GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"500k for the Boss 9."

That must be a helluva Boss 429!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
There goes my insurance premium again - up!

gtdave16

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 13, 2013
Did the other car sell ?
Ajb (andy)

$375,000 without commission, $412,5000 with.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
There goes my insurance premium again - up!

Are you utilizing your AARP discount? ;-))

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Are you utilizing your AARP discount? ;-))

:lol

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
"500k for the Boss 9."

That must be a helluva Boss 429!!

another B9 at BJ brought $550,000.00 a couple years ago. I know the owner and it was flawless

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We actually entered the Boss 429 in the West Palm auction. We were very pleased with the results. It was the highest seller of the entire auction. It was one of the nicest examples of an original boss 429 on the planet in my opinion. Funny though, the auction was pressing us very hard to lower our reserve, which was much less than the $500k it brought, right before it went through all the way up until the bid hit the reserve.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats 9n the boss. It looked like a prime example.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We actually entered the Boss 429 in the West Palm auction. We were very pleased with the results. It was the highest seller of the entire auction. It was one of the nicest examples of an original boss 429 on the planet in my opinion. Funny though, the auction was pressing us very hard to lower our reserve, which was much less than the $500k it brought, right before it went through all the way up until the bid hit the reserve.

Congrats Shelby! Very nice B9

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Congrats 9n the boss. It looked like a prime example.

It was from the Ron Pratte collection.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location

Not a surprise then re: condition, quality.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Ah, I thought I recognized the photos. Indeed this was sold at Scottsdale 2015

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1969-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-429--178661

for exactly the same price. Being Pratte's certainly does explain the quality of the car.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the Pratte connection in the sale this time around.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Quick car flip. How to lose $100,000 (in commissions) in a year on one of the finest examples out there.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
another B9 at BJ brought $550,000.00 a couple years ago. I know the owner and it was flawless

This is that same car. Detailed some time ago by Bob Perkins.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Collectors change directions often. We were just lucky to be the guys that got to have it in between and was pleased that it brought the big money a second time around!!!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Collectors change directions often. We were just lucky to be the guys that got to have it in between and was pleased that it brought the big money a second time around!!!

Well said, life happens. And the more $ one has, the less the $ matter as we all know.

For me, that black Boss car is the absolute pinnacle of vintage Ford mustangs.

I covet it but can't summon the courage to open the wallet that far for another queen.

Congratulations Shelby, seems like you are often in the right place at the right time.

The harder one works, the luckier he gets.