Folks getting twisted up on the Ferrari forums

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We are all car guys .Whether its F cars P cars what ever your flavor.Enjoy what you like.I love the F40,the Enzo and the 512 Boxer.And I would have them if I could a ford to do so!
But the Ford Gt is the only car I want more than 1 of.One of the nice things of having a Gt is it will never be dated like other cars.
Just my 02

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
We are all car guys .Whether its F cars P cars what ever your flavor.Enjoy what you like.I love the F40,the Enzo and the 512 Boxer.And I would have them if I could a ford to do so!
But the Ford Gt is the only car I want more than 1 of.One of the nice things of having a Gt is it will never be dated like other cars.
Just my 02

I 100% agree!!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
As much as I like the Ford GT if you were offer me an F40 in trade I'm afraid the GT would be gone in a heart beat. I don't know about an Enzo...

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Let's assume that FCHAT is a poor representative of the majority of Ferrari owners. As a somewhat ambivalent Ferrari driver, I will say that it does not even remotely define the experience for me. The FORDGTFORUM, on the the other hand, is one of my favorite parts of owning my GT.

There is a story about Lincoln regarding his anger with one of his generals over a failure to take action. Lincoln wrote a scathing letter to this general and then placed it in his desk drawer. He came back to it a few days later, and after reading it, tossed it into trash, thankful that he did not send it in anger. The process of writing the letter was apparently cathartic to him.

I can't tell you how many times I have read some of the drivel on FCHAT and then typed up a biting response. Once its all composed and ready, I read it again, then delete it and don't post anything. It feels good, without dignifying the goofiness with a response.

I love the license plate(s) in question, and no true car guy who understands Le Mans in 1966 and 67 can see it without at least a smile and a wink. Brilliant.

As to the other photos of Ferraris and their modest, understated owners in this delightful thread, all I can say is thanks for the belly laugh. I think the best money I ever spent was becoming a lifetime member of this awesome site. When considered in relation to the camaraderie and entertainment it provides, its a true value.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
As much as I like the Ford GT if you were offer me an F40 in trade I'm afraid the GT would be gone in a heart beat. I don't know about an Enzo...

One car is a million; one car is 200k; no one is offering that trade; ever. Ferraris are way more valuable.

The ford gt for the money is the best car ever. Period. No dispute. Its the only car I know that is fairly new that has appreciated in value from new (up for dispute, please do as I know no other).

That said, a Ferrari is a car that brings out the kind of passion that we all have here on the forum for the GT. Look at these nutty pictures of these guys with their Ferraris. Its crazy. You cant compare the two cars or brands other than they promote passion. One isnt better then the other. If you think that you are fooling yourself.

Also, the GT is a car..................... Ferrari is a brand...... Big difference. How about Ford vs Ferrari... I take Ferrari.......... GT vs most Ferraris... I take GT. I would take some Ferraris over the GT sorry to say. Ferraris lead the way in technology. The 458 is the best car out there in my opinion. Kills everything else.

I hope you dont read this as I have been hanging with Ferrari friends too much....................

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Who cares what an individual's preferences are. Doesn't matter, both great cars. Find some laughter in all of this.

Invite your red clothed Ferrari pals who wera the red shoes and boxers over to this thread, hopefully they can find some humor in it.

;-)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
That's why Baskin Robbins offers different flavors! To who His Own. I guess I sold Fords Too long, Ferrari's just don't excite me and never have.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
foenzorevised_zps565969f1.jpg

That plate looks photoshopped. What is "FO?" I believe fangul is spelled fangul.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
One car is a million; one car is 200k; no one is offering that trade; ever. Ferraris are way more valuable.

Some Ferrari's are more valuable than the original purchase price but the majority only depreciate. Ferrari makes 20,000+ units of each V8 model. No collector status there. Used 458s are already dropping.

Ed

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I guess I sold Fords Too long, Ferrari's just don't excite me and never have.

Atta boy! I always thought the shields Ferrari owners spoke about were panty shields.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Atta boy! I always thought the shields Ferrari owners spoke about were panty shields.

So because I like and have both am I now an offical outcast :))))

Come on seriously, the Ford GT is a wok of art and so are most Ferraris.

I will admit, there are a lot of douche bag Ferrari owners but not all.

And I am telling you the stock Ferraris sound great and they are great cars to drive.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I always thought many (if not most) Ferraris were cool, until they became common. I guess my stimulus threshold has been raised. Now, it takes a Koenigsegg or a Pagani. In terms of state-of-the-art automotive technology...12C is it. Aventadors still turn my head, but again, approaching common. Lots of wealth generated in a couple of generations (along with the over-extended).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Come on seriously, the Ford GT is a wok of art and so are most Ferraris.

Gonna disagree with you on that one. Ferrari hasn't made very many works of art lately. 458 is by far the best looking car they've had in a while. 355, 430, 456, 612, 599, California, FF are not what I'd call works of art. You can make variants of them look good, but they date quickly and I doubt anyone will consider them ultra desirable on an aesthetic basis in the long run. I still think most of them are cool cars, just not in the same league design wise as something like a GT.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
So because I like and have both am I now an offical outcast :))))

Of course not! However, I do recommend the following for the minor irritation you are experiencing:
http://vagisil.com/
:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For the record David, we're DEFINITELY just kidding!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The 458 is the first beautiful Ferrari in decades. I'm not a Ferrari guy (to state the obvious), but I really like the 458. If only they put a manual transmission in it, me and 2 other people would buy it.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Most of the Ferrari Owners I have met in the Uk have far less of a chip on their shoulder than some of the opinions on this thread

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
For the record David, we're DEFINITELY just kidding!

Yes, most definitely. Just having some fun. Don't take anything I say seriously.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Most of the Ferrari Owners I have met in the Uk have far less of a chip on their shoulder than some of the opinions on this thread

Your point is well taken, and I agree that most, if not all, of Ferrari owners I meet in person are great guys. I think the gripe central to this thread is the unpleasant tone one encounters on FCHAT. I'm sure that a lot of this is related to the anonymity of the internet and the fact that some folks say things with a keyboard that they would never say to a person face to face. Moreover, sometimes we give credibility to a post online that we would never give if we knew its author personally. Shoot, I've met quite of few of the people who post here, and believe me, it all makes so much more sense now...:)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My feelings have always been."I would never want to join a club that would have me as a member"....Groucho Marx
The Ford GT forum is the exception!