FLASH BACK to RALLY I

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, I arrived at the RITZ outside of Detroit and checked in... Steph and timmy were on a plane arriving later that day... So, I wondered down to the "meet and greet" cocktail hour... I was a little (not sure of the word) guessing.. as to what type of crowd this particular event would draw..???

You see I had never been in a or at a "CAR GROUP" , "CAR GATHERING" event ever ever ever.... I had my reservations...:frown

I eventually left the cocktail hour to go pick up my family... After I picked them up and we started driving back to the hotel, I said to my wife, "We might be leaving this rally thing a little earlier then intended".. She said, "Really?" I basically said, "Well, you'll see and then you can make your own decision"

That was probably the most WRONGFUL statement I have ever made besides the statement... "Of course I love you baby!!" (we all have used that one.. right!!!??)

Turns out... it takes a couple of hours to get to know everyone... sometimes a hello, sometimes a stiff drink... or even a "hey, you have a GT? Me too.. I be darned" (type statement)

I met the nicest of people from all sorts and literally had a grin on my face.. ear to ear the whole weekend..

Timmy was 6 months old then and now is 2 1/2... wow... you guys have seen more of him then some family of mine has...

Rally II was just a reunion with more stories to tell and more great people to meet...

I wanted to post this for 1 main reason... If you're new & unsure of what to expect and who to expect..... expect just the best...truly.... A great group of families from all over with interesting stories, backgrounds and of course pretty cool cars...

This GT thing has made me an internet whore.... its made me some good friends and some great memories with my wife and son....

Looking forward to wednesday "cocktail hour" I probably won't be there as I'm doubling my guy on Days of Our lives" but my wife (stephanie) and son (timmy) will be there in full stride... I expect all you guys to welcome them and keep 'em company until I arrive (yeah, start talking $$hit guys) you know what I mean... I will arrive later in the "you know"

Thanks for the excitement,dirty jokes,good stories,sad stories,drinks,speeding tickets and camaraderie that I truly never expected off of the internet...:cheers whudda thunk it??:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
What a GREAT story/shared experience; thank you

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well put, thanks for reminding us what a special group we have in the GT Owner's Circle.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great story Stunts. As a new owner it is very helpful to read a post like this to get past certain reservations. As an example my wife and I went to a murder mystery weekend at an old west ghost town in No Cal a few years ago. We got there and had the same initial reaction as you did in Detroit. We were easily the youngest people there by 20 years (or more :eek) .... and it was terrific. Definitely some generation gap :biggrin...but in a very fun way. And my wife, 22 at the time figured out the mystery and won a prize. :thumbsup

I just worry I missed my two best chances to hit one of these things. California last year before I was an owner and Vegas this year. :frown I just know this thing will be heading east next year. :lol

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the read... now know this... after this post I have 9 more posts to go until #1500.... I plan on hitting that number before the rally and with out whoring for it..:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Excellent story and completely agree.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the read... now know this... after this post I have 9 more posts to go until #1500.... I plan on hitting that number before the rally and with out whoring for it..:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Okay. Lemme help ya out!

HOW YEW DOIN', STUNTS?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
being a relative newbie and a rally virgin I dont know what to expect, but if this forum, and the way its member help, share, enjoy, and respect each other is any sign of whats to come, then Im pretty lucky to be attending this event. thanks for the story stunts.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

Stunts....you have inspired me. I too wish to get to 1500 posts before the Rally. I am only 1115 short. I have decided to go on a mission to revive the most dead threads that I can in one day to acheive this lofty goal. Taking a shot of adrenaline to the heart now and warming up the CPR paddles. It is going to be a long night. :cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Timmy,

Great read my man:thumbsup

Now lets get serious.....save yourself a bunch of time and see if EP will sell you a some of his.....

Or pry him out of his chair and take him to the set one day to watch you perform some cool stunts.....what ever it takes but don't let him hold back on the GREEN DOTS get them thrown in to the deal.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Okay. Lemme help ya out!

HOW YEW DOIN', STUNTS?

