Brake Upgrade Options

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Brembo slotted rotor pn# 102.8005A at least that's on the box in my shop.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
No, there actually is such an animal, and I naturally assumed that you would have that info. :biggrin

Somewhere I have a card for race engineering contact at Brembo, I'll see if I can locate it and get the question answered. I had the product info in my file, and have misplaced it.

Rex, I have this information on good authority-

The Brembo part numbers for the individual pads are 07727547 and 07727548. I don’t think there’s a Ford P/N for the individual pad.

The pad kit should be Ford P/N 4G7V-2001-AD, or Brembo P/N 107727547. At the dealer level, sometimes they used the prefix 4G7Z.

To my knowledge Brembo/Ford never released an alternative “low dust” pad for this vehicle. The Ferodo HP1000 material is an excellent performance material, but yes, it is notorious for being quite dusty.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Thanks for checking Bill. I'm still looking for the fellows biz card. The notes from my meeting indicate that they intended to release the product in mid-2014 as they had quite a lot of interest and of course, that the pad would have slightly less performance as a trade-off. Also of note, pads for a given Brembo caliper can have a wide range of vehicle applications - it appears Brembo has done a good job of leveraging the design of the respective caliper bodies (modular approach) to optimize applications.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mitch,
I have the Brembo racing rotors.But it doesn’t much matter because
I don’t track my car anymore. If your not going to track it stock rotors are fine
Ron - what are you running now?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I agree Ron, it really does not matter much especially if tracked occasionally.

Rex, I also agree with your statement " Brembo has done a good job of leveraging the design of the respective caliper bodies (modular approach) to optimize applications." On working on my Boss Brembo calipers, these are almost identical to the OE GT calipers. Only difference is the GT calipers are mono-block (one piece) construction whereas the Boss calipers are two piece and bolted together. Same seals and piston dimensions. And you do not have to take the Boss caliper apart to service seals or pistons. So really no factor.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
This is a great source for Brake information. Dave is very knowledgeable.

www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=11_6117_6118

Joe

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There was a brief trend here of folks using "Duralast" pads to reduce dust. Don't use these on the track. 2 of our members tried at Nola, didn't go well.

I can tell you that what I have, on the car now, will turn motion into HEAT (note these were stock grey painted calipers). Worked all day at spring mountain. Got to the cords on Hoosiers, but pads survived. Matte black wheels are the ticket for hiding brake dust (pic is of my Hoosier set of wheels).

Attachments

• IMG_8177.jpg
    IMG_8177.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 130

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Wondering if Aston Martin offers anything special for the braking system, pad, rotors etc. Pricing may be a bit more competitive, or maybe not.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
There was a brief trend here of folks using "Duralast" pads to reduce dust. Don't use these on the track. 2 of our members tried at Nola, didn't go well.

I can tell you that what I have, on the car now, will turn motion into HEAT (note these were stock grey painted calipers). Worked all day at spring mountain. Got to the cords on Hoosiers, but pads survived. Matte black wheels are the ticket for hiding brake dust (pic is of my Hoosier set of wheels).

That 'gold' color of the caliper usually indicates that the driver is not getting enough heat into the pads. Try pushing a little harder into the corners. :lol

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Looks to me like the Brembo slotted front rotors are a nice upgrade, albeit not a necessity.
What can I say, it's a sickness...
Any idea where/how to order?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My AP Racing big brakes from Stillen.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 157

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think I have the slotted options you are thinking of. They are a floating system from Gyrodisc.

http://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_345.html

Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 12:11 PM
To: sales@girodisc.com
Subject: Brake Rotors

http://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_345.html

Where are your rotors manufactured? And what country is the source of the raw material used in them?

Ralph B. Lehotsky

_______________________________________________________________________________________
In a message dated 7/20/2016 11:09:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sales@girodisc.com writes:

Ralph,

Hello and thank you for getting in touch, apologies for the delay I somehow missed your email yesterday. At any rate all of our rotors are 100% American made all the way down to the raw material. We work with two different foundry’s here in the US that pour our own proprietary metallurgy in our own proprietary tooling. From there we bring in the raw castings and do all of the machining in house. For the hats we bring in 10’ bars of strictly US sourced certified aluminum and do all of the machining ourselves. Even the small drive pins that hold the hat and rotor together are manufactured in house from start to finish using strictly US sourced material.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Mike Owen
Girodisc Racing Brakes
3550 Meridian St. #6
Bellingham, WA 98225
Office: 360-306-3263 ext. 103
Fax: 360-306-3264

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Love my girodiscs. I'll never approach the limits of the brakes even when I go to the track, so I can't say if they perform better. Appearance was one of my concerns, my stock rotors were rusty.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great info there, Ralphie, I knew they were US made, but didnt know to that degree. Im happy I bought them, and would again.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Nice response to your questions Ralphie.
Sounds like Girodisc understands quality control (all the way to the raw material).
Good questions to ask.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I had the Ford 2 piece rotors for awhile. They are great. I currently have the AP Racing big brake kit by Stillen & they are good also but they float a lot so can be noisy on street.

Ed

I am not getting any noise from my AP Racing brakes with Mintex pads. Just a whole bunch of dust.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Ford Racing rotors. Two piece, cross-drilled, aluminum hats. Don't know where you'd find them though. Well, actually, you'd find a new-in-box set in my garage cabinet.

M-1125-GT (front)
M-2026-GT (rear)

I've read on the Ford Racing site that the rotors are not for street use. Is that accurate or is that just Ford trying to avoid liability? Are the Ford Racing rotors worth the upgrade over stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I've read on the Ford Racing site that the rotors are not for street use. Is that accurate or is that just Ford trying to avoid liability? Are the Ford Racing rotors worth the upgrade over stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That disclaimer is found on many of the Ford Performance (formerly Ford Racing) parts. It's legalese as you surmised. You wouldn't notice a difference on the street.