Barrett-Jackson Ford GT Dinner-Scottsdale

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Now Sandra looks damn fine :)

Bony,

What about Amy (BJ bidder's assistant)? Hard to tell even on HDTV. We on the forum trust your opinion.... :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'll ask Spanky her hubby.

She is an accomplished auctioneer in her own right.

Yes, easy on the eyes :)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I really wanted to join you guys (see her/the cars up close and personal), but this is a big week in Detroit (Auto Show). Us industry galley slaves are required to be here all week - but I love this crazy industry! :biggrin

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Amy is also a very good singer as she sings the National Anthum each night. Just arrived and are getting ready for dinner with the Forum Crew. John Hennessey was on the flight with me and is having dinner with us. (Many members have not met him) He has a GT here along with 3 vipers at his display. John is a very nice person and knows his engine work. More newa to come later. We'll try to keep Daniel under control if possible. Tomy

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Chip

Thanks for all the time and effort that you put into the GT dinner last night :thumbsup It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Definitely looking forward to tonight's gathering! Also, thanks for your idea of the drink holder for the FGT :lol

John

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Many thanks for a great event last night.
I am so grateful.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
It was very nice to meet you all last night! :cheers

Here are some photos my dad took....

http://picasaweb.google.com/XJ13.Jaguar/FordGTForumDinner

I'm sure Bony will remember the guy with the HUGE camera :rofl

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A great evening was had by all last night. Great food and great FORUM fellowship. TGH
PS Life is good and we are all very blessed!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Had a great time last night and looking forward to it again tonight. I don't know what to do with "Free time" as I am usually involved in something all the time, but I have some, and I'll be at the Fashion Square Mall today to, probably, buy something I don't need.

I'll be there around lunch time, give me a call at 847-343-4180 if anyone is interested...

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If anyone has the heart to drag us out to the auctions, we didn't bother renting a car and are ready to go anytime...I'm fine just staying here though.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Found a ride. PS, if anyone here needs a pulley and tune I brought a set with me. 2.7" and Heffner tune.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What's wrong with these pictures: To start off with, there's no people in them; next, Chip in silver/no stripe car?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Superformance GT40 Mark II

What's wrong with these pictures: To start off with, there's no people in them; next, Chip in silver/no stripe car?

Frank,

The silver car I'm sitting in has stripes. It's a Superformance GT40 Mark II whose owner was kind enough to allow me to squeeze my XXL body into it to see if I would fit. I did! :biggrin I am considering adding one of these to my stable. Wish you were there last night.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, I wish I was there, too! The Midwest boys are in for a shock when they come back. Sub-zero temps and lots of snow. I'm watching the TV though, have only seen Les. Please get your XXL body in front of the camera lens so I can brag about the guys I know there spending millions on cars. AND, keep Bony and DBK in line. The newlywed must still feel like he's on a honeymoon if he won't leave the hotel.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
DBK, I'll be going Saturday and would be glad to give you a lift.

Oops... reading old posts are bad for your health......

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I had a wonderful time, thank you to everyone that attended. Thank you to Chip for organizing everything, and thanks to Dave for leaving those fold it yourself Ford Mustang cutouts all over the car :wink Luckily I know a guy that cleans......

It was great matching faces and names and an absolute pleasure talking to everyone. I look forward to the next event. Safe travels home for those out of state.

Jason Gauer

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
It was great matching faces and names and an absolute pleasure talking to everyone. I look forward to the next event.
Jason Gauer

What he said! :thumbsup

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Michele and I thoroughly enjoyed this evening. GT owners and forum members are the greatest group of people! Chip, Thanks for another 5-Star event:thumbsup

John.

Last edited:

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Another wonderful time at dinner and with friends. Well done Chip and THANKS again :thumbsup

John

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Auction

Thursday nite they auctioned a Daytona Cobra repro from Superformance for $37K. I expected someone from the Forum to buy it. Sounded cheap, unless it was beat looking. Just wondering if anyone attending the auction saw the car.