Ford GT Dealer Service Documents

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I'm sure that Ford has given some thought to hauling the car. I take the trailer recommendation as a helpful guide to potential service centers. Looking at the specs I see a 5000# electric winch is included so I'd think the car would be winched into the trailer. As for optimum winch offset I use strategically placed aircraft track and pulleys to accommodate anything I need to load.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The dealership I go to (formally owned by my friend & forum member here) just told me they won't sign up to be a new GT dealer. They are only a mid-size dealer so most likely only larger dealers will sign up.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interesting picture of the car's underside showing the jacking points. I'm presuming that the two flaps at the front are the 'active aero' that's mentioned by Larry Holt in the latest Race Tech magazine?

I can't recall the article but it's definitely some of the magic.

If I remember correctly the front of the new GT can be raised up for better clearance while entering a trailer or a steep driveway... correct?

Yes.

But insofar that they go into the details of where and how to lift the car, they missed the opportunity to describe how best to LOAD the car.

I'm sure that's all coming in great detail at a later date. Still many months to go before the first delivery takes place!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
All, please keep in mind that Ford will not just require dealerships to purchase said servicing equipment and not provide hands on training for the technicians (GT master-certified technician) and one additional individual within the dealership who is authorized to have access to the dealership service department after hours (specifically for Ford GT vehicle security). The individuals who will be working on the Ford GT's will be highly trained on all aspects particularly the recovery (loading), delivery (unloading), re-delivery (loading and unloading back to the customer). Ford will not leave it up to the dealership's service department personnel to do as they desire. They will have very specific instructions that they have to record and document as well as communicate with the concierge. Trust me, this vehicle will be handled as if it is part of national security.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With so few vehicles it will be interesting to see the geographic distribution of the dealerships.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing Galpin Ford in So Cal will be a dealer for sure...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Also, I do believe Steve's is actually a "JimBob" trailer, not a Jimglo.

Um, yeah David. Say, I'll have plenty of extra room when headed towards Austin @80+ mph towing straight and narrow with that torsion suspension under my beaver tailed, side door optioned etc. Mission Trailer. Would any of you Blowex guys like me to haul a load of spares for ya? LOL.

Last edited:

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I'm sure most of you folks are aware of using a receiver and winch plate. Works great and gets the winch out of the way when not in use. I notched a work box and mounted it on top of the receiver. I have seen them inside cabinets as well.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
All, please keep in mind that Ford will not just require dealerships to purchase said servicing equipment and not provide hands on training for the technicians (GT master-certified technician) and one additional individual within the dealership who is authorized to have access to the dealership service department after hours (specifically for Ford GT vehicle security). The individuals who will be working on the Ford GT's will be highly trained on all aspects particularly the recovery (loading), delivery (unloading), re-delivery (loading and unloading back to the customer). Ford will not leave it up to the dealership's service department personnel to do as they desire. They will have very specific instructions that they have to record and document as well as communicate with the concierge. Trust me, this vehicle will be handled as if it is part of national security.
I hope it works half as well as Hillary"s e-mail but that may be too much to hope for.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Indy , it took me 11 years to get your humor....I turned 50 and understand it all......
Love ya.
GTJOEY1314:biggrin

Thanks Buddy. I do not try to go out of my way to be humorous, but am glad that now that you are 50, you understand it all and find humor in my post.:biggrin.

And thanks again for honestly correcting your signature.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I've received a few pm questions about the trailer I had built recently and here it is in a nutshell. The trailer was manufactured by Mission Trailers and was custom built to my specs. I basically took everything I liked about the Trailex and made a few (IMO) improvements ie; torsion suspension, 83" between the wheel wells, removable wheel well, 3 sided tapered nose, beaver tail rear entry, 15" wheels, and a 11' folding door/ramp. The trailer was about $17K, around 2000lbs empty (w/spare) and pulls like a dream. I posted some pics a few months back in "Le Mans".

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Perhaps to stay on topic, comments and questions about Steve's awesome trailer, should go here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32392-New-Trailer

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
My understanding was the dealers had to apply to be a selling dealer and then also apply and be willing fund the expense of being a servicing dealer.
My dealer is mid-size and service around 11-12 GT's from NY, CT and Mass area. I don't think they opted for the service option.