Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Received my letter today also. Just need to find a dealer that's worked on GTs, none in the southwest WI area. Suggestions on where to have this done in WI, IA, IL, or MN?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jim, come visit sunny St. Louis and Valley Ford in Hazelwood, MO. The Chicago guys may have someplace as well. I'd wait for better weather though. Frank

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just got my letter today!

It's a great thing!

(going off to cry now :wink)

FS: backup set of Accufab Bolts!

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Part number

Part number for Output Shaft Flange Bolt and Washer Repair Kit
(one kit services both sides of one vehicle)
4G7Z-4B490-A

Maybe this will help someone

DP

Source: Ford letter to dealer
100_1336.jpg

100_1337.jpg

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have written to Roush here in the UK to see if they will be receiving a supply of these new bolts....

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I have written to Roush here in the UK to see if they will be receiving a supply of these new bolts....
I would hope at a very minimum they'd be getting 28 sets. Knowing the close links to Ford I hope it's more than that.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Just Got My Recall Letter...Oh, I mean CSP!

Just got my Customer Satisfaction Program letter for the shaft bolt and washer issue!

Thank you to DBK for compling the list and giving it to Ford to see that we indeed had a problem:cheers And thank you to Ford for stepping up and taking care of this:thumbsup

Now, my only problem is finding a Dealer qualified to do the work:frown

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Jim, come visit sunny St. Louis and Valley Ford in Hazelwood, MO. The Chicago guys may have someplace as well. I'd wait for better weather though. Frank

Frank, looking at getting a trailer. If I get it yet this winter I'll coordinate with you to bring it down there and have it done. If not, I'll wait for better weather.

Jim

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just got my Customer Satisfaction Program letter for the shaft bolt and washer issue!

Thank you to DBK for compling the list and giving it to Ford to see that we indeed had a problem:cheers And thank you to Ford for stepping up and taking care of this:thumbsup

Now, my only problem is finding a Dealer qualified to do the work:frown

Jay, I have used two different dealers in your area with very poor results. My next try will be Ken Grody Ford, I've heard good things about them. They work on GT's & Shelbys at a separate location from their everyday cars. The owner has a few GT's in his own collection, is a true car guy and will only let one mechanic do the service. Good Luck!

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
Service In Orange County, CA?

Does anyone know of a dealer they would recommend in the Orange County, CA area to do the bolt repair?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've had John at Ken Grody do an oil change. Nice guy. The dealership experience is simply standard run of the mill, as far as I experienced, but I would trust John to work on my GT. I will probably have mine done there after I get the letter.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
got mine, thanks Edsel!! :)

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Dealer called the new axcel bolt TSB is out.

My Ford dealer just called me the Ford fix for the bolt issue is out. Call your Ford dealer. There were a couple other TSBs. Hopefully this will be the last fix.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Yep, just get her dun....
And read the NUMEROUS posts! Soon this will be done!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GTJim, sending you a PM. Frank

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am so depressed, we will have nothing to bitch about...
I think we should shut down this forum.
Should we start a poll...

Or we could have rally XXXV at Frankie's house???

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
For those of us in south Alabama and Mississippi and northwest Florida, Treadwell Ford in Mobile has excellent references with GTs, they currently take car of 7 GTs.

They are getting mine for the bolts replacement and regular maintenence Saturday.

Ask for Shay.

M

Mark O

My letter from Ford states that Ford will pay for all the time I've spent reading axle bolt threads. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My letter from Ford states that Ford will pay for all the time I've spent reading axle bolt threads. :wink

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! That means we're ALL, "in the chips", then!!!!!! :lol:rofl:thumbsup:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am so depressed, we will have nothing to bitch about...

That'll change in a short-short if Billary is ele........I can't even say it. :ack