SGB

www.goplanetcobra.com

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They had 6 cars at the Ford display in Elkhart Lake.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
A guy in Atlanta picked up a Heritage 1-2 years ago at an Atlanta MB dealership that he discovered through paperwork stuffed under the driver's seat was Bill Ford's. It has the same serial # as the LeMans winner, and it's not the Heritage that Forum member Steve owned. :cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
A guy in Atlanta picked up a Heritage 1-2 years ago at an Atlanta MB dealership that he discovered through paperwork stuffed under the driver's seat was Bill Ford's. It has the same serial # as the LeMans winner, and it's not the Heritage that Forum member Steve owned. :cheers

WHOA!!! I was told that 1074 was a red white stripe car and that 1075 was a white/blue car... and that 1076 was the only heritage built and that was against Bill Ford's orders. Is there a way to find an exact build on what each car was from FoMoCo? Now, I'm really, really interested in the rest of the story.

Man, I still kick myself for selling 1076........ maybe a trip to the Houston area to beg and plead might be in order. :confused

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Check this out:

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=MO09&CarID=r284&fc=0

anybody know the story on this car?

how many more FGT's does Ford Motor Company have in their wearhouses? :eek

SGB

www.goplanetcobra.com

Owning that one might be cool. one of the first built and probably the last sold by FoMoCo. ... its also a not a mule. Cool. :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
DBK, When I called rm they said this is a PRODUCTION CAR,not a PREPRODUCTION CAR....can you fing out whats going on. We spoke about this before, not that there are any qarantees but how is this vin being sold AFTER the first was auctioned of for 500,000 4 years ago?....again they are not saying its proto type, REALCAR.....thanks gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

How cool is that !!
:bananaGood for the gentleman who got it!!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I have no worries. Only 2 Nardo cars...silver and yellow. Silver is in a museum. My CP-1 yellow is the only Nardo to EVER be sold to the public. I will let you gentleman converse about the other prototypes which some are quite simply mules or just plain not that famous in any way shape or form. When buying for an investment you need a story. My silver "regular GT" is one of 3 equipped like it is according to Quickdraw however I don't think that in itself is a huge factor in it's value. Cars are much like people.......different in their own way, some one of ones, but few are famous. :cheers

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
2005 car 5-1074 is White w/Blue stripes; 5-1075 is Red w/White stripes; 5-1076 is Blue w/White stripes. 2006 cars, 6-1074 and 6-1075 are both White w/Blue stripes; 6-1076, as you know, has a Heritage paint scheme (yeah, you probably should have kept it). :frown

Ford GT # 5-0007:

5-0007_Medium_.JPG

This was 5-0007 at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in January, 2007 in the Ford display.

Jeff

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
2005 car 5-1074 is White w/Blue stripes; 5-1075 is Red w/White stripes; 5-1076 is Blue w/White stripes. 2006 cars, 6-1074 and 6-1075 are both White w/Blue stripes; 6-1076, as you know, has a Heritage paint scheme (yeah, you probably should have kept it). :frown

Ford GT # 5-0007:

5-0007_Medium_.JPG

This was 5-0007 at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in January, 2007 in the Ford display.

Jeff

OK NOW CAN SOME ONE PLEASE SHOOT ME!!! and not a pass through either. :ack:ack:ack:ack:ack

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
......When buying for an investment you need a story...........

I got a ton of stories. Here's the best one....

'There once was a Ford GT owner who had a lot of fun driving his car. He met a whole lot of cool folks on a GT Forum. They all enjoyed driving their GT's!' :driving:

End of story.

Sometimes, ya just gotta wonder...........:dead:

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
Kingman,

Your story sucks but the lesson in it should be spread among all generations.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I got a ton of stories. Here's the best one....

'There once was a Ford GT owner who had a lot of fun driving his car. He met a whole lot of cool folks on a GT Forum. They all enjoyed driving their GT's!' :driving:

End of story.

Sometimes, ya just gotta wonder...........:dead:

I think "ALL":bs should be changed to "a few":frown. A few enjoyed actually driving......:lol

Most preferred a "hermetically sealed bubble" with $300 details and had a huge fear of rain OMG!

Last edited:

SWMichigan

Jul 13, 2009
From the RM auction description:
The Ford GT presented here is a 2005 model, and it is the seventh example produced. Never titled, it has remained with the Ford Motor Company as a promotional vehicle since it was built and today, it is offered publicly for the first time with its Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin. Virtually new, it has accumulated only 7,765 miles to date and displays a striking Centennial White exterior finish with blue racing stripes. It should be noted that the car offered here predates chassis no. 10, the first Ford GT officially sold to the public, and will be sold directly from Ford Motor Company to its first owner. Complete service records are available upon request and the remaining bumper-to-bumper warranty continues through November 8, 2010 or 36,000 miles.

From Ford GT The Legend comes to life, page 130:
The car will be the first car offered to the public. It will have a VIN number of 10, which is to say the first nine will be held within the company, not sold.

Well, not sold until August 2009.
Perhaps VIN 1-6, 8, 9 will be sold at some point in the future.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...Virtually new, it has accumulated only 7,765 miles to date...

EP would say that 7765 miles is extremely used!

EP would take more than 50 years to put on that kind of mileage! :rofl

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
actually EP would take about 700 years to put that kind of mileage on a GT. Push it into the garage and out of the garage .... measured miles in inches.

EP I know where there is a blue/white 06 with less miles than your old car had on it when you sold it. :biggrin

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
OK NOW CAN SOME ONE PLEASE SHOOT ME!!! and not a pass through either. :ack:ack:ack:ack:ack

Double tap or full auto :willy:rofl :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

actually EP would take about 700 years to put that kind of mileage on a GT. Push it into the garage and out of the garage .... measured miles in inches.

Yer a-pushin' fer gettin' yer wish granted there, arn'tcha, Bubba...

(Uuuuuuh, where is this Blue/White & whadda they want for it?)

(BTW, that 37 miler I know about is still sittin' where it's been for the last 2 years as far as I'm told...and IT'S here in Wash.)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan

EP I know where there is a blue/white 06 with less miles than your old car had on it when you sold it. :biggrin

I agree with S592R the time it would take to accumulate that kind of mielage on a GT. my question is, where on earth would X2builders get a drivetrain they have for sale with 55,000 miles? had to come out of a mule car. I'd be interested in the VIN that came out of. my other question is where is the car that was on the roof of the Wixom plant? from what I've heard, that one seemed to have dissapeared. HMMM. doesn't seem to be in the Ford corral

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... my other question is where is the car that was on the roof of the Wixom plant? from what I've heard, that one seemed to have dissapeared. HMMM. doesn't seem to be in the Ford corral

PM GTjoey...I think HE knows...:wink