I'm most excellent sir... and how are you? (8 more) :bored

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Stunts....you have inspired me. I too wish to get to 1500 posts before the Rally. I am only 1115 short. I have decided to go on a mission to revive the most dead threads that I can in one day to acheive this lofty goal. Taking a shot of adrenaline to the heart now and warming up the CPR paddles. It is going to be a long night. :cheers

1114 shy of your mark sir skyrex.... get to whoring please!!! :banana

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Timmy,

Great read my man:thumbsup

Now lets get serious.....save yourself a bunch of time and see if EP will sell you a some of his.....

Or pry him out of his chair and take him to the set one day to watch you perform some cool stunts.....what ever it takes but don't let him hold back on the GREEN DOTS get them thrown in to the deal.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

agreed!!! I will pry those green dots from his soul if I have too..:lol ok, I won't.. I do however only have 6 more to go and am feeling a bit cheapish... yet I will not do what I have been known to do in the past.... promise... I need to find some one here who would like my advice.... anyone.... bueller.....bueller????????? :bs

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, Tim - I tried...but, I couldn't get back ON The' Forum to help pad your post count either lastnite OR this morning ("Cannot show page" or "internal data data base error" kept popping up).

In fact, I've only accessed NOW thru a back door, I think. (I've replied to the EMAIL notification of your post...'STILL can't get "today's posts" to work on the 'Forum site.)

Anyway, to continue: EVERYTHING'S JUST FINE AS FROG'S HAIR HERE, SIR!!! What are your plans for the day, pray tell?

(And, by the way - just hush yurseff up, tp! :lol)

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Don't break the forum :)
Bony from Payson, Az
Headed to Vegas

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, Tim - I tried...but, I couldn't get back ON The' Forum to help pad your post count either lastnite OR this morning ("Cannot show page" or "internal data data base error" kept popping up).

In fact, I've only accessed NOW thru a back door, I think. (I've replied to the EMAIL notification of your post...'STILL can't get "today's posts" to work on the 'Forum site.)

Anyway, to continue: EVERYTHING'S JUST FINE AS FROG'S HAIR HERE, SIR!!! What are your plans for the day, pray tell?

(And, by the way - just hush yurseff up, tp! :lol)

Well, sister and husband are in the air as I type... They land in LV around 11 am.. timmy is at his first full day of school until 12 pm where the beautiful wife is going to pick him up and head to LV. I am heading in to "DAYS of OUR LIVES" to get the crap beat outta me (doubling my guy) my call is 12 noon.... then, I hope I'm healthy enough to get in the GT and head to LV around 7 pm tonight arriving at roughly 1030-11-ish...

and that's about it..

Had dinner with Rick and Jim (X1 owners)last night with timmy and they left this morning about 830..... I'm itching and still have 3-4 more posts to go to hit 1500... I did get a 2nd green dot however.... thank you green dot god!! who ever you are................ (fade to black)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, sister and husband are in the air as I type... They land in LV around 11 am.. timmy is at his first full day of school until 12 pm where the beautiful wife is going to pick him up and head to LV. I am heading in to "DAYS of OUR LIVES" to get the crap beat outta me (doubling my guy) my call is 12 noon.... then, I hope I'm healthy enough to get in the GT and head to LV around 7 pm tonight arriving at roughly 1030-11-ish...

and that's about it..

Had dinner with Rick and Jim (X1 owners)last night with timmy and they left this morning about 830..... I'm itching and still have 3-4 more posts to go to hit 1500... I did get a 2nd green dot however.... thank you green dot god!! who ever you are................ (fade to black)

Well, now. Please DO TELL ME MORE about this stunt you're pulling off at noon! I need details! (1497 posts an closing!)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Don't break the forum :)
Bony from Payson, Az
Headed to Vegas

Hey! Put down the Blackberry and DRIVE! :willy:willy:willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Your moderator is always on duty :)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

and that's about it..

Hey now thats just not fair, Man you white GT guys are hard to crack.

Hey Bony you know I do have a white GT no stripe car.......:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin