Ebay Jerk Alert!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
A little info on the car's backround for those who did not know. This is the buyer who is listed on the original bill of sale and a little bit about his company.
I don't know if he is the seller on Ebay, probably not.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45134283/ns/business-cnbc_tv/t/car-nuts-bring-fantasy-life-nyc-club

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
This seller sounds like he has mental problems. That being said I have had over 500 transactions on eBay since the late 90s and I have only had 1 person tyring to rip me off or otherwise be a jerk.

I guess I have been lucky.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I was concerned when I bought the BBS Wheels/tires, but a smooth transaction and experience; like anything else you have to do your due diligence.......

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I was concerned when I bought the BBS Wheels/tires, but a smooth transaction and experience; like anything else you have to do your due diligence.......

So was i when I bought mine.... research showed the seller was Hennessy on a GT conversion he just posted... No problems :biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks like eBay did not like this guy too much either. His listing had been completely removed by ebay. I would imagine it was because of some of the language he used, but not sure. Just noticed it no longer exsist on ebay.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Too bad it was really interesting seeing how people handle being called out in a public forum and what the high bid would have been with all the controversy.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I figure the high bid would have been erroneously inflated with all the controversy

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I understand your view...

Neverthless, after 100+ transactions mostly watches....I decided to not return.

Maily b/c of their unbalanced feedback (sellers cant neg deadbeat bidders/buyers)

I had over $25,000 for sale in watches...and ebay was forcing me to allow 1 bidder in Romania to bid on all my watches, and threaten to wreck my feedback. I ate the transaction fees and made it up 10x in private sales. They did get me one swiss buyer who paid $5000 on 2-3 watches i paid $500/ea.

Stupid policy with ZERO recourse for sellers whose funds are held hostage by paypal for 30 days even when those goods are long gone.

Dont get me wrong....I used to send $3000 to German watch sellers without a thought, and they would ship item...even before check cleared.

Im a shareholder and have seen them erode their auction model.....which is losing out to other business models.

I am sorry, but I disagree. I buy a bunch of stuff off ebay. There are plenty of bad apples on ebay, but if you have a good bit of experience with the site, its rather easy to see through the BS and get to the good people. There are bad apples in every line of trade. Plenty of retails store fronts out there I would never set foot it, but that does not mean they are all bad. Same for ebay. There are plenty of users that should be hung by the rope they are selling, but that does not mean the entire sites bad. When I am shopping for anything, I usually go to ebay first, then other places from there. There are a handful of items that I would not purchase on ebay, or anywhere on line for that matter, but all in all, I think it had made a lot of things available to all of us that were never available 10 - 15 years ago......

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
ebay is huge and with being that huge comes issues no doubt. The more people that discover it, the more scammers that discover it also. It will always be a work in progress, but I have to admit that I get a bunch of traffic and leads off the site.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Edit *

