Engine light! Finally ready for shipment!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hmmmm, so is there some secret to finding it on your website. :wink

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Black Teflon

SuperB,

I do NOT have the engine light on the website yet, as Gayle my webmaster is out of town on business.

I am still waiting for my quote on the black Teflon cabling. I hate waiting...

Jay
SuperB said:
Hmmmm, so is there some secret to finding it on your website. :wink

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
speaking of black, can we do it with a black light?
Then I can pinstripe the engine area with white and make it really cool :cheers

let me know when you get the black, I'll order one with black tape and blue light.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
UV LED

SuperB,

Yes, there is a new UV LED, however I would be concerned about liability issues! By the way, it's 380 nM. You could really pimp your engine with one of these!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

SuperB said:

let me know when you get the black, I'll order one with black tape and blue light.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SuperB said:

Rock on Brian... way cool, got to get a hookah pipe option and some Doors and Grateful Dead 8 track tapes to really get into it... :party :tongue :party

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Black heat shrink does the job!

Bart,

Yes, that is what I am going to do. It turned out real nice. Thanks for the assistance!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
Bart Carter said:
There is some high temp shrink wrap available that would help with both the color and protection. I use this when I wire my cars. Raychem DR-25 is the best I have found. Here is one source that is reliable: P.R.S.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Any Problem With Glare

Any problem with glare that might affect rear vision?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I didn't have any problem with mine while we were in Dearborn. I drove back from Camillo's without problem and parked in the Ritz garage (backing up) without problem. You can see the light in your rearview mirror, but there are no reflections. Maybe the Mac subwoofer in the way helps, but I really had no problem at all. Haven't driven at night since, but i haven't been home either.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
fjpikul has engine light #1...

The production unit has been carefully designed to prevent unwanted light from entering the driver's compartment. There were several prototypes designed at great expense to get the most uniform illumination of the engine compartment.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34
fjpikul said:
I didn't have any problem with mine while we were in Dearborn. I drove back from Camillo's without problem and parked in the Ritz garage (backing up) without problem. You can see the light in your rearview mirror, but there are no reflections. Maybe the Mac subwoofer in the way helps, but I really had no problem at all. Haven't driven at night since, but i haven't been home either.

Last edited:

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Midnite Blu and Heritage too now are rolling Atomic Reactors...Blue light, blue light, blue light. What a sight....Thanks Jay...........George

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Excellent!

Midnite Blu said:
Midnite Blu and Heritage too now are rolling Atomic Reactors...Blue light, blue light, blue light. What a sight....Thanks Jay...........George
George,

Awesome! Now you and fjpikul have to watch the radiation levels. I will be working on some accessories soon, such as reverse turn-off.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

waiting for the bony version, built in tanning lamps :biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
wire

Hey Jay,
You don't know me but I own a shop that builds marking machines (Like for VIN and just about everything under the sun) reason I tell you is that we make hot stamp marking units which use a very cool teflon wire. Ours might be higher gage but chances are you can get a lighter gage and our cable department might be of some help as well.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
tpraceman said:
Hey Jay,
You don't know me but I own a shop that builds marking machines (Like for VIN and just about everything under the sun) reason I tell you is that we make hot stamp marking units which use a very cool teflon wire. Ours might be higher gage but chances are you can get a lighter gage and our cable department might be of some help as well.
Tom,

This sounds good to me. I also thought about just labling pieces of heat shrink tubing (polyofelon sp?).

Thanks, Jay
www.gtsaver.com

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Are these lights or anything like them still available anywhere?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Holy old thread revival, Batman!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Boy no kidding. With the ABUNDANCE of LED lighting options available these days, be really easy to put something together. As far as I know Jay is "still around" but not too active here these days.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
James, I think you helped me figure out the always hot power wire for the Exoticare kit. PM Andrew.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have the led kit from Exoticare. That is just a pair of led strips that glue under the struts and a remote control switch.

The light in this thread was a machined fixture that mounted in an existing hole in the clamshell and was powered by the running light circuit. Advantages are that it looks much better installed and works better as it specifically was designed not to shed light into the driver compartment but rather back toward the engine bay.

The Exoticare kit is useless and dangerous to use while the car is in motion, this one is specifically designed to allow that. If this one is no longer available, was hoping someone might know of something similar that could be used the same way.

Last edited: