Ford Racing pulley

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Tony,

Are you running the Accufab throttle body with the Ford Tune?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Had the GT 6 months then got ford pulley/tune it was great. Year later got GT Guys X pipe. Another 10 to15 HP and great sound. This has worked great on the street and track.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony,

Are you running the Accufab throttle body with the Ford Tune?

It's the accufab tb but I think it is a gt guys tune. It's not the ford pulley

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Okay. I didn't think the Ford tune supported a bigger throttle body.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Okay. I didn't think the Ford tune supported a bigger throttle body.

The Ford tune is completely compatible with the bigger throttle body. Unless you car is running very high boost from a Whipple or TT, the throttle body will do absolutely nothing for increased performance - hence the reason that it is fine with the Ford Racing tune.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Kendall.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And just for the record, I like the throttle body and sell/install a lot of them so John knows I like and support his product. But John would tell you the same thing that I have regarding performance. The cast OEM TB is just sorta ugly bolted up to a pretty billet Whipple and the Accufab looks sooooo nice!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And just for the record, I like the throttle body and sell/install a lot of them so John knows I like and support his product. But John would tell you the same thing that I have regarding performance. The cast OEM TB is just sorta ugly bolted up to a pretty billet Whipple and the Accufab looks sooooo nice!

:agree:

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I don;t think it matters that much what you go with, I went with the Ford Racing via CoolTechllc.com as I live in the Republic of California. I really doubt a smog tech would know the diff on these cars. But after passing for a couple cycles on a Z06, and trouble passing with the new OBD2 rules for readiness ,I decided to go with Ford.

If I didn't live in Cali I would go with Torrie's or John's tune. Just my opinion. And BTW I know for a fact John's tune produced more HP/TQ at a dyno day a few years ago, than some others. We did not have an example of Torrie's tune that day, but is shows what the tuners can really do. I feel the diff with the Ford tune at roll on for sure, you will not be disappointed, but I also assume some is left on the table. I follow this stuff pretty close, So my Choices would be Torrie/John/Ford.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thumbs up !

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I bought the early Ford Racing Pulley kit which also included the shorter supercharger belt. I then bought an SCT module with a tune (can't remember from who at this moment). It was MUCH crisper over all RPM ranges! I would never go back to stock. I also have a wideband A/F dash mounted gauge (from Shadowman) so I can keep an eye on things. Also, I had no problems passing a smog test here in the Republic or California.

M_FGT

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2013
I had my pulley and headers with a Torrie tune from Kendall @ cooltech..I managed to get 640rwhp on a dynojet

excellent service from cooltech

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Kenne Bell pulley. Torrie tune.

Amazing!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thanks everyone, a little knowledge goes a long way !

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I had the Ford tune which added a nice boost. Then had a DA tune which to me felt dull compared to the Ford tune. The Ford tune seemed to add a punch at the top that the DA tune lacked. May have produced a better dyno curve I don't know but boring SOP meter.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

I've got one FGT with the Accufab throttle body, and one FGT with the stock throttle body. I totally agree with Kendall - the Accufab looks *much* better!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Guys,
where can i get the best price on the Accufab Throttle body GT Twin 75 for my GT?
thanks
ernie

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You can order right from our website as one choice:

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford/gt_billet_dual_blade_throttle_body.shtml