Favorite or Recommended Car Covers for your NFGT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Obviously, the best car cover is NONE. Driving the car around and enjoying it.

Of course, can't drive any car 100% of the time, and protecting it is a genuine concern.

So, would love to see or read about people's favorite NFGT car covers for indoor storage and protection.

I've owned a wide variety of standard indoor and outdoor covers and have even used the '06 factory GT cover (on my '06), but curious what some of the preferred brand/model/material options are for an exotic car.

Was there a factory / concierge option at one point? (I think they might have run into supplier issues recently, but I will check with my concierge too on current status of any offerings).

Thanks in advance!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have car covers for all my cars but never use them. Why cover up gorgeous!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I too have covers and NEVER use them (and our cars sit for the many winter months in New England).

But to answer your question the fleece lined covercraft is what I think I have (been at least a decade since I got it)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Randy,
The factory cover is nice, but very expensive. The original factory covers are too short for using with current recommendation of storing wing up so it is like a girl with her skirt caught. Still beautiful but not right.
Per Tomy Hamon, we also bought the Cover King and it is fantastic. Fits tight, but not as tight as the factory cover making it much easier to get on and off without taking off a mirror. It is very plush and covers the car including most of the wheels/tires.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
There was a factory option for the NGT cover but I think I read somewhere that it was put on hold and is no longer an option. It was also quite expensive ($700-800) if I recall. Probably much better options out there.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Apologies if I was unclear, I'm looking to see what owners are using to cover their 2017-2022 NFGT's.

Andy, I think you are referring to a cover for 2nd Gen GT. Or did you get something for your NFGT?

Apollo, are you referring to Cover King for a 2017-2022 fitment?

Thanks GTMD, I'll update if I can find current status on the "hold" and as to why. But yes, if there are better options anyway, then it might be a non-issue.

Thanks all!

Reactions: Apollo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Randy you are correct, I missed that this was in the 2017+ section.

I have the OEM cover. There is a link here of the actual manufacturer, somewhere. Its an Italian company (if I recall). Tomy @THamonGT has a non OEM cover he is happy with.

Whats strange, is that everyone here says the cover does not fit with the wing up, but when we toured MM we were told that the cover was specifically designed for wing up or down. I guess I should try it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
my new gt was ordered with the indoor cover its ok nice quality and looks good.. for all other cars I would just use Onyx.. they are inexpensive and are form fitting look great even if not designed for a specific car if you get the dimensions close enough they will fit like a glove.. I have them for pretty much all of my cars.

Reactions: SYCO GT

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Apologies if I was unclear, I'm looking to see what owners are using to cover their 2017-2022 NFGT's.

Andy, I think you are referring to a cover for 2nd Gen GT. Or did you get something for your NFGT?

Apollo, are you referring to Cover King for a 2017-2022 fitment?

Thanks GTMD, I'll update if I can find current status on the "hold" and as to why. But yes, if there are better options anyway, then it might be a non-issue.

Thanks all!

Yes, for the 17 - 22.
Quality fit and coverage is excellent, Highly recommend. I use mine for use in the enclosed trailer also, Keeps that layer of road dust from getting in and on everything.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Factory cover includes logo and Dash VIN on it.

I like covers but yes get to lazy to be honest.

First line of defense from a animal or a light falls or a broom handle, winding up a chord or air hose or grandkid runs in the garage YIKES

I want to get a nice aftermarket cushy one for both 06 & the 19. So I am watching.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I got CA Car Cover Company's "Satin Fleece Stretch Fit Indoor Custom Car Cover with Fleece Lining" for $285.29 (w/ coupon code) a couple months ago. Reading more since then the price sounds kinda high. But it is soft and feels nice. However it's pretty thin even with the "fleece lining". I can actually see my car's stripes thru it. It's listed as an Indoor Cover, and I do think it's fine for keeping dust off, but that's about it. I wouldn't expect much in the way of ding protection, or water repelling. It does fit very well; I can easily put it on myself, fits snug but not too snug, doesn't require a big stretch to get over the mirrors or under the bumpers. And it does extend right down to the floor covering the entire wheel / tire face, so very little dust should come up from under.

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Obviously, the best car cover is NONE. Driving the car around and enjoying it.

Of course, can't drive any car 100% of the time, and protecting it is a genuine concern.

So, would love to see or read about people's favorite NFGT car covers for indoor storage and protection.

I've owned a wide variety of standard indoor and outdoor covers and have even used the '06 factory GT cover (on my '06), but curious what some of the preferred brand/model/material options are for an exotic car.

Was there a factory / concierge option at one point? (I think they might have run into supplier issues recently, but I will check with my concierge too on current status of any offerings).

Thanks in advance!

Call Ric and he will custom make a cover for you. He can even copy the color and stripe of your NGT. This is the OEM partner Ford uses.

Ric GeigerJr. Key Account Manager

ric.geiger@confezioniandrea.com

Cell +1 (586) 696-8808

Confezioni Andrea North America
29620 Parkway - Roseville 48066 - Michigan - USA

Office +1 (586) 359-2411

Fax +1 (586) 200-2634

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
From what I am told the factory option is once again available. It is not yet available as a part number for those who missed out while it was unavailable.

If you’re going to bother with a car cover I would get the one that shows up on the window sticker.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I have been very pleased with the California Car cover I purchased for my 2005 GT, cannot respond to covers for NGT...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
As of yesterday, my concierge still indicating OEM Cover for NFGT currently unobtainium status.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They probably just haven’t been told yet. These things are very complex. Lots of moving parts. Many years to get done. Thousands of employees.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Hello all,

In my last conversation with ford they have informed me a new car will be out soon. Also the new Ford GT car cover will allow you to install the cover with the rear wing up. I have no ETA as to when it will be out but been told it will be soon.

Joe

Reactions: JWZ

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
20190823_185117.jpg

I have been happy with this Coverking. Soft, and stretchy, with softer lining, easy on, works with wing up, and goes almost down to the floor so it covers the tires.

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: Apollo and SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Eddie! For those using the Cover King, it appears there are NINE different variants. Which one are you using?

Eddie it looks like the indoor Satin Stretch model, is that right? Thanks for the photo, that helps a lot.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Eddie - Is your Cover King thick enough that you think it offers any ding resistance?