Ford GT Rally XIV

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I think using a knowledgeable firm to get cars back-and-forth across the border would be the wisest. We need to get a Reliable truck down here to Florida!
Private vehicles in a trailer are to a problem. They may want to look inside but that's about all there is. Been doing it for 15 years never an issue.
Passport and shot cards is all you need,,unless the rules change again.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Private vehicles in a trailer are to a problem. They may want to look inside but that's about all there is. Been doing it for 15 years never an issue.
Passport and shot cards is all you need,,unless the rules change again.
you need to download this app.

I have made several visits with no issues.

Reactions: Cobrar

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Planning to attend, should be fun.

You can count Kara and I in !!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What???
What kind of road trip / rally is only 55 miles away?! Thank God we just moved as we were 20 miles from Multimatic. Think I need a shrink ( Copenhagen shut up ! ) 🤕😂
Did you tell Irene I’m staying with you guys?

Reactions: Iconic GT

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Rebecka, Italianjoe and I are coming. 😀

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Can I come with you guys? Blake and Indy are getting kind of old

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Did you tell Irene I’m staying with you guys?
Ron….if you stay at Terry and Irene’s new digs , they will BOTH require a shrink…. ;-)

Reactions: shesgotlegs

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Sorry to say we will not be able to attend this year… we will miss you all for sure. Thanks Dave for your continued efforts to get the GT nation together each year.

Reactions: Special K

Sound Waves

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 7, 2011
Chicago
I just wanted to give everyone a brief and (very late) update.

The very first GT Rally was in Metro Detroit a few weeks before production ended, giving everyone the opportunity to walk the plant, see production, and meet the team before it all went away for good. And went away for good it definitely did - I know, I drive by all the time and Wixom Assembly was razed and turned into a Menards!

In just 6 months, production of the new Ford GT at Multimatic Niche Vehicles will conclude. It was always going to be Markham or bust in 2022. I apologize for the extremely short notice, but obviously the world is a crazy place right now, so figuring out if doing this is even a possibility has been agonizing. We are going to do it August 24-25-26. I will give you a full accounting of the plan next week, but I wanted to give as much time as possible to get it on the calendar. We will have a special track day event at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) on August 25th with all the cool Ford GT hardware I can muster. The team at Multimatic Niche Vehicles will then graciously open the doors of their facility for Ford GT Rally XIV on August 26th, 2022. I will get as many people from the program as I can up to Markham so we can buy them all a drink. I look at this event as an opportunity to say thank you and goodbye to a place and group of people that made a lot of memories and good times possible for us.

I hope you and your GT can make it.

mnv_ford_gt_069.jpg

CheckeredFlag_Canadian-Tire-Motorsport-Park-1024x684.jpg
Thank you Dave. I will be bringing (2) cars and (4) people. I’m going to be running my boat up from Fort Lauderdale along east coast through the Hudson and and into Lake Ontario to Toronto. I hope to get my boat to a Toronto marina in time for the rally. If I’m successful, we would like to have group of about 40 guest out for a happy hour cruise ! Dr Frank stated that I have to have plenty of shrimp 😂🛥
Russ & Jacquelyn (Sound Waves)View attachment 66412

Last edited by a moderator:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you Dave. I will be bringing (2) cars and (4) people. I’m going to be running my boat up from Fort Lauderdale along east coast through the Hudson and and into Lake Ontario to Toronto. I hope to get my boat to a Toronto marina in time for the rally. If I’m successful, we would like to have group of about 40 guest out for a happy hour cruise ! Dr Frank stated that I have to have plenty of shrimp 😂🛥

I can see a Gilligan’s Island episode coming…

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Will try to get the time off, but unlikely in this short notice. It would be nice to be out of the heat for a bit.

Sound Waves

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 7, 2011
Chicago
This was my first post. I screwed up attaching pictures. I only meant to send the line drawing of my boat so everyone could understand how 40 people will fit on board 🤷🏻‍♂️

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hi guys -

Just an FYI. International travel has obviously been a difficult patchwork of rules and regulations the last few years. Obviously, it's the responsibility of each individual to understand the rules of entry of any individual country they plan on traveling to. The Ford GT production facility is located in Markham, Ontario, Canada and that's not going to change. So, that said, if you can meet the rules of entry for the nation MNV is located in, great! Hope to see you there. If you have read the rules and regulations to cross the international border and have decided you cannot meet them, we'll have to see you next time!

The End.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just got off phone with State Farm. On my next renewal in July, they will issue a special Canadian insurance document stating I am covered in Canada. As always, no track coverage.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have not missed a rally yet, dont plan to miss this one either.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Hoping not to miss. Had something long planned with my wife that week - will see if I can finagle my way around it somehow... without incurring too much of my dear wife's wrath.

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Hi guys -

Just an FYI. International travel has obviously been a difficult patchwork of rules and regulations the last few years. Obviously, it's the responsibility of each individual to understand the rules of entry of any individual country they plan on traveling to. The Ford GT production facility is located in Markham, Ontario, Canada and that's not going to change. So, that said, if you can meet the rules of entry for the nation MNV is located in, great! Hope to see you there. If you have read the rules and regulations to cross the international border and have decided you cannot meet them, we'll have to see you next time!

The End.
Makes perfect sense. Regarding getting the cars to MNV, any additional hurdles to clear? Normally, I just call Reliable, but if there's anything else that needs to be done pls let us know. Thanks!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Wow, exciting news for sure. Vickie and I and 2 more plan on attending as well and will be bringing 2 cars also. Looking forward to it and seeing everyone once again....

Reactions: JWZ

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I frequently go over the border. Use ArriveCAN app, fill it out, will need 2 vaccinations ( have not asked for boosters yet). No problems yet.

Reactions: Nafod and Ed Sims