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Just for the record since the ebay ad no longer exsist, below are the questions that were asked and the answers the guy gave:
Q: With those miles I would be only good for $80k, not tryind to offend you just stating what I think its worth. Thanks! Nov-06-11
A: OK! I'M SURE YOUR A HONEST GUY..! YOU WOULDN'T BY ANY CHANCE KNOW THE GUY THAT WROTE THAT FIRST SLY REMARK WOULD YOU? I SEE YOUR aBay user name is supercars*2010 & that guy that started the beef was webcarz right? I HEARD YOU SOLD HIM A WHT GT FOR $174K ! ANYWAYS I WOULD BUY 2 DOZEN GT'S WITH 53.000 MILES ON THEM IN THE CONDITION MY CAR IS IN FOR $80K EACH(ASAP) , I don't think your guessing is correct! Especially since your in the car biz! ! You know better than that,I know who u r & u buy salvage too! & you know this car is worth easy a hundred! But thanx for helping...! & since you know webcarz, tell him i'm sorry about the weird remarks ! I should know better now that I'm 40!
Q: I love you man! I suppose your talking od DBK?? He sure doesn't mind talking shit but can't stand someone talking it back! Good luck with the sale! Nov-06-11
A: THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR SUPPORT! & YEAH MAYBE THAT'S THAT DUDE! if u know him, tell him 2 come 2 Jersey & talk that tr*sh
Q: I read the comments that were posted. What bothers Me is these people that think it's their duty to rip on others cars. If your Not interested in buying it why do you find it so important to write negative sh#t.this guy is a real moron. These forum guys think they are the only guys who are experts and so sharp and have to protect the general public. What does the dumb ass think that someone is going to buy the car sight unseen.I'm sure the price reflects the higher Milage. So for the jerk forum member, mind your own business and go polish your 100 mile gt and gloat about it.Cars are meant to be driven. By the way I own 3 gts and probably forgot more about gts then the forum guy would ever know... Good luck!!!! Nov-06-11
A: Hi! Yeah this dude is some wise guy! Man! I just got the car a few weeks ago & I tell it like I heard it from the guy that I got it from! I was never told it was a RENT-A-CAR! & I'm in the salvage business , so I know a lot about cars & physical damage ! But how the heck am I supposed to know it was being used as a rental! I know it drives straight as an arrow & it don't have any major damage! It's much more practical then my previous Lamborghini's! I traded in a Bentley Flying Spur & $36k for it! I couldn't get rid of that Flying Spur to save my life & I never had a FORD that was considered , EXOTIC! I was gonna keep it,but winter came quick this year for us here in Bergen County! I never need to dis anyone , I mind my own & that never fails ! If this guy would of thought a little before he wrote that dis, we would of hit it off a little better! If he's a FORD GT lover & I have a FORD GT,you would think a respected man of rank like him would say( hi their, my name is.... & I c u got a GT 4sale. I'm the GT police chief & I don't know if you heard ,but that car is known everywhere as a RENTAL! That's y it has so many miles! I've seen this GT in person & I even rented it & it rides like junk! I think ur ad is misleading) THEN I WOULD FEEL LIKE A D*CK & CHANGE MY AD & SAY THANK YOU, BUT THAT AIN'T 100% TRUE! THIS GT IS A VERY NICE CAR & VERY AFFORDABLE! For crying out loud, there's a few salvage ones out their right now that guys r asking $106k to $129k & one is still hit (damaged) HELLO! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!!!
Q: Your ad portrays the picture that you are the original and only owner of this vehicle and also states the car is in mint condition. This is far from the truth. First off, this was a rental car from a rental car company up in the north east it's whole life. Driven by no telling how many people. The car is far from mint or perfect condition. The rear fins are broken in several places, the wheels have curb rash, the front spoiler is in very ruff shape, and no telling what else is wrong with this car. The Ford GT community is a small place and this kind of misleading advertising won't be tolerated. I suggest you make some changes and clarifications to your ad or I will point it out publicly on many different websites and forums. Nov-05-11
A: First I would like to say you are VERY RUDE! You didn't even introduce yourself! Now it's my turn, idiot! I bought this car 10/20/11 & I only know a few things about it! I know it had one previous OWNER & It hasn't been driven off a cliff nor rolled over nor burnt to the ground! And it sure ain't SALVAGE nor does it have any frame damage! and A*ole, I will throw in FOR FREE, UN-SCRATCHED RIMS, AN UN-DAMAGED REAR FIN (lower valance YOU JERK) & AN UNDAMAGED FRONT SPOILER TOO! I'M NOT IN YOUR LITTLE FA* FORD COMMUNITY, MAYBE THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T KNOW THIS! I DON'T SCREW ANYONE OVER ,EVER!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
At one point Ebay had cool, interesting people with nice stuff...

That was about 2000-2003...

Then the general public got on and brought their crap....both the people and their shoddy stuff.

I wouldnt buy anything over $250 off of ebay.....as its no better than a back alley
I bought my Viper/Z06 and GT off Ebay, all without a hitch! Bought some other stuff there as well with no issue. I've had only 1 bad deal, and in the end, the vendor took a bath on what he sold me. He lost the money and the goods. He is no longer a registered vendor on Ebay. Meantime, I've spent over 400k on ebay with basically no issues!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Is that seller the same guy that owns and operates Performance Power Racing?

Chip

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Isn't supercars2010 Andy from Lufkin?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I also agree with Shelby. There can be some good stuff on eBay. It has changed quite a bit over the years though. Used to be some cool treasures you could find (I collect SR71 parts).

Got a spare JT11D-20 turbojet in your inventory???:biggrin

Last edited:

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I also agree with Shelby. There can be some good stuff on eBay. It has changed quite a bit over the years though. Used to be some cool treasures you could find (I collect SR71 parts).
Got a spare JT11D-20 turbojet in your inventory???:biggrin

I wish! I do have a FCU out of a J58 which is kind of cool....

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Do not mean to hijack the eBay thread, but there are several Forum followers who hold the SR in high regard. Check the search function.

I was lucky enough to work on the engine early in my career. Still impressed with what Pratt engineers did with a slide rule 50 years ago.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A great buy at under 70K. But the seller is way less than honest when it isn't disclosed that this car has the majority of its miles driven as a rental. One has to assume the car has much more wear than usual for the miles.

I have driven rental cars with less than 5K that needed a new engine!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If I was renting it I would more than get my $$$$ out of it.