Feelin good about the site? Please read...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for making our first year nothing less than spectacular. I like to think this is one of the better sites on the net, and after meeting everyone at the Rally, it's clear why. We have a very high caliber group of individuals here. Everyone was stunned at how nice the entire group was!

The site has experienced a lot of growth in a hurry, and it's starting to steamroll. We used 3/4 of our monthly August bandwidth by Monday because of all the traffic. In fact, we used more in 2 weeks than we did all of last month. We're quickly moving towards dedicated server territory with the privileges granted here.

This is a good thing because the objective of the site from the day I started it was to bring owners together. The evidence is pretty clear that that's happened in a major way. We've got a couple great site sponsors already that help foot the bill. In fact, a few were even in attendance last week.

But there will come a time when the sponsors dry up as the last remaining GT's begin to sit in garages and don't need anymore mods. Realistically that will coincide with the site getting bigger and bigger, and needing more space, more time and more improvements to keep it ticking.

With that in mind, I've added some Paid subscriptions to the site. Somehow that crafty avatar-machine Bony and dbtgt already found their way to them (thanks guys!). There are a few little perks per each subscription such as:

-Recognition with a subscriber graphic under your name (see Bony)
markIV.gif

markII.gif

platinum.gif

Gold.gif

silver.gif

-Increased PM space
-Access to private subforums
-A business and investment section (people bought these GT's somehow right?)
-A seat on the forum "board" to help guide the future

Mostly though, I'm offering that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside for helping out. Of course, nobody is under ANY obligation to participate. If you choose not to donate, it's 100% OK and all your current priveleges will continue on. If you do, I and everyone else who uses the board can't thank you enough. You all already make this a pretty damn cool place to hang out, and you'll be keeping that going.

If you'd like to do so, click on "user cp" on the task bar, then on the bottom left in the miscellaneous section click "paid subscriptions". From there you can paypal me the donations directly. If you do not have access to paypal or do not want to use it, PM me and I will give you my address to send any donations to me.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

Dave:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in all the way. Here's the way I look at it; Dodge is charging me $800+ to attend the Viper Invitaional Rally next month in Las Vegas. I can't imagine it being better than the "free" GT rally in Detroit. I'd gladly have paid $500 to attend the Detroit Rally, thus my participation at the highest subscription level.

Thank you DBK.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
IM JELL'N , YOU JELL'N ? U'M SINCE IM OLD , WHAT THE HELL DO I DO FOR LIFE TIME STATUS , ILL CALL YOU TONITE SO I DONT SCREW ANYTHING UP, DONT WANT TO GET LOST IN THE SHUFFLE :biggrin GTJOEY 1314

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Done and done!

Thanks for a great site.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I am happy to contribute. This site has been great to me and I will be a member for life!
I think it is a small price to pay for the info we obtain here, and all the friends made! :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Subscription

I'm in all the way. Here's how I look at it;

Dodge is charging me $800 to attend the VOI event in Las Vegas next month. The GT Rally last week in Detroit was "free". I can't imagine VOI being any better than our experience last week. I would have gladly paid $500 to attend. Thus, my choice of subscription level.

Thanks DBK

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Done

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
OK, I did it.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in all the way.

Here's my thought;

Dodge is charging us $800 to attend the Viper Invitational in 'Vegas next month. The GT Rally last week was "free". VOI has nothing on what we did last week in Detroit. I would gladly have paid $500 to attend if that was the price of admission. Thus the subscription level...

Thanks DBK

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Done deal! This site has a wealth of info that I could not have gotten without this site. I'm keeping the car until I pass it on to one of my kids, so I figure why not tie the not for the next 50 years! :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in, all the way.

Here's my thoughts; Dodge is charging me $800 to attend the Viper Invitational in Las Vegas next month. The GT rally last week in Detroit was "free". There is no way the VIper event is any better than the GT Rally (how could it be?). I would gladly have paid $500 to attend the GT rally if that was the price of admission. $500 to support this site is a relative bargain.

Thanks DBK

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Great site. I'm in. Keep up the great work Dave!!

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Glad to support the site. This has been an excellent resource, learning center and gathering place. Maybe you could get Dr. Sims to make some nice decals to give away at the lifetime level :cheers

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Money sent...The site is worth the $. But now I'm dropped from gt owner back to spectator?! I guess I didn't give enough! :lol

Last edited:

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
done; credit to you
now maybe you will answer my pm :banana

seriously the site matches the car, great :thumbsup

Last edited:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Centerpunch, IM me an address, I have a gift to ship you.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Dave,
I don't have PM set up, please email me at kandtroberts@earthlink.net and let me know how I can get a check to you!
Kevin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'm in.

Hell, for some of us old guys our "lifetime membership" may not last as long as the young guys "annual membership". Maybe I should have a salad tonight. :cheers

Chip

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Meetings --Viper and Ford GT

Florida Chris said:
Here's my thoughts; Dodge is charging me $800 to attend the Viper Invitational in Las Vegas next month. The GT rally last week in Detroit was "free". There is no way the VIper event is any better than the GT Rally (how could it be?).

########## I would point out that the first Viper Invitational was also free and also at the factory. All subsequent events were pay-to-play

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
GT's cost more than Vipers, so I think our next Rally should cost at least $1,000 :cheers