Can't. Stop. Watching.

[video=youtube_share;tRBwf_L2_Ns]http://youtu.be/tRBwf_L2_Ns[/video]

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That thing is pretty f*cking epic!! It’s hard to believe they are really going to make that car. It is so much sexier than the 458, which I didn’t think was possible. Hat off to LaFerrari for making a LaFreaking-Monster. I don’t think you can compare the looks with the GT, retro vs spaceship, it’s not apples/apples. It’s like comparing a Monet and a Mozart, they just arn’t the same thing. This will definitely crawl into the very-dated category in a big way, but it may take 100 years for that to happen, in the meantime… wow!

To bad the new McLaren isn’t a center seater. I bet it is the best ‘drivers car’ but I was looking for F1 throwback. That rear wing is off-the-chart, I bet it makes enough downforce to dig a hole in the ground.

Thanks for the pix, laDave.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Dude your screen name is a riot.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I am not liking the Lambo - design is way too fussy

Both Ferrari and Lambo designs are 'McDated' as they hit the Internet.

Perhaps Denis/Rich can help Ferrari with the La panel gaps...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. And people hassle Ford GT panel gaps? Yeesh.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well.........................I guess Pockets is the proverbial pair of brown shoes in a tuxedo world...again. :facepalm:

The car does nothing for me. It's okay, I guess, but I much prefer the looks of the 458. :shrug

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
LaDBK hahaha :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin
I guess your are as sold as I am on the new F-car.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Will they make a 500th one for the new Pope? LaPopemobile has a nice ring to it.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
It's not the overall cabin height. It's the relationship between an unbelted occupant of a certain height and where, when and with what force they would theoretically impact their head inside the cabin. See the round greenhouse on LaFerrari, and the extremely round greenhouse on the P1.

I will ask what the specific rule was but it's probably something in FMVSS 208 where the rules changed for cars built after September 1, 2006, which is why Ford finished production of the car by exclusively building cars for the Canadian market for the last month of production until they stopped on October 1.

Look up FMVSS 208 S5.1.2. My guess is that's it, but I have to see Camilo this afternoon and will ask him. Not that he'll remember the rule number, but he'll remember the test, as he has bitched about it before.

Reading FMVSS 208 S5.1.2 made my head hurt

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=r49CFR571.208

You aren't kidding! :ack

You have to be both an attorney and engineer possibility understand this crap.

Ford must have more than 50 to 100+ people dedicated to regulation compliance.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
BlackICE;331761Ford must have more than 50 to 100+ people dedicated to regulation compliance.[/QUOTE said:
Add a couple of zeros...... :frown

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Well.........................I guess Pockets is the proverbial pair of brown shoes in a tuxedo world...again. :facepalm:

The car does nothing for me. It's okay, I guess, but I much prefer the looks of the 458. :shrug

I'm with you on this one. There is more than a passing resemblance to the Glickenhaus P4/5, just not enough to make it attractive.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The F40 and Enzo still stun me. This one is nice though. Love those active stability flaps under the car. Can't wait to see what an oil change costs though. The answer is "if you have to ask. ... "

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

I got a lot more hurt from reading the rules for a GT, GT1 and GT3 class cars. They even give you the instruction book.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Anybody care to make a wager as to the percentage of these cars that will sustain damage to the door mirrors within a 3 year period?

They stick out so far, with so little support, I think an attorney wouldn't have too much of a problem arguing 'Attractive Nuisance'. They have, 'Come Break Me Off' written all over them.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Anybody care to make a wager as to the percentage of these cars that will sustain damage to the door mirrors within a 3 year period?

They stick out so far, with so little support, I think an attorney wouldn't have too much of a problem arguing 'Attractive Nuisance'. They have, 'Come Break Me Off' written all over them.

Not too many. Most Fcar owners don't drive the cars any more then EP does.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
T Can't wait to see what an oil change costs though.

+1. The $1,200 - $1,400 (or whatever it is) that's demanded for a 'change on an Enzo is just a wee bit much IMHO. Oil is oil ('special' blend, 'pixie dust' or not) and a filter is essentially a filter. (And, for you tech types grabbing for your keyboards - yeeees I know their are differences between 'filters "X" and "Y"...but, the point's the same. :wink)

The answer is "if you have to ask. ... "

Yeah, I love that! That adage has always irritated me to no end! How is one supposed to make out a check w/o knowing the amount??? Besides, being able to pay "X" amount for something doesn't necessarily mean one should automatically be willing to pay whatever might be demanded.

I'll shuddup now...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford must have more than 50 to 100+ people dedicated to regulation compliance.

Hundreds specifically dedicated to various levels of compliance, thousands of engineers that have to work under compliance guidelines each and every single day.

FVMSS is a very long and complicated set of rules, and unfortunately they are not common with some of the regulations in other countries.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Suddenly the Porsche 918 looks kind of boring.