Barrett-Jackson Ford GT Dinner-Scottsdale

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Some people are only alive because it's against the law to kill them.
IMHO :thumbsup:thumbsup

I have a "T"-shirt that expresses that exact sentiment!:thumbsup

Do they "store" these cars out in the open in the DUSTBOWL around the upper perimeter of the show field there at West World, or what??? Are they not in a tent at all?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Rich...what / who allows the car to look like that? Is not the owner there to keep the vehicle 'detailed' as it is being viewed and then bid upon? I hope to attend BJ with you guys next year to see all of this..
andy
Andy,

To answer that question, if I may Rich, the car was outside at the edge of the tent next to a gravel road. When I was there on Thursday, the GT was a mess. It was clear no one was around to keep it clean that day, and if no one has been around since :ack It'll probably be rubbed off with a spare T-shirt or dry bath towel before it hits the auction block...Whoever wins it, I know a good detailer that can help with all those scratches...

P.S. Rich, hows the weather there? -4*F here last night.....

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Jason,

It was worse yesterday. :eek I was just about to post that whom ever gets the car, (hopefully someone on the forum) contact you ASAP!! Your right about the spare tee shirt. If anyone can save the poor thing, it's You. :thumbsup

I feel your plight about the cold My friend. It got cold last night on the drive back to My little burg of Kingman last night. Bitterly cold 35 degrees. But, in the 50's today.

In the words of Horace Greely (I think it was him) "Go west young man"

:thumbsup:thumbsup

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Red FGT auctioned at BJ's

$145K, plus commish, shipping, detailing, etc.
Car had under 1K milage, supposedly.
They gave the car about 30 seconds worth of TV coverage with a rather interesting accompanying dialog. Hmmm.
Anyone thinK that was a "Buy"?

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sticky removed.
thanks chip
great seeing everyone...

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
At Barrett-Jackson if you are a consignor of a vehicle you have to pay extra to have your car shown within an enclosed tent, If you don't want to pay extra your car is parked under an open tent with other cars and the owner is responsible keeping it clean. This facility is very dusty and dirty from traffic and people (thousands). When the vehicle comes up to go oner the stage they bucket wash each and wipe them down before presentation. They're not vwry clean. After sale placed back on lot under open tent to be covered by dirt and dust again before going to new owner. It a wonder you can recognise your purchase! You even pay extra for the time your car runs through. (prime time) We're all in the wrong business. It was said they turned down over one thousand cars for consignment this year. Each car spent more time on the auction block this year and we know why? At time it got very slow and boreing. Tomy PS But still a blast to be there on the floor where the action is (even with Dr.McDreamy) I couldn't keep Sue in her chair! I repeat A BLOOD BATH WAS HAD BY MOST CONSIGNERS.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
What did the Yellow International truck, Unique Perf. Mustang Conv and matching trailer bring total? It was sold as a package. Thanks.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
b-j

Lot #1325 Shelby GT500SR $150,000.00
Lot #1325.1 CXT Truck $150,000.00
Lot #1326 Featherlite Trailer $35,000.00

Total $335,000.00

All the results are listed on www.barrett-jackson.com

dp

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
If anyone see's my old 429 SCJ Falcon let me know. I heard it was going to B-J

image013.jpg

Wow! Very rare Ford indeed. I have only seen one other that belonged to John Pol in Fresno CA. I have lost track of him and the car.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Many Thanks

Many thanks to all for the great time and gracious hospitality on Thursday night. Special thanks to Chip and Larry for all of the time and effort put into Thursday night's festivities. It was nice to finally meet and chat with so many of you. The whole family had a great time.

Daniel,
Thank you once again for the gracious use of your guest pass on Friday. I'm not sure who was more wide eyed at the whole spectacle, Jack or myself.

I think one of the greatest feelings from this whole Barrett-Jackson weekend was taking my GT for a spin yesterday and having absolutely no "car envy" over anything that passed through Scottsdale this week.

I can't wait to meet up with you guys in Vegas this fall.

Best Regards,
Jason

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It was great seeing all of you again! Let's do it again next year!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Wow! Very rare Ford indeed. I have only seen one other that belonged to John Pol in Fresno CA. I have lost track of him and the car.

Maybe that was who I got it from 15 years ago? I tracked it down from the Ford Drag Team members. 9 were built for them but the campaign was pulled as Ford already had Torino & Fairlane models.
2 door post car
No options
No Power anything
No AC
429SCJ Drag Pack car with Shaker hood
36K actual

The only thing I did was to put a Gear vendors OD on it and kept the shaft & tail stock so it could be returned to original.

And I sold it 4 years ago for real cheap and it was perfect other than a door ding and I mean even the carpet was perfect. I don't know what came over me when I sold it (cant fix stupid I guess).

Mar 15, 2006

Tim, it was great meeting you and so many other fine folks at the GT dinner on Wed. nite as well as throughout the BJ event. I look forward to seeing yall again real soon!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale

How 'bout next month :thumbsup

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007

I heard there's a little get together at the road course Feb. 10th :biggrin

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Anything set in stone for March? :cheers

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Maybe that was who I got it from 15 years ago? I tracked it down from the Ford Drag Team members. 9 were built for them but the campaign was pulled as Ford already had Torino & Fairlane models.
2 door post car
No options
No Power anything
No AC
429SCJ Drag Pack car with Shaker hood
36K actual

The only thing I did was to put a Gear vendors OD on it and kept the shaft & tail stock so it could be returned to original.

And I sold it 4 years ago for real cheap and it was perfect other than a door ding and I mean even the carpet was perfect. I don't know what came over me when I sold it (cant fix stupid I guess).

It is a small world. I looked at buying that car myself but already had too many irons in the fire at the time. John Pol and I have traded some rare Ford parts over the years. I am happy to hear that it went to a good home. :thumbsup

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
I heard there's a little get together at the road course Feb. 10th :biggrin

Feb 10th sounds great :thumbsup I'll pm you for the details.