Ford GTs at the 2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
We are here. Staying at the Hilton next to the track. Cars waiting for the rain to stop to come out and play. Enterances are marked very nicely for car corral enterances.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Got these pics from a buddy who is down there. Saw Tomy's group heading that way on Facebook.

Have fun you guys and gals !

Attachments

• GT at Daytona 1.jpg
    GT at Daytona 1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 223
  • GT at Daytona 2.jpg
    GT at Daytona 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 203
  • GT at Daytona 3.jpg
    GT at Daytona 3.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 209

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So very cool - be there tonight!

Ed

ford GT2

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2016
Hey fellow die hard FGT fans....
I was just watching videos on the IMSA TV site, and noticed a very disturbing site, maybe I'm just a little anal when it comes to my cars, but I noticed the Ford technicians and mechanics wearing pants with belt buckles bent over these very expensive track cars. I'm sure you're much like myself, when I work on / detail my cars I generally wear sweats or clothing that will not hurt the car in any way.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was just watching videos on the IMSA TV site, and noticed a very disturbing site, maybe I'm just a little anal when it comes to my cars, but I noticed the Ford technicians and mechanics wearing pants with belt buckles bent over these very expensive track cars. I'm sure you're much like myself, when I work on / detail my cars I generally wear sweats or clothing that will not hurt the car in any way.

Worried about a belt buckle ding on a track car? First, they probably have learned how to make that not matter, but even so, that's the least of their worries. If you see one of the cars after the race you couldn't find it if it happened.

Take a look at one of the track cars at an auction some time. Most are not "restored" but they do detail them to make them shine, but the paint is in pretty rough shape. At BJ in Vegas in September Honda had one of their race cars in their display - it looked pretty beat up. I asked the guy and he said it had been raced and brought there.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Worried about a belt buckle ding on a track car? First, they probably have learned how to make that not matter, but even so, that's the least of their worries. If you see one of the cars after the race you couldn't find it if it happened.

Take a look at one of the track cars at an auction some time. Most are not "restored" but they do detail them to make them shine, but the paint is in pretty rough shape. At BJ in Vegas in September Honda had one of their race cars in their display - it looked pretty beat up. I asked the guy and he said it had been raced and brought there.

:agree:

And - likely those aren't paint jobs, but rather are wraps that are replaced before each race and will change if sponsors are different.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
A couple more pics.

He got the crew to smile in the second one !

Attachments

• GT at Daytona 5.jpg
    GT at Daytona 5.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 176
  • GT at Daytona 6.jpg
    GT at Daytona 6.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 182

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cold and wet!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454013799.447950.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454013814.002316.jpg

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yea I'm afraid El Niño is going to screw this weekend. The freight train of rain headed through Florida is unheard of for this time of the year. Hope you guys find a nice warm place to watch.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea I'm afraid El Niño is going to screw this weekend. The freight train of rain headed through Florida is unheard of for this time of the year. Hope you guys find a nice warm place to watch.

??No rain forecasted for Daytona this weekend

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's was an awesome day! :lol

I think qualifying was 5 minutes. Ferrari crashed. GT spun. Crazy amounts of rain.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - glad you made the trip from Michigan safely.
andy (ajb)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
We skipped today due to rain. We'll be there about 9am or so tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
How bad was the spin, I think Corvette had the best times? Tons of rain , should be out by morning.....

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
How bad was the spin, I think Corvette had the best times? Tons of rain , should be out by morning.....

Porsche dominated

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
That's was an awesome day! :lol

I think qualifying was 5 minutes. Ferrari crashed. GT spun. Crazy amounts of rain.

Glad it wasn't the other way around!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Having dinner with some old friends

Attachments

• 20160128_205409.jpg
    20160128_205409.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 199

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Camilo and his cabana boys.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Camilo and his cabana boys.
He said he misses you. .bring your mankini

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I thought Ron was in Chicago driving his new GT....

View attachment 40868

Last edited: