Did you enjoy the Rally? Please read!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Some of you may not be aware but our Rally had a major sponsor. Borla Performance Industries graciously put up $7,500 to cover many of the expenses for our Rally in the Detroit/Troy area. Their donation went a long way to making this event the success it was. Without their sponsorship we would have all had to cover the costs of the food, wine, hotel meeting rooms, parking just to name a few.

I am asking all of you that attended and had a great time... AND would like to have another event like this one to PLEASE take a minute and send a note, letter or email to Alex and Alyse Borla to let them know they sponsorship was appreciated and that you had a great time.

Their main email address is:

sales@borla.com

Their mailiong address is:

Borla Performance Industries
5901 Edison Drive
Oxnard, CA 93033

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. I'll drop a note today. I'll also let them know how much I like their muffler on my car!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Done!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Thanks...

I thanked Alex personally - but a note goes a long way. I will do one this evening. I also spoke with Alyse on Alex's cell phone, to tell her what a good job she was doing on their marketing. She was very appreciative.

An obscure music search on the web popped a Borla Ad at me last Friday while at the rally. I though to myself..."how do they know?" Alex was amused. :biggrin

Gordo

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks to those of you that have responded or called letting me know you will make contact with Mr. and Mrs. Borla. I really think it is important to let them know we appreciated what they did for us.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'll send a note tonight.....

Great time!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Borla has my vote! I'm sending a note of thanks today, and will let them know that I will proudly display my Forum Rally name badge with their logo.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Consider it done!!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Jerry, It was good to finally meet you! here's the email I just sent:

Alex or Alyse,

First of all, thank you for your sponsorship of the Rally in Detroit. I was there with my car but I guess I didn't meet you. Gary Almond is bringing my car back to West Texas via Sarasota and Jason Heffner will put on a pulley and a tune to bring it up to 700 crank HP. I'm thinking also about putting one of your exhausts on, similar to the one that Florida Chris had on his at the rally. Seems like his had the Ford logo on it, is this your unit? If so, maybe I could buy one from you and have you ship it to Jason so it could be installed before it's returned to me. Let me know what you think, as well as prices.

Thanks!

BigsGT AKA

Don Bennett

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Alex couldn't have been a nicer guy, and I'll be forever be indebted to them for helping so much in putting this event on. I'll most certainly be sending them the banner everyone signed for them, as well as a personal note expressing my gratitude. When it comes time to throw the exhaust on, there's only one I'll consider!

Thanks to both Alex and Alyse!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just sent them an email. I love their products and use them on several cars - fantastic product and the best sound!

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Great meeting you Jerry. Note sent to The Borlas and a system will be installed before the next shindig! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Jerry, sent them a thank you note last night. Appreciate your leadership. :thumbsup

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Borla...thank you.

I will send them a personal letter of thanks...I know how much these type of events cost and what they contributed made the difference between a 'good event' and a 'Great Event'.. once in a lifetime.

andy AJB

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bigs... Alex can't sell the exhaust... it has to be sold through Ford Racing outlets. He will be very happy though to hear you are making that choice. It was great meeting you also. I'm sure I missed meeting a lot of the gang during this event. Well... maybe next event.

I found Alex's White with Blue GT in the to-be-shipped section of Wixom. I took a few photos of his car for him and emailed them off.

Bigs and DBK... I also have the Borla exhaust on my GT. Great sound when aggressive and at FOT and not to loud at freeway or idle. It was jus the right system for me.

I'm glad to see many of you following through with a note to them...
it will go a loooooong way.
Thanks much

Jerry

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
Bigs... Alex can't sell the exhaust... it has to be sold through Ford Racing outlets. He will be very happy though to hear you are making that choice. It was great meeting you also. I'm sure I missed meeting a lot of the gang during this event. Well... maybe next event.

I found Alex's White with Blue GT in the to-be-shipped section of Wixom. I took a few photos of his car for him and emailed them off.

Bigs and DBK... I also have the Borla exhaust on my GT. Great sound when aggressive and at FOT and not to loud at freeway or idle. It was jus the right system for me.

I'm glad to see many of you following through with a note to them...
it will go a loooooong way.
Thanks much

Jerry

Recvd a nice note back, what great folks!! Hope we can stop at Borla's at a future rally.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks Bony...

If you attended the rally and enjoyed yourself... please take the time to send the Borla's a note saying thanks. This will go a long way. If we want to have a major sponsor in the future.. they must know they are appreciated or we will loose them. This could be a great long term sponsorship!

Their main email address is:

sales@borla.com

Their mailing address is:

Borla Performance Industries
5901 Edison Drive
Oxnard, CA 93033

Last edited:

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Support

Appreciate the heads up on the Borla support, just sent off a note of thanks.

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
I wasn't able to attend, however, I did send a letter of thanks and got a wonderful reply.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
GTJim & G-Force... Thanks for taking the time to send the note.