Fubar's GT Build

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
My guys and I have been following your project from the start and we here couldn't be happier for you. Now go make some power.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mark,

I've said it before but it bears repeating now that your GT is finally alive again. During the 6 years this project has taken the '05-06 Ford GT has gone from a cutting edge Supercar to a Timeless Classic!! I hope the debugging and tuning goes smoothly and quickly. A lot of us have missed you at our events. Get your ass back out there bro. All the best.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just a few little photos. There is nothing to report yet... no real power pulls. This was just a break-in dyno day. Now it comes apart to re-torque the heads and check all the connections. There are some minor issues that we need to sort out but it's very street-able at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 414
  • FirstAssistant.jpg
    FirstAssistant.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 405

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was just telling Dave that I plan to go on a long.... long drive once we have it running, R I G H T ! I may even accidentally forget my phone and who knows, if I end up in Arizona, I might knock on your door.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I was just telling Dave that I plan to go on a long.... long drive once we have it running, R I G H T ! I may even accidentally forget my phone and who knows, if I end up in Arizona, I might knock on your door.

My home is your home Mark. You are welcome any time.

Chip

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mark,

I've said it before but it bears repeating now that your GT is finally alive again. During the 6 years this project has taken the '05-06 Ford GT has gone from a cutting edge Supercar to a Timeless Classic!! I hope the debugging and tuning goes smoothly and quickly. A lot of us have missed you at our events. Get your ass back out there bro. All the best.

Chip

+1
What he said.
Mark, drive that puppy out to Utah!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Im not as articulate as the others here so I will come right out and say it. I think this is one bad mother****ing car. About time! can't wait to see the end results!! keep us posted. And a big congrats

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yay!

Resubscribing if there is such a thing.

Keep us posted!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Great to see it Mark!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Made it out too C&C today. It was nice to be seen.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 255

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And likely hardly anyone there understood the magnitude of the build. Must have been rewarding to drive it again.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats FUBAR! What a masterpiece

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It's true that very, very few understood what they were looking at but it's just never been done (like this anyway) so I get the confusion.

The interior is finally going back in and we were able to add some party favors for the few brave passengers the dare to ride along.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 214

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Why don't you make an album of the pictures you took before, during and after the build? That would help explain what you did.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
love it!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I knew you would, Soroush.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
You have so much "spare" room.
Couldn't you find a more convenient place for the bottle?
Congrats on your build.
It's outstanding!!!
Best,
Mark

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
We debated putting it up front but there were to many technical problems with the install, plus a sideways mount isn't ideal. This setup allows the bottle to come out by pulling a ring clamp at the base. The hose can be tucked away and the remaining floor hardware will have a small boot to make it less noticeable. It should be neat and tidy for Friday night, date night or go-fast, Saturday mornings.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
We debated putting it up front but there were to many technical problems with the install, plus a sideways mount isn't ideal. This setup allows the bottle to come out by pulling a ring clamp at the base. The hose can be tucked away and the remaining floor hardware will have a small boot to make it less noticeable. It should be neat and tidy for Friday night, date night or go-fast, Saturday mornings.
Dude,
I was kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

its actually a nifty idea, I wish I had come up with it, I just strapped my bottle to the passenger seat for different events but that got old real quick! post some more pics