First 2017 GT Track Days

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Protective wrap applied.

Break in miles completed.

New trailer with Rail Ryder loading system delivered.

Time to hit the track for the first time in the new Ford GT.

Finally a place to open this car up to experience more than just a fraction of it's capabilities!

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 520

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow - way cool TTS! What are your impressions?

Ed

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA

Ed

x2 - What Ed said... :)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

Ed
Yes, please do tell what the GT was like on track!
And I would like to know about that trailer and rail ryder system. What brand is the trailer, and is the rail system an option with the trailer, or something you installed?
Thanks in advance. :thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
As George will say, "It's all good!"
Careful with the alfalfa....:facepalm:

What time did you carve into the table?
Hope to see it in action in September.:biggrin

Last edited:

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Apollo - Trailer is an inexpensive all aluminum 20ft Mission EZ Hauler with Rail Ryder system installed post purchase. The rail system actually cost more than the base trailer, but it enables one man loading and unloading with car tie down done outside the trailer. Purchased more for piece of mind loading and unloading with these high value toys. Happy so far as an alternative to a large side door trailer with e-track.

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Indy - No lap times recorded yet. I very purposely didn't carry a transponder, timing device, or turn on my phone lap timer to avoid tempting myself. Maybe next time I'm out I'll have the Ford Performance App running and can share my lap times and videos with the community? The GT will be at Motorsports Park Hastings for the Ford/Mustang round up in September if you make it this year. Probably will even be ride along hot laps auctioned off for children's charities.

All - Drive impressions: I have not pushed any where close to the limits of this car yet in acceleration, braking, or cornering. I may be driving 7/10ths. At this point, it is just nice to get to go more than the 2/10ths pace a public road allows. The GT is extremely confidence inspiring and I can tell you I was running a faster pace than the GT350R without trying. The GT leaves you feeling that it is truly a race car. It has such a confidence inspiring feel when hunkered down in track mode. Which actually scares me a little bit now because I don't want to cross the limit ($$) and I haven't come close enough to know when it is approaching. That learning will come with some more laps, but for now I'm still in the infant stages of getting to know the car on track. Off track it is civil and well mannered. I prefer driving in Sport mode to keep the turbo's spooled up for throttle response, but could see using normal mode with comfort damper setting for a long highway drive. I'll say that after a little over a month of ownership I still can't stop smiling every time I drive or even see it. The attention it gets is non-stop and you can expect to see yourself on some social media channel later the same day each time you drive it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
good stuff !! Thanks for sharing !!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Great to hear... can't wait for my turn!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for sharing your driving impressions. Wicked cool. Glad you're taking the car out and enjoying it!!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Indy - No lap times recorded yet. I very purposely didn't carry a transponder, timing device, or turn on my phone lap timer to avoid tempting myself. Maybe next time I'm out I'll have the Ford Performance App running and can share my lap times and videos with the community? The GT will be at Motorsports Park Hastings for the Ford/Mustang round up in September if you make it this year. Probably will even be ride along hot laps auctioned off for children's charities.

Thanks buddy. :thumbsup

Still hoping to squeeze in the round up event this year. Added two new venues to my list this year so we will have to see how it works out.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great to hear you are enjoying it and more importantly using it for its intended purpose. thanks for sharing your impressions.

and it doesn't hurt to go google yourself after every drive either :)

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great post, sounds like you had fun and didn't go too wild first time out.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Can't wait to track it!