Ford GT Application Process Begins!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

*Important FYI*

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to the Ford GT online customer application, additional site maintenance is being performed which is preventing applicants from reviewing their data when they log in again. Please know that all data has been saved securely and applicants will be able to review their data again once the maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your patience and your interest in the all-new Ford GT.

:cheers

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I just emailed technical support asking where my info went!!! Thanks!!!!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Maintenance on my data sounds good :wink

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
How many applicants so far?

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
I started my application last night. Going to enlist the help of my son for the media part. He'll love to inherit 2 -GTs.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
One question: If I go back to make edits to the initially submitted application, will I need to hit the Submit button again, or only need to hit the Save & Continue button?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Filled it out, photos and film clips will take some time to complete (or figure out). Unfortunately kids away!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How many applicants so far?

I'm thinking not quite 1000 but close. But I'm actually guessing. It could be 10,000. Well, maybe not that high. I definitely believe it is over 100. Anyone else want to guess?

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's a lot. How many people do you think it took to overload that website?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Depends on how scaleable the site is? This number is in the hundreds of thousands I would guess.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It's a lot. How many people do you think it took to overload that website?

More than one?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
More than one?

It was you. Wasn't it? As soon as you put all those 00000's on how miles driven! Poor server couldn't take it!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It was you. Wasn't it? As soon as you put all those 00000's on how miles driven! Poor server couldn't take it!

It did pause a bit --felt like it didn't believe me.:biggrin

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Since last night and this morning I keep getting "error occured" messages.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to the Ford GT online customer application, applicants were unable to view their previously submitted application information for a short period of time due to a minor website error. Additional site maintenance has been completed as of this morning, and you can now log back into your application and view your previously submitted application information. We want to thank you for your patience during the time it took for us to repair the website.

Please feel free to contact the Ford GT Team at applicant@fordgtapplication.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Ford GT Team

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think the issue that caused the problems was when Jay Leno tried to submit his application... he was inputting all of his cars and when he got to the 500th one it shut everything down

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That's funny, I live here in Detroit and I heard it was Justin Verlander that broke the process while uploading photos. No, it wasn't pics of cars.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Funny comments about the stars, or those in a position to "influence public opinion"...

But that said, it reminds me chances for we mere mortals are barely a hair above zero...

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Joe... I agree. I have a difficult enough time just trying to "influence my own family".....let alone influencing anyone in the 'public domain".

andy (ajb)

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Didn't see any place on the application for indicating being " likeable ".