Custom Ford Emblem

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
I might be trying to reinvent the wheel here on my desk, with clay and a 3D scanner, better ask the pros before I throw something expensive.

I want a custom FORD emblem on the front of my car, that 4"x1.5" one, either a FORD or FORD GT, but i want it all black/grey or like an embossed or routed style in Carbon Fiber or a solid billet piece that i could get powder coated.

Has anyone done custom emblems before? I found some online, but they are still just chrome plasitc with the area that's normally blue, in a different color.

Any suggestions? A CAD pro could whip one out pretty easily i would think, then just send to a machinist.

Ideas? Samples of other work?

I think an embossed blank would be nice, then you could powder coat the outside, and pour colored, self leveling acrylic in the FORD lettering to make it whatever color combo you want.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Billet? With Carbon Fibre?? Sounds like the PERFECT job for Jake at Project 321.

I had planned to do something like this for our cars here, but your idea sounds much better. So I'll just suggest that if you do this, or if you get Jake to do this, you should do a "Pe2unia" and offer them for sale to the forum populace.

I'm hereby first in line (after you of course).

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
I found some idiot proof CAD software, i'm in the process of designing it now, more simple than I thought. I am trying to do it so it would be easily customizable with 2 colors. Might have my first prototype in a week or so. Probably going aluminum, with some recessed lettering to make colorizing fairly simple. I'll post my results.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Make them!! I will buy one!! Or Two!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Billet? With Carbon Fibre?? Sounds like the PERFECT job for Jake at Project 321.

I had planned to do something like this for our cars here, but your idea sounds much better. So I'll just suggest that if you do this, or if you get Jake to do this, you should do a "Pe2unia" and offer them for sale to the forum populace.

I'm hereby first in line (after you of course).

I would be interested in one as well and if you don't have machinist I could talk with mine as maybe he will do it for you.:thumbsup

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I would love to have one which looks identical to the factory emblem with carbon fiber in place of the blue...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Let me guess for your yellow car right? :lol

I would love to have one which looks identical to the factory emblem with carbon fiber in place of the blue...

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Ask and The GT Guy delivers

We have been wanting to do this for a while and just finished off the first 3 yesterday. Of course the first one is on my White/flat black car. These are brand new OE parts modifed by seperating the acrylic from chrome backing, sanding the blue off and then by the process of vacuum infusion the carbon fiber piece is installed into the part. They are installed onto the car with the OE adhesive as it is still on the back of the emblem. Of course we are making 2 special ones with the blue cf and the texalium (silver)cf for Shelby #18's 2 cars. Maybe if we get enough interest we can can batch build a larger quanity to help bring the cost down. Please send me an email if you are interested, richbrooks@thegtguy.com.

Attachments

• IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 11,892
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8,636
Last edited by a moderator:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Looks great Rich, can't wait to see how they turn out on my cars!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CF emblem

Do they weigh less or more than the blue stock one?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed - will my car be lighter if I pull all my teeth?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Special Ed - will my car be lighter if I pull all my teeth?

Teeth, a$$, feet, hands, mouth...... Take it all away Doc. With that weight reduction your red car might catch up to the others in speed :rofl

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
We have been wanting to do this for a while and just finished off the first 3 yesterday. Of course the first one is on my White/flat black car. These are brand new OE parts modifed by seperating the acrylic from chrome backing, sanding the blue off and then by the process of vacuum infusion the carbon fiber piece is installed into the part. They are installed onto the car with the OE adhesive as it is still on the back of the emblem. Of course we are making 2 special ones with the blue cf and the texalium (silver)cf for Shelby #18's 2 cars. Maybe if we get enough interest we can can batch build a larger quanity to help bring the cost down. Please send me an email if you are interested, richbrooks@thegtguy.com.

The carbon fiber emblem looks even better on your matte black stripes than the black one did!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dr F edentulous

Dr F - no teeth & Ti implants will help you more than a CF emblem! Perhaps a little more costly but it could be the ticket for you! Soroush - can you help this man out?

Special Ed

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
Emblem

Just finished this one before we left. The blue one is in process.

Looks great Rich, can't wait to see how they turn out on my cars!!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Nice job Rich / Dennis. You do know which car to put that on. Please post once on since it will be awhile before I see it in person. :thumbsup

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
I need one all black or black/silver(not chrome) combo.

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
emblem

I need one all black or black/silver(not chrome) combo.

Here is the black on black per a few requests and the blue one is for Rick's car when we get it back from Kip but another blue car is modeling it.

Part of the first batch was shipped out yesterday so check your emails if you placed an order.

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
thanks

Nice job Rich / Dennis. You do know which car to put that on. Please post once on since it will be awhile before I see it in person. :thumbsup

Here is your Tungsten car, before the clear bra goes on.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Rich - black on black looks perfect. Put me down for one on the black/yellow car.

Also we need a blue version and more stars headed your way. Vents, too, on the way from Shelby.

dm