Feelin good about the site? Please read...

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Most of my time on the computer is spent on financial and polical matters. The recent news in both categories stinks. Rather than leaving the computer in a p---ed off frame of mind, more and more I find myself coming to this site to modify my frame of mind before going on to other daily activities. I am a recent Ford GT owner. I have learned a great deal from the technical information provided. I definitely appreciate the high regard the owners have for these limited production vehicles. From the banter back and forth, I know I could become good friends with a very large percentage of the owners. Thanks to you all for a daily dose of attitude modification. :cheers

Al

Well said......I have found myself doing the same thing!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Most of my time on the computer is spent on financial and polical matters. The recent news in both categories stinks. Rather than leaving the computer in a p---ed off frame of mind, more and more I find myself coming to this site to modify my frame of mind before going on to other daily activities. I am a recent Ford GT owner. I have learned a great deal from the technical information provided. I definitely appreciate the high regard the owners have for these limited production vehicles. From the banter back and forth, I know I could become good friends with a very large percentage of the owners. Thanks to you all for a daily dose of attitude modification. :cheers

Al

Thanks for your support, and kind words. It is nice to have a friendly bar to hang out in.... rack of the balls and lets shoot another game:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
UFO, please disregard everything the engineers say. Save yourself a lot of time and don't read their posts unless you prefer books like War and Peace.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
UFO, please disregard everything the engineers say. Save yourself a lot of time and don't read their posts unless you prefer books like War and Peace.

The writing of most engineers is terse and concise, rather than verbose and meandering.

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
i think this site rocks - i assume i am probably thought of as the redheaded step child since my car has a "salvage title" but the site has a wealth of knowledge and information - and the car is coming along quite well i must say
as i will be mounting fenders/complete front end in next few days

anyway thanks to those responsible for the site and everyone else who is on the site with helpful advice and banter

steve

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Al

This sediment is shared by many,, Welcome Al !

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This sediment is shared by many,, Welcome Al !

"...sediment"??? :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

(Sorry, Stormy! I just couldn't resist! :rofl)

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Thanks ICE, but me thinks Frankie was throwing his medical darts at me.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks ICE, but me thinks Frankie was throwing his medical darts at me.....

But us engineers have to set the record strait.

Also there isn't any empirical evidence to show that red FGTs are faster. Yet some recite that like as often as a preacher does the bible.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
"...sediment"??? :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

(Sorry, Stormy! I just couldn't resist! :rofl)

He meant the stuff at the bottom of bottle of red wine. Ask Bony:banana

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
This place is great!!! Is it even possible to "upgrade" your membership?
John

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This place is great!!! Is it even possible to "upgrade" your membership?
John

Yes, the easiest way is to send a check to:

For the difference between your current membership and the level of support that you consider fair.

Thanks John!:thumbsup

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks Bony, check made & envelope addressed will go out tomorrow!!

John

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
i think this site rocks - i assume i am probably thought of as the redheaded step child since my car has a "salvage title" but the site has a wealth of knowledge and information - and the car is coming along quite well i must say
as i will be mounting fenders/complete front end in next few days

anyway thanks to those responsible for the site and everyone else who is on the site with helpful advice and banter

steve

Steve:

Regarding your comment of being "though of as the redheaded step child since my car has a 'slavage title'....." As far as I am concerned, I respect one who is willing to take on a project of such magnitude. Again in my opinion the salvage title is not the issue, the car will be judged on the result you obtain. Many of the rebuilt race cars that go for high dollars at auction, might have had salvage titles if they had been registered for the street. Finally, in my experience one who builds and/or works on his own car has an appreciation of the vehicle and a feeling of self satisfaction seldom obtained by one who contracts out the work.

Good luck with your project. Hope to see it someday.:cheers

Al

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Well Said

Steve:

Regarding your comment of being "though of as the redheaded step child since my car has a 'slavage title'....." As far as I am concerned, I respect one who is willing to take on a project of such magnitude. Again in my opinion the salvage title is not the issue, the car will be judged on the result you obtain. Many of the rebuilt race cars that go for high dollars at auction, might have had salvage titles if they had been registered for the street. Finally, in my experience one who builds and/or works on his own car has an appreciation of the vehicle and a feeling of self satisfaction seldom obtained by one who contracts out the work.

Good luck with your project. Hope to see it someday.:cheers

Al

Well Said Bony!

As a guy who usually contracts out my upgrades... I feel fortunate to have close proximity to people like Shadowman. It was great to have the GT guys tune up my ride when they were in California. I feel envious and impressed
when I read detailed descriptions on projects that forum members post.

I feel fortunate that some of their info has rubbed off on me, so when some kid stops me at a gas station to ask a question, I can usually answer it.

So thanks for the forum for making me look even cooler:cheers:thumbsup:thumbsup

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
OOPs it was UFO I was UFO74, I was agreeing with. Not that I do not agree withy Bony.:ack

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
well i appreciate the encouragement and ill be posting some photos later during the week as i hope to get the front end completely assembled
a couple of weeks ago i finished replacing the floor pans - turned out really
nice as i had them powder coated black prior to installing them

steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ttt

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ever become a subscribed member to the site, and especially those who have subscribed in the last month at the behest of Bony. I figured I'd put this message up once, and that would be it. That was almost 3 years ago. Bony ceaselessly asked people to support the site, even after I told him to cut it out many times :lol In the aftermath of the last month's events, the site has received several lifetime subscriptions with notes indicating that they either finally got around to it after Bony had asked them previously or they were doing so because they knew it meant alot to him and they were doing it in his honor.

Anyways, thanks everyone, and thanks to my man upstairs sipping the MAKER'S MARK MANHATTAN.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Anyways, thanks everyone, and thanks to my man upstairs sipping the MAKER'S MARK MANHATTAN.

fitting drink after all he is with his maker :)

Last edited: