Fubar's GT Build

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Any kind of official or unofficial get together? What happened to the Bony memorial gathering?
There was a separate post for the dinner. It's still on for tomorrow night

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What a sight to behold! It is a privilege to follow your build.

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
FUBAR, that wouldn't happen to be your Ferrari 288 GTO in the shop as well??
PS... the GTO actually started life as a Ferrari 308. The 288 was designed off of the 308 and is almost an identical frame, back to the rear firewall. We have engineered a replacement rear frame that is accurate (measurements taken from two real 288's that belonged to our customers). We even made a press die to create accurate elliptical oval tubing for the frame. This sets the wheelbase to the correct dimensions and allows our 100% correct GTO body to be fitted. Other frame modifications are added... like wider frame rails, to be accurate... and integrated hidden cage.

Our preferred engine option is TT 430, are planning on 458s in the future, and or a 308 for those that want it to resemble more of a 288 engine. MoTeC engine management, race grade abs, traction control, etc. All MoTeC mil-spec race wiring... all modern running gear. Cars end up weighing about 2600-2800lbs depending on engine selection and accessories chosen.

Sorry for the side tracking on the subject of those less worthy "red cars"... Just wanted to clarify it isn't a "KIT CAR"... more of what we traditionally refer to as a tribute "re-body". It is still a Ferrari. :)

Cheers

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^or a small CO2 tank, which is cheap and readily available for refills (beverage or fire extinguisher supply). Gas laws apply to all gases.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats FUBAR! What a masterpiece

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
nop

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Mark how about an update on your GT??

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
So you did increase the 'cooler volume. Then I take it the second unit must be remote located and siamesed into the original plumbing?
The stock intercooler is a Honeywell unit that is rated for 1000hp. The stock motor was probably producing an average of 650-700hp so that was well within design parameters but with an expected wheel HP of at least 1000 on pump we either had to accept that the motor would have a very short duty cycle or up the intercooler ability... now it is rated for 2000hp. That should last me a few weeks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Turbo power, supercharger powerband… when finished I want 1000+ hp on pump gas and 220 at the mile on whatever fuel...

I also have plan to follow Soroush into the N2O realm, unless the car makes everything I want without it...
Sounds like spray low, pray high? :willy

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
We changed compression and were also talking about N2O, at that point the stock rods were just not tested enough to understand their full potential. The rest of the motor is completely overbuilt for 1500hp, leaving the stock rods in their just wasn't part of the thought process.

The "thought process" sounded a lot like... Why half-ass what you can over do? ...Followed by something like "yes order the depleted uranium valves from the Russians, we'll worry government clearance when it gets here. Muwh ha ha ha ha"

Something like that.

Cheers.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You can see why it's hard to argue with him, right?

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
Mmm mmm mmm...
I want to touch them.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am here... the car is not 'done'... I I cry myself to sleep often.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Can you tell again where the steam ports that are too low are? In the pics with the Phenolic spacers on the GT500 motor, are we talking about the tubes at the end of the heads that sweep up to the phenolic spacer up top?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am here... the car is not 'done'... I I cry myself to sleep often.
It can go back to stock in about a week bud. Then you can enjoy driving a GT again. Buy a stock motor, use stock pcm and wiring harness, take all the crap off it and just enjoy the car! 30k and you are driving your GT again.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you feel like it sometime, 'would be great to see a pic or two of that setup. :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am not sure if I posted this here but this was a video I made for my kids friends. They wanted to know what the heck I did.... sometimes, I do too.

Reactions: GTMD

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hey Fish, is there a way to use the MoTeC to sense and adjust for N2O bottle pressure?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Part two of that little jewel.

Reactions: Brombear and GTMD