Engine light! Finally ready for shipment!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Black heat shrink does the job!

Bart,

Yes, that is what I am going to do. It turned out real nice. Thanks for the assistance!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
Bart Carter said:
There is some high temp shrink wrap available that would help with both the color and protection. I use this when I wire my cars. Raychem DR-25 is the best I have found. Here is one source that is reliable: P.R.S.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Any Problem With Glare

Any problem with glare that might affect rear vision?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
waiting for the bony version, built in tanning lamps :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
JC, you are absolutely correct. The power source for the light is from the license plate light. When I installed the GTGuys hatch opener I had to move things around a bit, but it worked fine. AnalogDesigner's light is a high-output LED.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Would you have any photos of the fixture and how it mounts with your GTGuys latch opener? If this is no longer a viable option, perhaps something new could be developed with a bit of research.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, I can take a pic. Give me a little time.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Thanks! No hurry, just sounds like a nice improvement project I could take on.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I didn't have any problem with mine while we were in Dearborn. I drove back from Camillo's without problem and parked in the Ritz garage (backing up) without problem. You can see the light in your rearview mirror, but there are no reflections. Maybe the Mac subwoofer in the way helps, but I really had no problem at all. Haven't driven at night since, but i haven't been home either.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Black wire was one of my comments, but if you can't get it, spray paint should work.

So do I understand then that the wire/teflon can rest against the muffler without issue? Obviously we don't want that, but if it did there shouldn't be a problem?

Indeed a way to leave the light on with the parking lights off would be ideal for car shows...., but that would require quite a bit more wiring to get power.

How do I buy my light, not quite for sale yet?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
wire

Hey Jay,
You don't know me but I own a shop that builds marking machines (Like for VIN and just about everything under the sun) reason I tell you is that we make hot stamp marking units which use a very cool teflon wire. Ours might be higher gage but chances are you can get a lighter gage and our cable department might be of some help as well.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
tpraceman said:
Hey Jay,
You don't know me but I own a shop that builds marking machines (Like for VIN and just about everything under the sun) reason I tell you is that we make hot stamp marking units which use a very cool teflon wire. Ours might be higher gage but chances are you can get a lighter gage and our cable department might be of some help as well.
Tom,

This sounds good to me. I also thought about just labling pieces of heat shrink tubing (polyofelon sp?).

Thanks, Jay
www.gtsaver.com

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
After a long development cycle, the engine light is ready for delivery. UNLIKE THE PHOTO, THE WIRE IS BLACK, NOT WHITE! The available colors are royal blue (highly recommended), green, amber, red and white.

Lighting kit:

Partially installed:

Hooks into license plate light:

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Teflon

Hi SuperB,

Unfortunetly, nothing really sticks to Teflon, that's one of it's unique properies. I am looking for a black version.

The light is for sale. I have mostly Deep Blue and Red in stock.

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
SuperB said:
Black wire was one of my comments, but if you can't get it, spray paint should work.

So do I understand then that the wire/teflon can rest against the muffler without issue? Obviously we don't want that, but if it did there shouldn't be a problem?

Indeed a way to leave the light on with the parking lights off would be ideal for car shows...., but that would require quite a bit more wiring to get power.

How do I buy my light, not quite for sale yet?

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Lights

Please post cost and payment methods. BTW...your "limit exceeded on private messages" BTW, I thought of the plate light but could not get it off the bumper ? Does it simply pry off ?

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
There is some high temp shrink wrap available that would help with both the color and protection. I use this when I wire my cars. Raychem DR-25 is the best I have found. Here is one source that is reliable: P.R.S.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Any chance of putting a color on 5 cars at the rally so all can look and decide which color they like Saturday night, before Camillos.

I want a blue one.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hmmmm, so is there some secret to finding it on your website. :wink

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
fjpikul has engine light #1...

The production unit has been carefully designed to prevent unwanted light from entering the driver's compartment. There were several prototypes designed at great expense to get the most uniform illumination of the engine compartment.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34
fjpikul said:
I didn't have any problem with mine while we were in Dearborn. I drove back from Camillo's without problem and parked in the Ritz garage (backing up) without problem. You can see the light in your rearview mirror, but there are no reflections. Maybe the Mac subwoofer in the way helps, but I really had no problem at all. Haven't driven at night since, but i haven't been home either.

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Black Teflon

SuperB,

I do NOT have the engine light on the website yet, as Gayle my webmaster is out of town on business.

I am still waiting for my quote on the black Teflon cabling. I hate waiting...

Jay
SuperB said:
Hmmmm, so is there some secret to finding it on your website. :wink