Ford GT Outlook

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Neil, thanks so much for taking the time to post your memories of the program. Means a lot to owners like me. Truly hope you have the time to do so again. What seem trivial details to you are riveting tales of heroes and villains to us.

THANK YOU.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great comments Neil, Thank You for all you did in developing our fantastic fun vehicle. Please post often, as they are very enjoyable and enlightening .

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Neil and Rex

This thread is but one example of why I love this Forum!!

No Jack, the participation of FGT team members across the program spectrum makes this Forum unique!

Thanks Neil for sharing your insights (again) to our FGT community and refocusing some of my remembrances which have blurred a bit since the earlier rally. Your stories as well as the comments made by Rex are so interesting in capturing how lucky we owners are to have a piece of Ford history!

Thanks for the stories and thanks for your optimistic projection the FGT program would be a winner beyond calculation not only for Ford Motor Company but also for those of us lucky enough to have one (or multiples) in the garage today.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
As a forum newbie...I also want to acknowledge the quality of the content on this board. I don't read or post on any other forums but always look forward to seeing what's new here and to meeting more of you in the future. Thanks Neil for your very informative post and educating guys like me who are less familiar with the inside story on these incredible cars. In addition to "conditions being right" to give the green light on the car, many different factors undoubtedly had to come together perfectly to result in such a terrific final product.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Awesome posts guys - thanks!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm with 33Bravo. Whole wealth of information in this post. Thanks to all the contributors.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Was a highlight of that rally to be at the bar at the hotel, and talk to you neil, about the GT, and the wonderful story you told me about why there are 107 93r's.

Thank you for your participation here.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks Neil… "It was Really Fun" is not the typical remembrance of a car program.

The enthusiasm, direction and personal expertise of these "Lucky Few" who were part of the GT program created something special.

And I am still in awe of that accomplishment. Each and every time I drive my GT.

Thanks again for a job well done!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks Neil… "It was Really Fun" is not the typical remembrance of a car program.

The enthusiasm, direction and personal expertise of these "Lucky Few" who were part of the GT program created something special.

And I am still in awe of that accomplishment. Each and every time I drive my GT.

Thanks again for a job well done!

:agree:

Totally! :thumbsup :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When I met Neil at Rally I in Detroit, I thought he introduced himself as Neil the "Wrestler" and he was one of DBK's parlor tricks for the Rally.

Just kidding sir. It was a pleasure to have spent so much time with you then and see you participation now. Dr. Frank

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
nice. thanks for the post.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Interesting post Neil Thanks so much for taking the time to post on the forum

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So ask Indy if Billl Ford signed his car like he signed mine.

Don't worry IndyGT - I'll give you a Bill Ford sticker that won't wear away like Dr Frank's.

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Cool (literality)!
See you soon....

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Some times I'm so darn grateful that I get to hang out here. Great thread.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks. Book material.