Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Well said, both Indy and Shadowman!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Chris, any news on the bum halfshaft bolt front?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Indy, do you do differential equations for fun? I have a few Fourier transforms you can chew on. Your buddy.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ford will replace the bolts under warranty at no cost to the owner. In the alternative, Ford will provide the bolt kit to the owner for installation elsewhere at the owner's expense or by the owner himself. If you want Accufabs, you have to buy them and have them installed at your own expense or install them yourself. It just depends on what you want to do. I think that covers it! :cheers

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just received notice from Ford Motor Company this morning that stocking centers are being stocked starting today, around the country and will be receiving updated parts for axle bolt and washer repair fix. This means that it will take dealers a few days to order and receive updated parts for the repair. Give your local dealer time to receice them. Ford will probabily start notifying owners shortly. This problem will go away.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
THANKS Dave

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
so there's aproblem with the half shaft bolts?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nothing yet....I missed a call back from Ford Corporate earlier...hope to speak with them tomorrow.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GTJim, sending you a PM. Frank

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Here - here Bill K and Bill D.
There is not another word to be said...
Please...
Merry Christmas and THANKS FORD FOR DELIVERING TO US A GREAT CAR WITH ALMOST ZERO ISSUES.

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
again.... it will be in Ford's computer if it as been done or paid for.
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your suggestions and the forum,but:
What if the work was not done by a Ford dealer? Some of us are wary of taking our cars to Ford dealerships,including myself. If I were to get the work done I would try not to use a Ford tech unless he had worked on these cars before and been trained for them. I may do it myself.
What are the chances any dealer would even bother to train a tech for a car they never sold more than one of,if that ?
If it was done by a dealer I will find out,but if it was not it could still have been done by a private shop.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Ford's Oasis computer report will show if the recall was performed by a Ford dealer, and also will show if the car owner chose to just receive the recall bolt kit and then have the installatin done elsewhere. So the Ford computer will definitely tell you if a recall kit has been issued for a specific ar.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Me too...

Had mine done yesterday, and one of the four bolts was broken in half. Had a new set put in about 1 year ago with safety wire. Looking at the broken bolt today, the break occurred about at the depth of the thickness of the flat washer. The safety wire worked properly, the failure sounds like all the others. Still have a 4G7Z-7B368-BA WASHER KIT, but I guess it's obsolete.

Pete S.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The computer will tell if the bolts where taken care of under warranty. That may mean that a dealer installed it, or another shop. That is where I would start my research. If there is no warranty indication and you can't visually check them to see that they are accufabs, then have them replaced under the warranty.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Ford will replace the bolts under warranty at no cost to the owner. In the alternative, Ford will provide the bolt kit to the owner for installation elsewhere at the owner's expense or by the owner himself. If you want Accufabs, you have to buy them and have them installed at your own expense or install them yourself. It just depends on what you want to do. I think that covers it! :cheers
Thanks for the info!! I am going to put in a call today. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am so depressed, we will have nothing to bitch about...
I think we should shut down this forum.
Should we start a poll...

Or we could have rally XXXV at Frankie's house???

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tim is back, guess every house in SoCal is lite up!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM 07B49
AWARENESS COMMUNICATION - All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT Vehicles - Output Shaft Flange Bolt and Washer Replacement
INFORMATION ONLY - Upcoming Field Service Action
And the full text:

Reason for this communication
To inform you that Ford Motor Company will be launching a customer satisfaction program in December of 2007. Updated parts are not currently available to complete this repair. Once parts are available, a full dealer bulletin will be posted on FMCDealer.com. You may receive questions from customers about this customer satisfaction program. This notice will help you answer customer questions.

Reason for this Customer Satisfaction Program
In some of the affected vehicles, the output shaft flange attachment bolts may fracture, typically when the vehicle is stopped and power is applied, which may result in a lack of drive.

Affected Vehicles
All 2005 and 2006 Ford GT vehicles built at the Wixom Assembly Plant from Job #1 through Job Last.

Service Action
It is anticipated that the complete dealer bulletin announcing this upcoming action will be provided to dealers in December 2007, once updated parts to repair this condition are available. In the meantime, dealers can service affected vehicles that experience fractured output shaft flange attachment bolts by following Special Service Message (SSM) 19561

Customer Notification
Owners of affected vehicles will not be notified until after dealers have received service repairs and parts ordering information. It is anticipated that customer notification will begin in December of 2007.
Updated with full message.

:cheers

Letter contents:

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
For those of us in south Alabama and Mississippi and northwest Florida, Treadwell Ford in Mobile has excellent references with GTs, they currently take car of 7 GTs.

They are getting mine for the bolts replacement and regular maintenence Saturday.

Ask for Shay.