Barrett-Jackson Ford GT Dinner-Scottsdale

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
So have I, but I will be with my forum buddies. Sadly, I have a business dinner Thursday and won't be enjoying the great fellowship. :(

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo,

I don't know of any protected parking at B-J. I will have protected parking at the dinners. I watch the auction every year from the grandstands with a General Admisson ticket.

Chip

Thanks, Chip. I was planning on General Admission tickets and parking the Freestyle with the other unwashed masses (ie other daily drivers).

waldo

sennatree

Jan 4, 2008
Dinner

Hello, I'm new to this forum but am very interested in attending the Ford GT owners dinner. Can you please provide me with further information.

Thanks ~ John

Gentlemen,

Last January we had two very enjoyable gatherings of Ford GT owners during the Barrett Jackson auto auction. I would be happy to put it together for this year's gala event as well if there is any interest. The Barrett Jackson auction dates this year are January 13th (Sun.) to the 20th (Sun.). Last year we had dinner at Don and Charlie's on Wednesday night (39 attendees and 14 GTs were there) and at the El Charro Lodge on Thursday night (30 attendees and 12 GTs in attendance). Those two establishments work out well as the food is excellent, the owners are longtime friends of mine and most accommodating, and secure parking can be arranged for those owners driving their GTs. We did not have dinners on Friday or Saturday night as those are the two most exciting nights to be at the auction bidding with your fellow high rollers. Veronica, Charley, and I had a blast last year. :banana:banana:banana Do we have many GT owners attending Barrett Jackson this year and is there any interest in a GT Forum "Rally at the Auction"??

Chip

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
If anyone else in Tucson is interested in detailing, I can make the trip. Send me a PM. :cheers

sennatree

Jan 4, 2008
Chip,

I will be attending the dinner event on 1/17/08 along with (1) guest and the GT

Thanks.

Bob Hibbs

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2007
Chip:
I am only going to make the El Charo night (Thurs).
As my wife can't make it I will be gringing Gaddis, a friend , so there will still be 2 of us.
Sadly, I can't bring my GT down from Seattle but will enjoy seeing the others.
Thanks for all of your work on this.
Bob

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Chip

Big Bob will be here Thursday night by himself. May be bringing the car, but he is not sure yet.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I have some openings for detailing if anyone is interested. These openings are for the 14th and 15th, both A.M. and P.M. slots on both days. If you're in town, and perhaps drove your GT to Scottsdale for the dinners, you can have it detailed before the dinner and show everyone you like to keep it clean :biggrin

Please send me a private message if you are interested.
Drop it off at night, pick it up noon the next day. Drop it off at noon, pick it up before dinner. I will drive you to and from to get your car. :thumbsup

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
For anyone interested in having work done on their GT at B-J next week, I'll be in Scottsdale on Tuesday the 15th through Sat the 19th. AZGT has graciously offered me the use of his hoist.(and the garage that goes with it)

I'll be able to do oil changes, half shaft bolt upgrades, mufflers, Trans coolers, etc.

PM Me if your interested.
Looking forward to seeing every one.

Rich - The GT Factory Guy :thumbsup:thumbsup

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip,

I can not make it Wednesday the 16th. Thursday the 17th still looks good sorry for the inconvenience.

gtaustin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2007
count me in

i will have my two little ones in tow but if it is the least bit family friendly, then i would love to meet everyone...
patrick

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Chip,
Please add two more for me for Thursday nite. Thanks for organizing these dinners.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Chip,

I have now been conflicted out of both nights. I am sorry. If you guys pick a day or night for a group visit to B-J, please post. I 'd like to join you. Or, if any other activities get set up, please post about them. Thanks.

David

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Newest list.

Gentlemen,

Please check the following information for accuracy as regards the nights you will be attending, the number in your party, and whether or not you are driving a GT. The hour draws near, this is going to be a blast.
:banana:cheers We'll see you soon.

Chip

DBK-2-Wed.&Thu.
Bony-1-Wed.
ChipBeck-5-Wed.&Thu.---------driving GT
Tomy Hamon-2-Wed.&Thu.
Lthlvpr-1-Wed.&Thu.-----------driving GT
Kirby Vieira-3-Thu.
AZGT-5-Wed.&Thu.------------driving GT
Jason's Auto Spa-1-Wed.&Thu.
Waldo-4-Thu.
Team Jeff-2-Wed.&Thu.--------driving GT
Fyr-FtrGT-1-Wed.&Thu.
GT Tech-2-Wed.&Thu.
JBG-2-Wed.&Thu.---------------driving GT
TimCantwell-2-Wed.&Thu.
Fast Eddie-4-Wed.&Thu.--------driving GT
rsman-2-Wed.&Thu.
BlueMoose-2-Thu.
GTinmyBlood-2-Wed.&Thu.
Carl...Trailex Trailers-2-Thu.
GTKurt-2-Thu.------------------driving GT
GT Pilot-2-Wed.&Thu.-----------driving GT
Steve 592-2-Wed.&Thu.
Bob Hibbs-2-Thu.
Cotty-2-Thu.
Huffmantim-2-Wed.&Thu.
PaulEddy-2-Wed.&Thu.
Jamal-Build Team-1-Thu.
DGCA-4 on Wed.& 6 on Thu.-----driving GT
MDT-2-Wed.&Thu.--------------driving GT
Steve Denby-FMC-Wed.&Thu.
DBTGT-2-Thu.
JimF-4-Wed.&Thu.--------------driving GT
SteveA-2-Wed.&Thu.-----------driving GT
Sennatree-2-Wed.&Thu.--------driving GT
Bob Schwartz-1-Thu.
Avant-3-Thu.

Last edited:

sennatree

Jan 4, 2008
I've decided to come up on Wednesday instead of Thursday, can you please count us in for dinner as well

pjsaleen266

Jan 6, 2008
churchville,Pa
Hey Guys I am new to this forum . I am selling a car at the auction .(lot#1341 1970 shelby gt 500) And I am thinking about buying a GT when all is said and done.I would like to come buy and check out your cars. I am traveling w/ my friends . So I don't know our plans for dinner but would you mind us stopping by? When looking at the cars at the auction stop by and say hello . I am not arivinng untill wend .Fran T

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

You didn't happen to say, play for the Vikings a few years back, did you?:biggrin

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Chip, please make it 3 for me on Thurs. Thank you :cheers

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Chip,

Due to logistical issues, it looks like I'll be leaving the GT at home. I'm still planning on four for dinner on Thursday.

Best Regards,
Jason

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
waldo where did you get your avatar ?