Ford GTs at the 2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
The only thing that made up for the food was the lovely 5* Oceanside Hotel. :lol

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The only thing that made up for the food was the lovely 5* Oceanside Hotel. :lol
To call the Oceanside a " 5* Hotel" is doing it a great disservice. It's more of a Palace by the Sea. :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Gentlemen,

I'm sure you will all have a great time at Daytona, I'll be watching as much as I can (My daughter's birthday is Saturday and as much as I love these cars, I can't miss her birthday), and rooting for a big finish for Ford. Hoping to hear some good stories from the group.
Problem solved: let's have her birthday at the track!

Ed

PS I'm seriously thinking of having my oldest son get married at this year's Rally so I don't miss the wedding!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FYI - I talked to the good Mr. Svensson this morning and from the 2017 design team Chris Svensson, Moray Callum, Craig Metros and Garen Nicoghosian will be in Daytona for Rolex.

Craig Metros, Random Dude, Chris Svensson, Moray Callum, Todd Willing (back in Australia)

Craig Metros - Exterior Design Director, The Americas, Ford Motor Company
Chris Svensson - Design Director, The Americas, Ford Motor Company
Moray Callum - Vice President, Design, Ford Motor Company (boss of all production and concept vehicles Ford produces)
Garen Nicoghosian - Design Manager, Ford GT Exterior (featured in vid below)

[video=youtube;VN1JrLqygvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN1JrLqygvA[/video]

Some people to buy beers and chat with. :cheers

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
Ed, now that's a good idea, if only I had thought of that earlier! She is a car fan...

The wedding sounds fun, good idea too, don't want to miss it because of the Rally!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
5? Sure, on a 1 to 10.:lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Raj told me they have a sequentially numbered batch of bad actuators that shift the trans. Looks like they've lost at least 3 maybe 4 within the first 4 hours effecting both cars. It's now midnight local time and it appears they've got the problem solved but unfortunately both cars are way down. At one point the #66 did have the GTLM class fastest lap time.
The dark blue car with the Wirewheel decal is a '08 Doran race car.

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
We can follow the race in France, in live, on the excellent imsa.com chain.

I am far from understanding everything, because of my poor knowledge of English, but it's very well done and the show is magnificent.

Obviously I am disappointed by the problems of the two Ford GT. I understand that the gearbox was involved. We will have the information later.

Two positive points:
- The fastest lap of the category.
- The fact that at 9:30 of the end, both cars are still racing.
It would be Ideal, if they could go to the end and accumulate enough experience to do better next time.

Best regards to all, from France.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Old and new Ford GTs at the Rolex 24

Lots of Ford GTs on hand.....
IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

GT Parade Laps....

https://youtu.be/ePtbftWFMZg

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
First round is on me.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
...and congrats to my Lil Brother for winning the ST class...and he was already warned by Pikul not to interfere with the GT tomorrow when he races the Viper.
That's awesome!!!!
Hope he kicks butt in the Viper!
Missed you last night Mike!
Thanks for your kindness this weekend!!!!