BJ Heritage

Cobraguy

GT Owner
A wrapper Canadian Heritage is on the docket at BJ this weekend. It is a pristine no stories one owner car. I know the unit personally and it is the real deal owned by a great guy. Let's start the guessing... I'll go first at $555k USD. plus comm.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
There are actually two 2006 Heritages up for auction on Saturday, lots #401 and #426. Lot 401 is in the wrapper 5 mile car while lot 426 is a Canadian car with 3,000 miles according to BJ descriptions. As stated before by Shelby at Elite, the Canadian cars don't bring the same money as American cars.

Upon further inspection I believe both are Canadian cars. My error.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
What kind of discount does a CAN car usually have vs a US DOT GT?
Just curious.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I am willing to bet money that the first number will not be a 5

gtdave16

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 13, 2013
There are actually two 2006 Heritages up for auction on Saturday, lots #401 and #426. Lot 401 is in the wrapper 5 mile car while lot 426 is a Canadian car with 3,000 miles according to BJ descriptions. As stated before by Shelby at Elite, the Canadian cars don't bring the same money as American cars.

Upon further inspection I believe both are Canadian cars. My error.

The last four digits of the 5 mile car are 0781. I thought all of the Canadian Heritage cars were made at the end of the 2006 production year.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I have a 2006 Heritage #795 Canadian model, never registered, 4500 miles, was ordered in first run of 100 cars to Canada.

Last edited:

gtdave16

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 13, 2013
I stand corrected.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

I'm willing to raise you that the lot 401 won't meet reserve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
American production stopped in Aug, 2006. The cars produced in Sept 2006were Canadian. We saw them during Rally I.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

Would it be a 5 if American?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I'm willing to raise you that the lot 401 won't meet reserve

Agreed. Canadian car with reserve and high expectations will meet a "soft market" IMHO.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
My apologies for the dumb question but why does a Canadian car bring less money?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My apologies for the dumb question but why does a Canadian car bring less money?

I don't think anyone really knows for sure...they really are the same car with a few minor differences (gauges, bumpers, etc.) to satisfy the Canadian regulations at the time.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I sure don't know either but the market speaks.

Good value if the Canadian differences don't matter to a buyer.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I sure don't know either but the market speaks.

Good value if the Canadian differences don't matter to a buyer.
Can never register it for use in the USA.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

I know of several folks who have bought cars (not FGT per se) in Canada such as Porsche and Ferrari, and have brought them to the US. Typically pay 2.5% import tax. That being said, I admittedly don't know if one can do the same with a Canadian FGT. Don't see why not though. I suspect Shelby will know.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Could just be the fear of the importation process. Find the same car, same price with no hassles in the US, which one would you buy?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

Please elaborate.

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
I Bought 2006 from a Canadian owner, Not an issue bringing it back in since all the GTs where manufactured in the US. Only some customs forms/ paperwork is required at the border.All the forms and directions are availble on line. The car differences were the rear bumper spacer (ugly) and easily removed. And the head lights are programed to be on all on all the time. Had my Local Ford Dealer reset them to the switch. There was no import tax , just some small fees.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I Bought 2006 from a Canadian owner, Not an issue bringing it back in since all the GTs where manufactured in the US. Only some customs forms/ paperwork is required at the border.All the forms and directions are availble on line. The car differences were the rear bumper spacer (ugly) and easily removed. And the head lights are programed to be on all on all the time. Had my Local Ford Dealer reset them to the switch. There was no import tax , just some small fees.

Don't they also have "icon" gauges?