Belt harnesses for new GT

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Put both sets in yesterday. First side took a couple of hours while I figured things out but the other side was done be in45 minutes. You’ll need a 13 mm wrench for all the bolts, a 6mm hex head for the harness brackets, and a T32(?) for the seatbelt bolts. Easy-peasyView attachment 55423View attachment 55424View attachment 55425
Did you buy the pull-up or pull-down action to tighten or both?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think pull UPS are better and easier to use in a limited space.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Down

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ttt

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
If anyone needs Sabelt information for buying harness send me a PM. They work great and fast removal when not needed.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
If I recall the "S" is specific for 3 point belts.

I have the Simpson Hybrid S model which does provide head/neck restraint when used with the typical OE lap/shoulder belt system. Thus it provides me "Hans" protection as I instruct in cars which do not have a full 4 or 5 belt restraining system. Use it in my race car as well which does have a 5-point harness. The Hybrid S is around $1200 when last I looked so it is not a cheap unit, but certainly unique in the protection it provides with the typical lap/shoulder belt systems.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yep, and Ive had one for a number of years. If a 5 point is available, the traditional Hans is more comfortable to me.

But an OEM 3 point? I'll use the Simpson.

I have the Simpson Hybrid S model which does provide head/neck restraint when used with the typical OE lap/shoulder belt system. Thus it provides me "Hans" protection as I instruct in cars which do not have a full 4 or 5 belt restraining system. Use it in my race car as well which does have a 5-point harness. The Hybrid S is around $1200 when last I looked so it is not a cheap unit, but certainly unique in the protection it provides with the typical lap/shoulder belt systems.