Daniel's Final Journey....Rally IV.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
from the bottom of my heart, Thank you Chip.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas

Thanks Chip...

100_2874.jpg

Moderators Note

Please note the pin on Daniels collar. An American flag and the Rotary Club International flag. I love this photo!

Chip

Last edited by a moderator:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip, thanks for sharing all the great photos and the story about the "journey". I was there for most of it, but you helped me feel like I was there every step of the way. Thanks for being such a great friend to Daniel and to all of us on the Forum.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Chip, your efforts were moving, and so appropriate for such a great person.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Chip, thanks for posting this...

It sounds like you were instrumental in giving the old fellow a stylish and moving send off, it was thoughtful and heart-felt. To have him present at the Rally and at the front of people's minds would have given him a real boost, it's really most touching.

I loved the photos ending with Bony giving us a 'cheers' with his drink.

My GT (like so many others) will always carry the sticker inside that marks his passing.

Our world is undoubtedly made poor without him in it - however he clearly had some tremendous friends and would have been so proud of the major part you played in ensuring his final journey was so good.....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've neglected posting in this thread because I just wasn't prepared to. This year's Rally was particularly physically and mentally draining, especially because we had to do it all without Bony there at our side.

Bony would have been proud of all the participants, and he would have been proud of the way Chip made sure he was honored at the event. He definitely would have been tremendously satisfied that we made it through not one but TWO high speed driving events with nothing but some muddy tires to complain about. Maybe that was his doing? It's a great testament to how important Bony was to everyone that Chip took the time to fly out to Fresno and secure Daniel's ashes from Bony's lovely wife Lorna and bring him to Texas. It's a great honor that Lorna felt that Daniel would have wanted his ashes scattered in Texas with us at Rally IV. I wish she could have been there with us to witness the impact he had on everyone. He desperately wanted RIV to be in Texas so it was fitting that we did it there.

After the Texas Mile, Chip gave me Bony's ashes and even though it was only a 2 hour drive, that may well have been the longest drive I ever had to make. It was a humbling and sobering experience. The next day, driving through the Hill Country was much better and I'm honored to say Bony was my co-pilot on his final physical journey. It was a relaxed and entertaining day and I know he would have enjoyed it tremendously. Especially the opportunity to get friendly with the local constabulary.

I don't really need to say anything more about the last night that Chip hasn't already said. Obviously, at the water's edge behind the Four Seasons was something that became a very visceral experience for many of us. Chip is a brave man and we all owe him a debt of gratitude for having the strength to remember Bony in such a way. I know it's something I won't ever forget. When the event manager was told we needed 140 drinks sent out he was a little flustered but they made it. With Chip's final toast, I just had to disappear out of there for what must have been 45 minutes and return back to the Austin night. I know I made that first Bony-special MMM disappear well before the words were done.

It seems like such a crazy thing that a bunch of guys with some car can become close on the internet, and everyone knows what a giant life Bony had outside this website, but that's just the way it is. This world could use a lot more people like Daniel Bonyhadi and hopefully everyone took a little piece of that with them from RIV. He's gone but not forgotten, and he'll be with us at every Rally until there are no more Rallies to be had. Rest in peace, and of course, God Bless America. :usa

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Well said Dave :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
God Bless You Dave. Daniel truly will be with us in our hearts and minds. I have been around for quite a while and I don't think I've ever met a person that I enjoyed visiting, being around, hearing wisdom words from more than Daniel. He was very personal with his friends and loved life so very much. I truly feel sorry for other Ford GT owners who have never experienced our Forum and its members warm and personal feelings toward each other. This is what real life is all about. Thank You Dave again for making all this happen. God Bless Daniel and God Bless America. Tomy

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
DBK & Bony

Ford GT Forum Team. Thank you Dave.

Attachments

• Dave & Daniel.jpg
    Dave & Daniel.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 146

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
That's such a great photo of Dave and Daniel. Chip, your eloquence is clear and speaks directly to the heart of a friendship we all felt for the man. Many thanks.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Bony's smile make me think of being 9years old. He looks like a kid with a new bike.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I wanted to post this again. We miss you Daniel. Thank you for always watching over us.

BonyTribute.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Detroit

At the Brangle, Rally I. Bony with the crew. Makers and cigars.

Attachments

• DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 383

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thank you!:usa

Anders

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Bony Tribute & Toast video at Rally 4

I usually have some sort of camera close by, but at Bony's memorial in Fresno I left everything in the car - it just didn't seem respectful to plan on taking photos or videos. But I wish I had, in order to have caught Chip's and Randy's comments on tape.

At the Rally in Austin, I wasn't able to make it to the riverside ceremony, but later at the dinner I DID get Chip's entire tribute to Bony and the Forum's Maker's Mark Manhattan toast on video. Here's the link - it's part of my Vimeo album of Rally 4 videos, but I wanted to also have a link to it in this thread:

http://www.vimeo.com/album/138493

Attachments

• Rally-4_0613.jpg
    Rally-4_0613.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Rally-4_0614.jpg
    Rally-4_0614.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 391

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I usually have some sort of camera close by, but at Bony's memorial in Fresno I left everything in the car - it just didn't seem respectful to plan on taking photos or videos. But I wish I had, in order to have caught Chip's and Randy's comments on tape.

I totally know what you mean. I debated the same thing myself. Then I remembered that a strong part of my connection to Bony was photography, and also that others who wanted to be there might not be able to attend. Ultimately, I decided Bony would have understood, maybe even wanted for me to take some pictures and share with others.

It seems you felt similarly at the Rally. I think it is nice that you captured and shared those moments.