Best NFGT versions/color combos.

Mar 28, 2019
I was lucky enough to get a NFGT allocation. Planning on going with Silver, black stripe, carbon wheels and the blk and orange interior because that is the car I like and plan on driving it and using it regularly and want to drive the car I like. Which cars do you think are going to be worth the most (carbon edition, heritage etc). and do you think the value is that much higher? Do you think it would be worthwhile to spec the most valuable version and then just wrap it and get it styled the way I like it? For example spec the carbon wheels if they are worth more but then buy a second set of alloy wheels to put on the car if you prefer alloy. Or just spec the way I like it, regardless of value?

What version and combo do you think it will be worth the most in several years and is there that big of a difference?

Mar 28, 2019
Heritage, Carbon, any others?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
IMO, An orange colored car will increase 5X in value the moment you take delivery. All other colored cars will depreciate like an F150.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
BAT is correct, only the color is RED!

Mar 28, 2019
IMO, An orange colored car will increase 5X in value the moment you take delivery. All other colored cars will depreciate like an F150.

great info, thanks!
(what about if I put polka dots on it will that help?)

Mar 28, 2019
i laready have too many red sports cars--- red is out

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Out of approximately 450 cars my guess is close to 100 are Liquid Blue. I like Liquid Blue & even thought about it originally but as I saw more & more of them pop up I decided to stand out (all GTs stand out but among a row of GTs I wanted to find my car).

When I saw DBK's Riviera Blue GT for the first time in person I knew that a custom color was for me. I can't wait to see Bat's Epic Orange GT as that color knocks my socks off! I would guess that a 100 or so blue/orange Heritages will be made along with that many or more CEs. There will only be one Epic Orange (hello Color Lock!).

Ed

PS I know, I know: there are now 2 Golden Yellow Metallic's. I know a little how DBK feels now.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Stay away from White/blue stripe!

Reactions: digman1
Mar 28, 2019
Stay away from White/blue stripe!
white with blue stripes--a classic, always liked that look. I'm going silver with black stripes orange calipers and orange accented interior. However a custom color might be exciting as well-- will have to look into those...

Reactions: Ed Sims

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Yellow, Check with Chip.

Reactions: BAT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There is no bad color!

Reactions: tpraceman

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Curious about the "color lock" on BAT's awesome Epic Orange NFGT. Why is that color not available to others, if Riviera Blue and Golden Yellow Metallic were able to be selected by more than one owner? Personally, I think that ANY custom color should be "color locked" so that each owner that shells out that $$ is assured a unique car (except maybe OEM Ford colors- I don't think they should be color locked).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Any color can be, it just costs money. I wonder who suggested that? :rolleyes:

I would have definitely paid it but alas the ship has sailed, five times...so far.

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
What is the normal fee for a “paint to sample” color? And then to have the PTS “color locked”?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Varies widely. Most ECP colors are $30k. Lock price on top is punitive, but imo worth it.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I was at Multimatic today and saw some very cool ECP cars, but some people are trying way too hard chasing the “one of one” dream by selecting combos that don’t work very well.

“I have a one-of-one GT!”
“Yeah, you have a one-of-one GT because no one else in their right mind would want a car with that combination.”

Don’t fixate on the value thing. Spec a car you like. However, if you get a Gulf Heritage, don’t get the roundels. That’s likely to be a one-of-one. Lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My Gt IS A ONE OF ONE ! Its the only one I'm ever going to have!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The best NFGT specification is the one that you personally like the best!

Mar 28, 2019
The best NFGT specification is the one that you personally like the best!
agreed!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I was at Multimatic today and saw some very cool ECP cars, but some people are trying way too hard chasing the “one of one” dream by selecting combos that don’t work very well.

“I have a one-of-one GT!”
“Yeah, you have a one-of-one GT because no one else in their right mind would want a car with that combination.”

Don’t fixate on the value thing. Spec a car you like. However, if you get a Gulf Heritage, don’t get the roundels. That’s likely to be a one-of-one. Lol

So you’re saying my ECP Mary Kay Pink Carbon Series with Orange Accent Package might not be picked by anyone else?

W00T! I’m in! You guys will be so jealous of my long-term appreciation.

Reactions: Special K