :)

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Lol. Well congratulations on the future Ford GT.

What color are you getting?
Likely yellow to match my 05.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Congrats Gary!

I think its time you get down on your knees and eat as much muff as you can. LOL.

Reactions: roketman

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Err, it’s a lot more than half a mil..........you better make sure she is sitting down when the concierge gives you the final figure!
What should I tell her?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Submitted affidavit. Received Welcome Guide. The journey begins

Reactions: Special K

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Congrats Gary !!
Thanks. I'm humbled to be among the "chosen".

Reactions: steved57

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Add "only smidgen over 600"
That's all 😁
Is that a bare bones number?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Has anyone posted a general price guide for those of us who haven't been through the process yet? Something like "Base price =$", carbon wheels = $", custom paint = $", etc. I'm getting the impression that prices have gone up just a little since the first allocation round.
Texas Mongrel posted his order sheet. Base price is now $494,500. Not bad really, given the demand. Lest anyone carp about the price, remember what a difficult, pain-in-the-rear it is for Ford to build a car like this. Also appreciate the miracle of the car and race program getting approved by management. I still can’t believe it, but at noon today in the Multimatic factory my disbelief will be suspended.
I agree. This would be very helpful to have early on. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that this will be a significant financial investment for my family and it will take exceptional financial planning savvy so knowing earlier what my ballpark cost will be would be very helpful. I also didn't want to either wait for my concierge to reach out to me, nor did I want to bother them well ahead of my turn given the volume of emails/calls that they must be receiving.

I didn't find Texas Mongrel's order sheet on search but any additional info or a link to that order sheet would be great. Thanks all!

EDIT: Looks like I should have read further down. Thank you guys!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Has anyone posted a general price guide for those of us who haven't been through the process yet? Something like "Base price =$", carbon wheels = $", custom paint = $", etc. I'm getting the impression that prices have gone up just a little since the first allocation round.

Reactions: GTMD