Engine light! Finally ready for shipment!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Nuclear reactor light #1

fjpikul,

Thanks for figuring out how to hook this light up with my "Chinese instruction manual." I have received some nice positive feedback from your installation.

I am glad to hear that it was a memorable event. Many thanks, Jay
www.gtsaver.com
fjpikul said:
I was the one installing the light in front of the Ritz on Saturday afternoon. I had it on at Camillo's for about 3 hours with no problems starting the car afterwards. It did not interfere with my rearward vision on the drive back to the hotel and I did not have any problem backing up in the Ritz garage. The light is not hooked up to emergency blinkers, so if the police stop me, I'll turn off lights and put on the flashers. I was very pleased. Jay and I talked at length and I passed on everyone's comments from Detroit.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
James, I think you helped me figure out the always hot power wire for the Exoticare kit. PM Andrew.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Excellent!

Midnite Blu said:
Midnite Blu and Heritage too now are rolling Atomic Reactors...Blue light, blue light, blue light. What a sight....Thanks Jay...........George
George,

Awesome! Now you and fjpikul have to watch the radiation levels. I will be working on some accessories soon, such as reverse turn-off.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have the led kit from Exoticare. That is just a pair of led strips that glue under the struts and a remote control switch.

The light in this thread was a machined fixture that mounted in an existing hole in the clamshell and was powered by the running light circuit. Advantages are that it looks much better installed and works better as it specifically was designed not to shed light into the driver compartment but rather back toward the engine bay.

The Exoticare kit is useless and dangerous to use while the car is in motion, this one is specifically designed to allow that. If this one is no longer available, was hoping someone might know of something similar that could be used the same way.

Last edited: