Front License Holder

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If 10 want the front license holders shown in the beginning of the thread I will make them. Otherwise no.
I'll take 2 ! Please

I like it, but would like to know the cost before committing to buy.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I like it, but would like to know the cost before committing to buy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said!!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Outside states cannot enforce other states laws. Wouldn't CA love to enforce IL gun laws.

CA cops & CHP can enforce safety laws on visitors. However, if you are visiting CA in your vehicle; I am fairly sure, you don't have to meet CA smog laws & some equipment laws (tinted windows, front license plate, etc). Some equipment laws like excessive sound, excessive visible tailpipe emissions, etc are enforceable by CA cops & CHP. Although most CA cops are busy fighting crime so Motor Vehicle Code enforcement & revenue generation are the main purposes of the CHP.

Ed

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
OK, here is how I see it:

1). Acquire 6061 sheet $5.00 per
2). Take to shear 45 min @ $20=$15/10= 1.50 per
3). Shear $5.00 per
4). Fabricate plan view 20 min@ $20/hr=$8.00 per
5). Satin finish 15 min@$20= $7.00
6). Brake $5.00 per
7). Take to anodize and pickup 1hr@ $20/10 =$2.00
8). Anodize (est) $8.00 per
9). Apply tape and good screws $5.00 per
10. Shipping $5.00

Total cost to fab and ship in small lot is $51.50. What do you think is fair selling cost delivered ? How does $100 sound as my son is going to do this.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sounds fine to me !

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Said I would never do this without enuf orders but we are fabbing a dozen.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Hope I am first on the list!

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
This is to DBK: I have fabbed 21 license holders to sell to the forum members for $100 each, my cost is above $50. Do I need to do something with the forum to be able to do this? This is more of a service than anything else. I have posted the plans for anyone who wants to fab their own.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Any news on availability?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ron, Craig is gone. See post by KenDALL.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ron, Craig is gone. See post by KenDALL.

Just in case you don't know what the good Doctor is referring to (I didn't):

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-Andreiko-quot-andreikoc-quot-has-passed-away

RIP Craig.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
That only works on the 06 style cars with no grill.
Not all 05's have the early grill...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 185

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So I have had some Front plate holders made I am going to call them the" ANDRE" front plate system. For those interested My friend who made them will take orders and sell them for 65.bucks including delivery (ground shipping) I will post pictures tomorrow.I will also post and email address to contact my friend Abe who is producing them to order.
Ok here is the finished product We angled the plate for air flow and if the Police are using laser on you .The angle points the reading away as in up.
For any one interested pm me and i give my friends email.We also used a rubber pad between the mount and plate to minimize vibration.We also have a foam piece between the back of the mount so it will not damage the lower facia. I am very happy with the end result.

Attachments

• IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4915.jpg
    IMG_4915.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Not all 05's have the early grill...

My '05 (1857) also came with the '06 grill version (no grill), but I bought the externally installable grill from The GT Guy LLC. When putting on a lot of miles, it's nice to keep the bugs out of the AC condenser, and also to prevent stone punctures.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My '05 (1857) also came with the '06 grill version (no grill), but I bought the externally installable grill from The GT Guy LLC. When putting on a lot of miles, it's nice to keep the bugs out of the AC condenser, and also to prevent stone lpunctures.

Ed or Soroush can get those bugs out with dental picks.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice brake ducts !

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Nice brake ducts !

Yep - we both got 'em at the same place! View attachment 31643

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So I have had some Front plate holders made I am going to call them the" ANDRE" front plate system. For those interested My friend who made them will take orders and sell them for 65.bucks including delivery (ground shipping) I will post pictures tomorrow.I will also post and email address to contact my friend Abe who is producing them to order.
Ok here is the finished product We angled the plate for air flow and if the Police are using laser on you .The angle points the reading away as in up.
For any one interested pm me and i give my friends email.We also used a rubber pad between the mount and plate to minimize vibration.We also have a foam piece between the back of the mount so it will not damage the lower facia. I am very happy with the end result.
Are you really driving with that on?