Ford GT Rally XIII - Registration

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
No. 40 - All booked and looking forward to see our friends across the pond ❤ Alex & Mimo

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have added 20 registration spots. You will see more registrations than 100 probably, but there are people who are not bringing their cars. You are welcome to attend without your GT but my advice is that the event is significantly less fun without a GT, and you will think to yourself "I should have brought my GT." Additionally, rental cars or non-Ford GT cars will not be part of the concours.

Gentlemen,

+1 on the above. Before the very first Rally in Detroit I BEGGED my fellow Arizona GT owners to share a transport with me and nobody would do it. I didn't have a trailer and didn't have time to make the 5 or 6 day round trip so I went without my GT. Literally the moment we got to the hotel and I saw all the GT's I knew this was a huge mistake. My fellow Arizona owners who refused to spend the money to ship their car back there all knew it too. This was a major fuck up. On every drive and at every event I wanted to be in my GT so bad it was literally killing me.

I've now been to every single rally and I wouldn't even think about going to one without taking my car. I even shipped it to Europe for our 2016 European Road Rally to Le Mans. I trailered it to Road Atlanta both years for our gatherings at the last two GT IMSA races. Never again will I be at a GT event without my GT. Trust me on this, I don't care what it costs, get your damn car out here or you'll be sorry. And for those of you that "don't want to put any miles on your car", that doesn't apply to our rallies. Screw that. If there's one time and one place you need to put a few miles on your GT, it's at the annual rally. In 40 years we'll all be dead and having 1000 less miles on your car at the end of 2021 won't matter at all.

For the rest of my days in idle moments I'll often flash back to those insane road rallys on remote mountain roads at speeds requiring total focus from me and the GT drivers around me. The sound, the G forces, the visual, the whole scene. Lifetime highlights for me and I know for many of you as well. NOBODY at the end will think, "I sold my GT to somebody else with only 1100 miles on it and I got an extra 75K because I never really experienced or enjoyed my car." I literally feel sorry for those owners.

Bottom line............ If you own a GT and you're coming to this rally, get your car out here or you'll regret it. And you can take that to the bank.

Chip

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Here, here.

Reactions: Ed Sims and JWZ

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Whoa. Just saw this now. Registered and booked rooms within 5 minutes of seeing the thread. Looking forward to it!

Who's driving their GT from California?

Reactions: Ed Sims and JWZ

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
40 years?

I'm going to need an e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d warranty.

All the more reason to Rally now, and for sure BRING The GT!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Same with me after buying car right before Rally 7. Did not really know what to expect and didn't take my car. Hilo Dave introduced himself and aksed if I brought my car. When I said no he called me a pussy! Never made that mistake again and miss seeing Dave.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
he called me a pussy!
I'm not sure that had to do with you not bringing your car :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Iconic GT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Are you bringing yours???lol

Reactions: BtwoG

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Whoa. Just saw this now. Registered and booked rooms within 5 minutes of seeing the thread. Looking forward to it!

I’ll be driving from OC / near Seal Beach

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
Just registered and can't wait! Driving from Kansas with my Dad.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Piana from NorCal is driving.

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Same with me after buying car right before Rally 7. Did not really know what to expect and didn't take my car. Hilo Dave introduced himself and aksed if I brought my car. When I said no he called me a pussy! Never made that mistake again and miss seeing Dave.

Gary,

Ditto here, I didn’t bring my car to that rally either!
It was clearly a mistake!

Last edited by a moderator:

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I’m racing my Corvette DP at Daytona Oct 31. Have fun guys.

Attachments

• 0BA57381-88EA-4B5F-9DBB-C683CF5935D1.jpeg
    0BA57381-88EA-4B5F-9DBB-C683CF5935D1.jpeg
    835.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2FADF499-7807-4D9E-AA98-594C1EDB7E31.jpeg
    2FADF499-7807-4D9E-AA98-594C1EDB7E31.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1

gregmhtd

GT Owner
May 10, 2016
Prosper, TX
registered and looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Reactions: JWZ and mach1pannu

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Registered and will be there in my 05 FGT.

Reactions: JWZ

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
One ticket left.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Going, going, going ................

Reactions: JWZ

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GONE! 2021 Heritage owner Jim Graham was the final owner to register.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hope your guest bedroom isn't spoken for yet!

Ed

Ed,

None of my bedrooms are spoken for. I'm staying at the hotel!

Chip

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
wow, just saw this. Looks like I am a day late signing up !