Ford GT Info

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I wonder is he saying it feel fast but isn't?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I wonder is he saying it feel fast but isn't?

A car with 6XX bhp, 30XX curb weight and a dual clutch transmission won't be anything but fast, but people hung up on straight line performance are entirely missing the point of the car. Everything in the segment is ridiculously fast and beyond the capabilities of 99.9% of buyers. Personally, it doesn't matter at all to me how it stacks up against its peers in the 1/4 mile.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
A car with 6XX bhp, 30XX curb weight and a dual clutch transmission won't be anything but fast, but people hung up on straight line performance are entirely missing the point of the car. Everything in the segment is ridiculously fast and beyond the capabilities of 99.9% of buyers. Personally, it doesn't matter at all to me how it stacks up against its peers in the 1/4 mile.

Exactly right!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hope its 29XX

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Just curious if there is any place I can read up on the car or its performance? Buying it blind is fun but I would like to know a little bit about the girl before I marry her ;)

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Why worry? If you don't like it, sell it back to Ford. They will have a two year right of first refusal.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Just curious if there is any place I can read up on the car or its performance? Buying it blind is fun but I would like to know a little bit about the girl before I marry her ;)

no one knows much yet! Im anxiously waiting to find out, I would assume very similar to the new Mclearn! no not P1 the other one. :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Raceman, at your age and Alzheimer's status, you'll forget all about it. Don't worry.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Yes power to weight ratio I am sure will be great, and I am sure there are other cars out there with similiar numbers. But the difference should be in the handling due mostly to the aerodynamics! At least it seems that is happening on the race track so far with the GT getting weight penalties and power restrictions!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I did hear the Red cars have 50 less hp

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, BOP is a terrible thing.

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Power and weight

Is this "official" news about power and weight?

650hp
around 2800 pounds

https://drivingheaven.co.uk/2016/08/28/new-cars-of-2017/

or

http://buzznewspro.com/new-monster-returns/

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
You can bet when these numbers are officially announced you will get it here first.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Both are copies of an early Car and Driver article. The weight in the article is conjecture, but I love this widely circulated quote about the engine:

Paul Seredynski says: “The GT motor wasn’t created working together with the Daytona Prototype motor. It is the Daytona Prototype motor."

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Links are total clickbait. No official info yet. When any embargoed information is officially lifted, Im SURE, I bet it will be here within minutes. I would speculate, it is still going to be a while still.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Andy, I agree.

I have not recently reviewed all 10 pages of this thread, but did you speculate on final vehicle weight?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think Spec deferred to CobraR, which as we know, is like dealing with statistics.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Statistics are like a bikini: what they reveal is provocative but what they hide is vital.

Ed

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Ed,

As usual , great quote!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Spoken by one of my college professors in a lecture. One of the few things I remember today from the 70's! LOL

Ed