Door Ajar........not

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Good news is I finally picked my car up today but I have a problem already.

Minor but irritating.

The Door Ajar light is illuminated but there is no door ajar.

Is there a simple remedy for this?

Thanks Guys

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You will get a DOOR AJAR light if the FRONT TRUNK is not closed all the way OR the rear bonnet. Check these two places and I am SURE it will fix the problem. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yup, I can virtually guarantee it's the front trunk. It'll look closed but if it's not 100% latched the light stays on.

Just a tip, depending on the alignment of your clamshell, the best way to close the rear hatch is to lower it about 8" away and then firmly press directly in the center. Pretty much ditto for the front hood.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Happened to me on the ride home after I bought mine. The clamshell was not latched full behind my head.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
You can tell if it's the front trunk by trying your remote. If it does NOT work to open the trunk, then you'll know that's the problem. Ask me how I know. :biggrin

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Thanks Guys........Sorted, rear clam not shut properly it would appear.

I can go back to enjoying the car now:thumbsup

Thanks Shelby....car is spot on.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This place is amazing, look at that, he is way over in the UK, and gets a solution to the problem is less than 2 hours.....

I'll beat Bony to the punch, sounds like someone should become another supporting member..... :)

H

HHGT

Thanks Guys........Sorted, rear clam not shut properly it would appear.

I can go back to enjoying the car now:thumbsup

Thanks Shelby....car is spot on.

Congrats on the new car. What color?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This place is amazing, look at that, he is way over in the UK, and gets a solution to the problem is less than 2 hours.....

I'll beat Bony to the punch, sounds like someone should become another supporting member..... :)

Yup, you did, got to your favorite bar, order a MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN and have them send to me the tab.:thumbsup:banana:thumbsup

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yup, you did, got to your favorite bar, order a MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN and have them send to me the tab.:thumbsup:banana:thumbsup

Specracer,

Don't fall for it, its a scam! I ordered a MM & tried the sending the tab to BONY. Our waitress, said; who? what?

But my Nigerian bank draft worked like a charm!! :biggrin

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh boy here we go.....

Laughing out loud though.....

Specracer,

Don't fall for it, its a scam! I ordered a MM & tried the sending the tab to BONY. Our waitress, said; who? what?

But my Nigerian bank draft worked like a charm!! :biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Glad you got the car and all is well! Just to inform you guys, he purchased a 2005 Ford GT, late production, 285 miles, 4 option, BLACK car. Glad you like the car Viper! Thank you for your business!!! :thumbsup

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Here she is.....it's a grey day for a change.

FordGT002.jpg

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
congrats on the car.... congrats on the quick troubleshoot.... then fixed issue...

And boy if I had a dollar for everytime the door ajar light problem was fixed here on this forum... I'd have..... what?

$35 bucks
:biggrin

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
dash lights

OK you all solved this problem so quick! The ABS and Brake light come on after 3-5 minutes on the X1. Dealer did not have a solution. :frown Drove LV to seattle with them on. Any input ? Thanks in advance Jim

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
OK you all solved this problem so quick! The ABS and Brake light come on after 3-5 minutes on the X1. Dealer did not have a solution. :frown Drove LV to seattle with them on. Any input ? Thanks in advance Jim

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

can't go there jim.... I might get banned......
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Driving along today and the light showed again.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Viper, did you open the clamshell and/or trunk again? Probably the same thing. You may need to readjust the closing bumpers.

Anya, check brake fluid level in front trunk cannister.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm not sure (without looking) where the little gizmo is that sends the info out on either the front trunk or clamshell, however, a small amount of silicone lubricant might be in order.

If you ever need to get in touch with me (I'm in Surrey, so not too far away) PM me and we'll trade phone numbers. It'd be fun to take the 2 cars out when the rain stops in 2011. Mine's a red one, so it'll be just that teensiest bit faster. :biggrin

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Sounds like a plan.

Though it's a know fact that red is slower due to the molecule behaviour.

And.....how do you know it'll stop raining come 2011?

:cheers